Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.94 shipping
Smooth-On Rebound 25 Brush On Trial Unit Platinum Silicone Moldmaking Rubber
|Price:||$39.06 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Easy-to-use platinum-cure silicone rubbers which self-thicken for making brush-on molds of almost any mode
- Rebound® rubber can be applied with a brush or spatula to vertical surfaces without sagging and will cure with negligible shrinkage to a flexible rubber.
- 4 thin layers are all that is necessary to make a flexible, strong and durable production mold for casting wax, gypsum, concrete or resins (urethane, polyester, etc.)
- Advantages Over Urethane Brush-On® Rubber: (a) Rebound® will not stick to most surfaces, so surface preparation is minimal, (b) Two liquids that mix easily together, (c) stands up better to production casting of resins and low temperature melt metal alloys and (d) has a long library life.
- Will not work with modeling clays containing sulfur under any circumstances. Suggested mold release : Mann Release Technologies / Ease Release 200
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Rebound® 25 is an easy-to-use platinum-cure silicone rubber that self-thickens for making brush-on molds of almost any model. Mixed 1A:1B by volume (no scale necessary), Rebound® 25 can be applied with a brush or spatula to vertical surfaces without sagging and will cure with negligible shrinkage to a soft, flexible rubber. Applications include reproducing sculpture, architectural restoration, making candle molds, casting pewter, etc. Suggested mold release : Mann Release Technologies / Ease Release 200
Top customer reviews
= 1:1 ratio by volume NOT weight.
- Paint 1 layer, wait 60 mins (or when tacky) and paint on 2nd to 3rd layer as needed.
- use and throw-away.
-Worst pour containers everywhere, need plenty of practice to ensure the wide mouth doesn't cause the fluids to spill everywhere.
- waiting 60 mins in between layers is ridiculous. Tacky (when touching, solution will not come off onto your finger) is also required for 2nd coat.
-Contacted Smooth-on customer support and there is no way to clean this stuff.
- cannot clean the Pre-mix Solution A/B.
- VERY Difficult to Clean Mixed A/B solution.
- All brushes, mixing tools, and mixing pot is pretty much needed to be discarded after each use.
-WAIT FOR IT TO BECOME TACKY BEFORE APPLYING 2ND-3RD COAT!
Ignoring the fine-print of waiting 60 mins will result in overcoating, what happens then is that the highest point of the molded object will have the least amount of brush-on mold and the bottom will consistently be flooded by the ooze as it very slowly comes down.
- 3/8" thick coat is "Just right". Thicker is better.
PS: If you look at my history I very rarely give out 5 stars.