Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on December 9, 2016
Great product! Makes a great inexpensive gift.
on January 12, 2017
excellent
on November 22, 2011
Pokemon Advanced: Snack Attack! is a book based on the Pokemon episode, "You Never Can Taillow!"

On the front cover, this book is billed as being part of the "Learn to read with Pokémon" series. Looking at the book, it is obviously being aimed at children who are learning to read. It's 32 pages long, and it contains a combination of text and pictures. The writing in the book has simplified the story to make it easier for early readers to read the book; the simplification is especially evident in the dialogue. The simplified dialogue sounds a little choppy, but I understand that these dialogue rewrites needed to be made in order to make the book easier to read for its intended audience.

The pictures included in the book are a combination of screenshots from the episode and art drawn for the book. The drawings in the book don't have an actual background for them; they just have a color for a background, so it makes it look like the character or characters on the page are floating in air. I don't like the fact that there are no backgrounds for those pictures, since the screenshots on the screenshot pages do have backgrounds. These two different types of artwork give the book an inconsistent look. The screenshots used in the book look noticeably blurry. The blurry screenshots are in stark contrast to the drawings, which are very clear. I don't know how much children pick up on this difference, but as an adult, I find it to be rather distracting when I'm reading the book with my youngest child.

I give the author and publisher credit for taking the episode and writing it in such a way that early readers can read a book featuring an adventure they've seen on television at a level that is right for them. However, I wish the artwork in the book had more consistency to it. Considering the age of this book, it's pretty much impossible to track down a new copy of it. However, if you have an early reader at home who is a fan of Pokémon, I would suggest purchasing a copy of this book if you can track it down. It's a book we first purchased when my middle child was an early reader, and he enjoyed it. His younger sister, who is an early reader and is also a Pokémon fan, has been enjoying it as well.

I wrote this review after reading a copy of this book that my husband and I purchased for our children.