- Product Dimensions: 12.4 x 18.2 x 27.1 inches ; 17.57 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 21.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B000ZL182I
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: 9894-000-0000
- Average Customer Review: 172 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #12,682 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Smokehouse Products Big Chief Front Load Smoker
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Front loading electric smoker comes with recipe/instruction booklet and 1.75-pound bag of Chips n' Chunks hickory flavor wood fuel
- Non-adjustable heating element operates at 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- Easy-slide chrome-plated grills; maximum capacity flavor fuel pan; dishwasher safe drip pan
- Durable, embossed aluminum construction; for outdoors use only
- UL, CUL, and CSA listed; no-assembly required; 2-year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
American Made. Easy to Use. Excellent Results
Consistent Low Temperature
A consistent low temperature setting (165 degrees Fahrenheit) so you know that you're smoking food at the low temperature you need... and not cooking and ruining your expensive and well earned batch of salmon or sausage.
Engineered Smoke Ventilation
Engineered for premium smoke ventilation including smoke circulation and proper dehydration. This ensures you get that deep smoke flavor and just the right texture when you're ready to take your food out of the smoker.
Smokes up to 50 lbs!
The smoker's capacity is a whopping 50 pounds, so whether you're smoking a fresh catch of salmon, a batch of elk jerky, or your favorite sausage recipe, you're sure to feed the entire family with the Big Chief.
Easy to Use
For 50 years, Big Chief smokers have been recognized for their easy to use application for all meats.
Original Big Chief and Little Chief smokers still in use after more than 30 years.
Smokehouse Wood Chips
- All Natural Hardwoods
- Dried at over 1300 degrees
- Premium bark-free wood
- Low moisture for premium smoke
Made in the USA Since 1968
Manufacturing Big Chief and Little Chief Smokers
In 1968, the Little Chief smoker along with a line of smoking wood chips were introduced to the sport fishing industry in the Pacific Northwest. The Little Chief was quickly recognized by serious fishermen as the the product of choice for smoking their catch of salmon, trout and steelhead. In the early 1980's the larger Big Chief Smoker was introduced, making them the most popular line of fish smokers sold in North America. They remain favorite today with Anglers and Chefs across the country.
You know what's frustrating when it comes to smoking a whole batch of freshly caught salmon, or jerky, sausage, ribs or anything else for that matter? it's when your smoker starts acting crazy with fluctuating temperatures, or when the wood stops smoking because of those fluctuating temperatures, or trying to deal with Bluetooth Wi-Fi techy something or other to control your smoker. All those issues are non-existent when it comes to the big Chief smoker, & have been since the 1960's when it was first introduced. The big Chief maintains a consistent low temperature setting (165 Degree Fahrenheit) so you know that you're smoking food at the low temperature you need... & not cooking & ruining your expensive & well earned batch of salmon or sausage.
The Big Chief and Little Chief front loading electric smokers allow you to smoke up to 25 or 50 pounds of meat or fish respectively without relying on coals or fire. The self-contained, electric powered smoker is equipped with a heating element that holds a steady heat of 165 degrees Fahrenheit for slow-cook smoking. The durable, aluminum smoker is equipped with a maximum capacity flavor fuel pan to imbue your food with the smoked flavor you choose and is vented for proper dehydration. The easy-slide chrome-plated grills load and unload with ease from the front, like a typical oven. With a dishwasher safe drip pan at the bottom of the smoker, cleanup is easy. The smoker comes complete with a Smokehouse recipe and instruction booklet to get you started and a bag of Chips n' Chunks wood fuel in hickory flavor. The smoker is designed and intended for outdoors use only, and requires no assembly.
- Durable, embossed aluminum construction
- Easy-slide chrome plated grills
- Maximum capacity flavor fuel pan
- Dishwasher safe drip pan
- Vented for proper dehydration
- Non-adjustable heat operates at 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- 3-wire plug and cord grounded to body of smoker
- Includes recipe booklet and complete instructions
- Includes 1.75-pound bag of smokehouse natural wood chips
- 2-year warranty to be free from manufacturing or component defects
- Made in the USA
- No assembly required
- UL, CUL, and CSA listed
- Use with standard 110 volt household current
- Use properly installed ground fault interrupter (GFI) circuit
- Use only on a concrete or other non-combustible surface
- Use at least two feet from any combustible materials
- Should only be used outside
Medium "Little Chief" Specifications:
- 4 Easy-Slide Chrome Plated Grills
- Capacity: up to 25 pounds of meat or fish
- Dimensions: 24.5 by 11.5 by 11.5 inches (H x W x D)
- 120-volt, 250-watt heating element
Large "Big Chief" Specifications:
- 5 Easy-Slide Chrome Plated Grills
- Capacity: up to 50 pounds of meat or fish
- Dimensions: 24.5 by 18 by 12 inches (H x W x D)
- 120-volt, 450-watt,4-amp heating element
What's in the Box?
Smoker with heating element, easy-slide chrome plated grills, electric cord, fuel pan, and drip pan; Smokehouse recipe and instruction booklet; 1.75-pound bag of Chips n' Chunks wood fuel in hickory flavor
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Safety WarningOn Product Combined Cancer Reproductive
Legal DisclaimerWARNING: This product contains wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. In addition, combustion of wood chips (or pellets), like all wood products, results in the emission of carbon monoxide, soot and other combustion by-products which are known by the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Use safeguards to avoid inhaling wood dust or wood combustion by-products. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov
Showing 1-5 of 172 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Edit (March 22, 2015)
I have used this a half dozen times now. I LOVE it. The one thing that MUST be kept in mind is that this is a SMOKER. It doesn't necessarily cook your food unless it is left in there for a VERY LONG TIME. Smoke the product, put it in the oven or finish it off on the stovetop. Your choice.
Play around with the flavorings. Certain smoke has an affinity to certain types of food, but don't forget the tastes within the house. If someone doesn't like apple smoke, well, don't do it. There's plenty of other products from which to choose.
Three months after buying this smoker I finally for a chance to put it to a test.
· First thing I want to bring up are the handles. As is, they well burn your hand or fingers trying to lift the access door. I will wrap mine in good or duct tape.
· Second, at 140°F, the heat coming from the electric bar really burns up the wood. I'm not quite sure what I amgoing to do about that.
· Third, for winter, cold weather or windy use, as many owners have said, a thermal blanket is necessary. I made my own out of ducting insulation and duct tape. The insulation I chose is safe above 200°F.
The product I chose to "test drive" was a bone in pork shoulder roast I had tossed in the slow cooker on "auto" for 8 hours. (Auto can mean just about anything depending on brand and model.) The pork was already succulant, moist and tender.
I used a 50-50 combination of pecan chunks and bourbon barrel wood for this experiment. Bringing this to a full heat/full smoke, about 20-30 minutes. I let the wood burn down. At 45 minutes I disconnected the power source. At 60 minutes I removed the pork. I was rather happy with the results. My only regret was I did not also try the wireless thermometer I had bought specifically to use with the smoker.
I look forward to more experimentation!
I read some reviews were people complained about this smoker- that it didn't work well.
ITS A LOW TEMP SMOKER, NOT A GRILL or BBQ !
This only get 165 degrees, perfect for smoking salmon or fish for fish dip.
Remember 165 degree is as hot as it gets.
The Big Chief is simplicity and perfection.
MINE HAS LASTED 9 YRS AND STILL WORKS FLAWLESSLY!
the bottom and keep it cool. the way it is now, be careful what u set it on, the unit gets hot !! the phone number of the company on the front lid would help sell the unit better, and then u don't have to look it up if u want to order something!! the cord is too short for me, I would make the cord as long as 2 of them, and put an On-Off switch in the middle! im going to do this, with an after market switch. the company could have included the 1 drying screen with the unit, if u like it, u can order a set of 5 of them. this way, it gets u to try the product! they put a handle of the door where the smoking pan goes, on an angle, on the left side, like this / . you can now open the little door with ur left hand and put the pan in with ur right hand!
maybe even have some legs on the unit, that fold up under it, made of wire, or a little wire stand for it to sit on, so air can get under it. the vents would do the trick! that's easy to do when ur making it, they are stamped in the metal. I used one of these 50 years ago, I know it works!!