One Smoking Hot Fairy Tail (The Water Kingdom) (Volume 1) Paperback – April 6, 2016
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
From the Author
- Item Weight : 1.03 pounds
- Paperback : 316 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1523992352
- ISBN-13 : 978-1523992355
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.79 x 9 inches
- Publisher : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2nd edition (April 6, 2016)
- Language: : English
Best Sellers Rank:
#5,242,110 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #82,095 in Paranormal & Urban Fantasy (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Wow...what a fantastically creative and innovative book. Although I've read one of this author's horror novellas, I honestly wasn't sure what to expect from a full-length paranormal novel from him. What I got surpassed my non-existent expectations (so I guess I had some...I just didn't know exactly what they were.)
This is a story about four friends that come together in an effort to keep a bad guy from killing Sabrina for her wings.
1. Sabrina is a fairy. She's the modern day equivalent of Kardashian or Paris Hilton. She's famous for her beauty and partying ways...and her incredibly gorgeous back tattoo of wings...that isn't really a tattoo at all. A year ago, she lost everything when her boyfriend Cade filmed them having sex. The press got hold of the tape and Sabrina's life was ruined. She's just now beginning to recover from that debacle.
2. Cade is a vampire who was turned during the Civil War and he's completely in love with Sabrina. He has no idea what even happened to her after he videoed them because the vampires have all been put to ground...pulled into a deep sleep by the vampire empire...and all of that happened after he went to sleep. But Sabrina needs his help so he's awake again, even though she is not happy with him.
3. Moselle is Sabrina's best friend and also Egyptian royalty who's a few thousand years old. Yeah, she's a modern day mummy, but nobody knows that except other paranormal beings. She has a really interesting history and existence today to maintain her healthy appearance. No spoilers, but wow... (And can I just say...every scene from Moselle's house-besides the snakes-made me want to see it. Her closet- gasp!)
4. Jackson is the human in the bunch. He's Moselle's boyfriend and I think he was my favorite character. He's a hockey player but battling all these supernatural creatures (that originally he didn't even know existed...including what Moselle really is), but he takes everything in stride and puts his hockey moves to good use during battles. I really did love him and how he pretty much took this all in stride because he cares so much for Moselle.
The story is chock-full of action that involves a ton of paranormal creatures who are all existing in the human world. But threaded within the story are other miniature vignettes in time and from history about how all these characters got to this place. Those vignettes go from ancient Egypt, to the Civil War, to even Hitler...yeah, there were some really fun and creative ways the author tied history into this modern day paranormal world.
I really enjoyed reading it. And while the suspense story line concluded in this book, the story line for the characters doesn't look like it's over yet. YES! Can I just say how excited I am about that? I can't wait to see what happens with them next and where the author takes them all.
All in all, a good romp, and definitely left me wanting more.
Top reviews from other countries
Sabrina isn’t just a rich party girl and scandal-magnet of modern day America, she is also a fairy. And she is in great danger, because someone is targeting fairies and he stops at nothing. Together with her friends – Cade, a just recently roused vampire and former army general; Moselle, a beautiful Egyptian princess who is also an ancient mummy; and Moselle’s human boyfriend Jackson who can barely cope with the world he has gotten himself into – Sabrina must quickly find out who is behind this scheme before it is too late for her best friend Mira. And for herself.
Vampires, elementals, mummies, werewolves. The all exist but they are not nice and fluffy, they are dark and they have teeth and forbidding powers. A fun adventure that leaves you wanting more. I’m off reading book two now!