- File Size: 806 KB
- Print Length: 50 pages
- Publication Date: May 26, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00D192118
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,544 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$2.99|
Save $2.99 (100%)
Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss - 30 Delicious Detox, Cleanse and Green Smoothie Diet Book Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Many of these recipes include items that are not usually in our pantry, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find them. Some ingredients include coconut milk, coconut oil, almond milk, orange juice(not from concentrate), and Matcha green tea. Those ingredients are used to help emulsify the fruits.
Some of the fruits include blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, mangoes, and bananas. There are also recommended seeds and veggies to add to some smoothies, chia seeds and spinach for example. These are tasty, enjoyable, easy to whip up, and make up several fat burning, metabolism boosting antioxidants. Enjoy!
My problems aside, this book could use the following help:
- It's too short. The content should match the expertly designed book cover. Whoever made the cover on Fiverr.com needs props.
- The pictures need help. They're taken with flash turned on, inside of a room with bad lighting already, using a cellphone camera from 2005. There's so many good cameras on the market that bad photos are inexcusable.
- The recipes need more interesting names so that you can remember them. So the next time you're making a Mr. Carrot Goes to Washington, you'll remember where the name of the drink came from.
- Maybe some advice about losing weight in general would help.
Otherwise, this is the world's most generic Kindle e-book, and unless the author pumps ten thousand dollars into marketing and pop-up ads promising that it will change your life like watching 2001: A Space Odyssey while simultaneously tripping on mushrooms, then it's not going to make very many sales, unless the author follows the advice in this comment. Good luck!
THE BAD: As other reviewers have said, I wouldn't consider many of these smoothies low enough in calories and fat for weight loss, at least not for a female. The author has listed no nutritional information which is important to weight loss (i.e. calories, fat, sugars, etc.) I like to select what I eat/drink based on this information. I also have a major issue with the recipes that contain match a green tea powder. While it may have great health benefits, I find the amount he calls for WAY TOO MUCH. The first recipe in this book, "Tropical Green Energy" calls for 2 Tablespoons of Match a Green tea powder. I took one sip of this smoothie and had to spit it out, it was totally undrinkable and had to dump the whole thing out. The green tea powder has an extremely strong and bitter taste and what he called for in the recipe was far, far too much. Most of the other recipes calling for the tea powder called for 1 Tablespoon, but even that is way too much. I read the Matcha tea powder bag and it says the recommended daily dose is 1/2 - 1 TEASPOON. So if you buy this book, beware of this! My last issue is that several of the recipes are just OK. Some are fairly good, but so far I have made about 7 of these smoothies and I haven't been super impressed by any of them as I have been with others I have made (not from this book).
As far as the reviews calling this an "infomercial" or just an ad for this guy's business, it's pretty standard for ebooks to contain links to the author's website and info about their other materials. Yes, he's offering a free book to attract more customers. It's called marketing.
It's nice knowing how a certain food or ingredient helps and why (besides flavor) you're putting it into your blender to begin with. I'm very pleased with what I have read and will use this as a reference while I make my smoothies. Not too bad for a free ebook.
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Beverages & Wine > Juices & Smoothies
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Quick & Easy
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Quick & Easy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Low Fat