Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "The Smoking Gun Handheld Food Smoker” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 12% off the $99.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Smoking Gun Handheld Food Smoker
|Price:||$99.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Quickly and effortlessly infuse food and drinks with natural smoky flavors with The Smoking Gun Handheld Food Smoker
- The Smoking Gun offers an alternative to traditional smoking methods
- Simply fill the Smoking Gun chamber with your choice of combustible, turn it on, light and apply cool smoke where you'd like it
- Includes: The Smoking Gun, acrylic stand, 18-inch nozzle extender hose, four AA batteries and two.5-ounce wood chip samples
- Works on various types of wood chips, teas, herbs, spices and even hay and dried flowers
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: The Smoking Gun Handheld Food Smoker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||6 inches x 5.5 inches x 2 inches||2 inches x 11 inches x 10 inches||6.3 inches x 10 inches x 16.1 inches||13.7 inches x 3.5 inches x 7.1 inches|
|Item Package Weight||2.15 pounds||2 pounds||11.1 pounds||5.6 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Where I will add a kudo is for the company behind the product. My Smoking Gun came with a faulty switch: sometimes the fan did not come on, other times it would, and I thought it was simply a matter of weak (?) batteries or smutz on the terminals. But no: the switch eventually failed completely about three days after the warranty expired.
Nevertheless, I called the company and talked to a nice gentleman who cut me some slack: they would send me a new one and a box to return the old one. The new one works perfectly. They went the extra mile for me, that's worth a lot, and I'd like to point that out in public. Nicely done, PolyScience, and thanks.
Here is a video from the president of the manufacturer, Polyscience. [...]
Note in his video:
1) He has trouble keeping the device lit
2) He has to smoke the food twice
3) It still comes out "too subtle" - his own words
4) There is no point in using it to smoke food prior to cooking - his words
5) He mentions that "fresh" smoke is important because "stale" smoke will make the food taste "like an ashtray" - his words
6) Smoke escapes from the container into the kitchen (a problem noted by several reviewers here and at WS)
All in all, it seemed like a clever idea. I really wanted it to work, but it just doesn't. I'll go back to either using a real smoker, liquid smoke or smoked salt and smoked paprika to get the taste I'm after. It does do a great job of stinking up the kitchen and your clothes. Plus charging $20 for tiny jars of wood chips is a total ripoff. I guess the whole thing is just smoke and mirrors.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I only works when I use a seal bag with food inside and fully close it after using the smoking gun. Otherwise, smoke will not add flavor to food.Published 2 days ago by Emiliano Gam
The instruction say not to run more than 30 seconds. This product is totally useless. It is not worth $10. let alone $100.Published 23 days ago by R. E. Vowell
Not worth buying. Mine came without one of the springs that holds the batteries in place and the stainless steel mesh screen was missing. Read morePublished 1 month ago by William Jenson
I absolutely love these. This past winter I was at a Ritz-Carlton bar and they had a "smoked" signature drink. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Adam Dmitriev
This works slick! You have to try smoked Bloody Marys!! Produces a light smoke taste. Easy to operate. Easy to store.Published 3 months ago by Fal G