Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on October 15, 2011
I was very disappointed by Snakes in the Pulpit . I purchased it and Crooks and Homos in the Pulpit during the time of the Bishop Eddie Long scandal. I expected to be engaged in an informative and well researched discussion of Armstrong's subject matter. That was not the case. I encountered nothing of real substance. At the end of my reading of the books I had no new insight, no new awareness or understanding. I was disappointed.

Media reports of corruption in Christendom has become common place. And within Christendom corruption is tolerated and accepted. We all know that. Armstrong failed to shed any revelatory light on a shameful reality.
on September 28, 2016
Things in this book, I already knew and the author was very jugemental though I agree with him.
on July 14, 2016
THIS BOOK WAS VERY INTERESTING
on March 25, 2016
this man has drunk way too much "Haterade"
on October 9, 2014
Loved it!!!! Alot of truth that most try to close their eyes to.
on March 22, 2015
So true and to the point!
on May 24, 2015
on October 1, 2010
He wrote this book in 2007 and said Rev. Eddie long was gay. It's 2010 and looked what happened.
on December 30, 2010
I was totally expecting to gain some insight into the world of mega ministers. Instead, the book was filled with profanity and inappropriate context. I tried to ignore the first few references, but when the author went ahead to provide a deragatory and all too descriptive opinion of homosexual behavior, I had to call it quits. The sad part is the author spends a lot of time describing how christian he is. It appears that he missed the part about love and forgiveness. Although I myself am adamately against the homosexual lifestyle, there is a more appropriate way to express yourself, especially when you are a christian. You must hold yourself to a higher standard which the author has not yet found. There just are certain words that should not be repeated in a christian book. It is amazing how the topic of the book concerns the failings of christian leaders, while the author has missed the mark of christianity himself. Someone needs a little grace and mercy, as well as deliverence from cursing, as the Bible says that we can not bless and curse with the same mouth. I think the author should do some soul searching. Although the content is highly believable, the blatant sinfullness of the writer calls into question the validity of the claims in the text.

In summation, I do not recommend this book.
VINE VOICEon June 7, 2008
This book was very informative. It tells about the going ons in some big churches. It's hard to believe that some people are so blinded by faith that they can't see what's truly going on. This book truly opened my eyes to a lot of what I knew was behavior unbefitting a church and it let's me know it's ok to speak on it if my heart so desires.