|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
One Smoking Hot Fairy Tail (The Water Kingdom Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 318 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to One Smoking Hot Fairy Tail (The Water Kingdom Book 1)
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Kevin Breaux sets the novel in Los Angeles, not too far into the modern future. Sabrina is a socialite with her bodyguard and friend Mira living in luxury, but she is unhappy. Her father disowned her after a video of her breaking into a laboratory and having sex with her boyfriend and vampire Cade made the media rounds. Vampires and fairies are supposed to be mortal enemies but love knows this not. Sabrina is still deeply in love with Cade. Sabrina’s other good friend is Moselle; Moselle is part of the ancient undead. The human involved in this unlikely group is Jackson, he works for Moselle’s father in advertising and he falls in love with Moselle, she feels the same way, their love is also forbidden under the traditions of the otherworld’s. The relationship dynamics of all the characters are complex and while the love stories are secondary to the action plot of dismantling Alexander Kintner’s DUST operation they are useful in learning the history and culture surrounding the otherworldly.
One of the great things about this novel, is the history. Breaux manages to weave into his story line ancient Egyptian mythology and facts. There is great detail presented into how the otherworldly are created and it is explained in a manner that is fluid to the story line so you don’t feel like you are reading a dissertation in the middle of your novel. It is told through personal experience of the characters and given a strong emotional component not just a sterile list of how to instructions. You really get to know the characters through these flashback memories and they advance the story line as well so you can better understand why some of the characters respond as they do. Breaux brings the reader into their world, he presents the information as deeply hidden secrets in the world of the otherworldly and emphasizes the dangers of this information getting out into the hands of mortal humans.
One Smoking Hot Fairy Tail is an engaging book that will leave the reader turning the pages to see what happens next. Kevin Breaux is able to tap into the reader’s emotions to draw them in and give them a real connection to the characters. Jackson the human in all this is relatable to many. His reactions as he finds out more and more about his new friends is believable. Breaux ends this novel with a cliff hanger leaving the reader to wait for the next installment to see how things continue. I think this is going to be a great series for Breaux.
Wow...what a fantastically creative and innovative book. Although I've read one of this author's horror novellas, I honestly wasn't sure what to expect from a full-length paranormal novel from him. What I got surpassed my non-existent expectations (so I guess I had some...I just didn't know exactly what they were.)
This is a story about four friends that come together in an effort to keep a bad guy from killing Sabrina for her wings.
1. Sabrina is a fairy. She's the modern day equivalent of Kardashian or Paris Hilton. She's famous for her beauty and partying ways...and her incredibly gorgeous back tattoo of wings...that isn't really a tattoo at all. A year ago, she lost everything when her boyfriend Cade filmed them having sex. The press got hold of the tape and Sabrina's life was ruined. She's just now beginning to recover from that debacle.
2. Cade is a vampire who was turned during the Civil War and he's completely in love with Sabrina. He has no idea what even happened to her after he videoed them because the vampires have all been put to ground...pulled into a deep sleep by the vampire empire...and all of that happened after he went to sleep. But Sabrina needs his help so he's awake again, even though she is not happy with him.
3. Moselle is Sabrina's best friend and also Egyptian royalty who's a few thousand years old. Yeah, she's a modern day mummy, but nobody knows that except other paranormal beings. She has a really interesting history and existence today to maintain her healthy appearance. No spoilers, but wow... (And can I just say...every scene from Moselle's house-besides the snakes-made me want to see it. Her closet- gasp!)
4. Jackson is the human in the bunch. He's Moselle's boyfriend and I think he was my favorite character. He's a hockey player but battling all these supernatural creatures (that originally he didn't even know existed...including what Moselle really is), but he takes everything in stride and puts his hockey moves to good use during battles. I really did love him and how he pretty much took this all in stride because he cares so much for Moselle.
The story is chock-full of action that involves a ton of paranormal creatures who are all existing in the human world. But threaded within the story are other miniature vignettes in time and from history about how all these characters got to this place. Those vignettes go from ancient Egypt, to the Civil War, to even Hitler...yeah, there were some really fun and creative ways the author tied history into this modern day paranormal world.
I really enjoyed reading it. And while the suspense story line concluded in this book, the story line for the characters doesn't look like it's over yet. YES! Can I just say how excited I am about that? I can't wait to see what happens with them next and where the author takes them all.
I enjoyed how the novel is set in modern times and not some archaic world of time’s past, though I loved how ancient mythology blended in. The unique storyline hooked me from the start, and it was that and the simple fact that it was an immensely fun read that had me breezing to the end in just a few sittings.
If you are a fan of this genre, One Smoking Hot Fairy Tail will not disappoint. If you’re into horror or any other type of fantasy and looking to break out of your rut, look no further than here.
Kevin James Breaux is an award winning author who earns all 5 of the stars for this one!