Smooth-Sil 940 Food Grade Mold Making Silicone Rubber - Trial Unit
|Price:||$37.16 + $8.49 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Suitable for Food Grade applications (See Technical Bulletin) - Great for making baking molds and trays, ice trays, casting butter, chocolate, fondant and other applications used to produce foods.
- Shore 40A Hardness
- Mix Ratio: 100A:10B by weight (requires digital gram scale)
- Pot Life: 30 minutes - Cure Time: 24 hours
- Also can be used for general mold making. Materials such as plasters, concrete, wax, low-melt metal alloys or resins (urethane, epoxy or polyester) can be poured into it.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
SUITABLE FOR FOOD GRADE APPLICATIONS, SEE TB FOR POST-CURE REQUIREMENTS Smooth-On Platinum Silicones (platinum curative) cure at room temperature with negligible shrinkage. These silicones exhibit good chemical, abrasion and heat resistance. Materials such as plasters, concrete, wax, low-melt metal alloys or resins (urethane, epoxy or polyester) can then be cast into these silicone rubbers without a release agent. Smooth-Sil® Platinum Silicones are used for rapid prototyping, wax casting (foundries and candle makers), architectural restoration and for casting concrete. READ the MSDS before using. See technical bulletin for usage instructions available at www.smooth-on.com. MIX RATIO: 100:10 by weight; POT LIFE: 30 mins; DEMOLD TIME: 24 hours; SHORE A: 40; COLOR: Pink
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I don't have access to a vacuum chamber, and I mixed the two parts of the silicone together by hand using a disposable plastic spoon. It still turned out really well though.