Snap-On 870716 SR3000 3,500 Watt 6.5 HP Gas Powered Portable Generator
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High efficiency portable generator with 3,000 continuous watts output and 3,500 surge watts
- 6.5 HP Snap-on XT200 4-stroke engine with low oil shutdown, automatic voltage regulator and circuit overload protection
- 4 gallon metal tank with fuel gauge provides 13 hours of runtime at 50% load
- Ideal for emergency, residential and recreational use
- 1 year limited warranty; CARB compliant
Find the right generator for your power needs - Get Started
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This quality portable gasoline generator is designed and built for years of reliable use. Its compact, portable design and low 65dB noise output makes it ideal for emergency, residential and recreational use. The 4 gallon tank provides up to 13 hours of runtime at 50% load. It's powered by a durable, high-performance Snap-on XT210 OHV engine and a high efficiency alternator that generates 3,500 surge watts. Snap-on XT engines are produced to exacting specifications, resulting in longer life and increased fuel efficiency. All Snap-on XT engines are built to such high standards as to be able to reach DOUBLE the lifecycle testing standards published by nationally recognized testing labs. Features include: Fold-down handle, metal fuel tank with fuel gauge, hour meter, 2ea 120V AC power outlets, circuit protectors, low oil indicator light, toggle On/Off switch, 7-inch puncture-proof wheels. When it comes to needing parts and service your covered by a nationwide network of local authorized service centers ready to get you back in business. 1 year limited warranty.
Built for years of reliable use, this 3,000 Watt Snap-On SR3000 portable generator (model 870716) offers a compact and portable design and low 65dB noise output--making it ideal for emergency, residential, and recreational use. It's also a good choice for running smaller power tools on your home construction and yard projects. This gas-powered generator has a 4-gallon metal tank (with fuel gauge) that provides up to 13 hours of runtime at 50 percent load.
This model is CARB compliant. Click here for the non-CARB compliant model.
The Snap-On SR3000 portable generator with 3,500 surge-watt rating (see larger image).
At the heart of this portable generator is a 6-1/2 HP Snap-on XT200 4-stroke engine with low oil shutdown, automatic voltage regulator and circuit overload protection. It provides an AC-rated output of 3,000 continuous watts and has a high-efficiency alternator that can generates up to 3,500 surge watts. Well regarded throughout the industry, Snap-on XT engines are able to reach double the lifecycle testing standards published by nationally recognized testing labs.
It's easy to transport thanks to its fold-down handle and 7-inch puncture-proof tires--a great choice for use on terrain strewn with sharp objects. Other features include a large control panel with toggle on/off switch, circuit protectors, and two 120V power outlets.
Requires some assembly. This unit is backed by a 1-year limited warranty (parts and service support is provided by a nationwide network of local service centers).
What's in the Box
Generator, funnel, engine oil, fuel stabilizer, assembly tool kit, quick-start guide, owner's manual
- AC rated output: 3,000 watts
- AC maximum output: 3,500 watts
- AC voltage: 120V
- AC frequency: 60 Hz
- Noise output: 65 dB
- Engine: 6.5 HP Snap-On XT210 OHV Gas
- Displacement: 196cc
- Fuel tank capacity: 4-gallons, metal
- Runtime: 13 hours (at 1/2 load)
- AC Output: Two 120V (5-20R)
- Dry weight: 103 pounds
ApplicationsTo pick the right generator for your needs, follow these rules of thumb:
- Add up the total wattage of all the appliances and tools you want to run at the same time. Use the wattage chart printed on this box for help.
- Remember that appliances need up to three times as much power to start up as they do to run.
- If you’re still not sure what generator you need, here are some general guidelines you can follow:
- 1000-2000 Watts -- for recreational use such as camping, tailgating, etc.
- 3000-6000 Watts -- for residential and emergency use such as running essential appliances like a refrigerator, sump pump, and lights
- 3000-8000 Watts -- for heavy duty and professional use such as construction, industrial, and multiple appliances
Compare Snap-On Portable Generators
| SR3000 |
|Continuous watts||3,000 watts||5,600 watts||5,750 watts|
|Surge watts||3,500 watts||7,600 watts||6,800 watts|
|Engine||Snap-On XT200 OHV Gas||Yamaha MZ300 OHV Gas||Snap-On XT390 OHV Gas|
|Engine horsepower||6.5 HP||10 HP||13 HP|
|Outlets||Two 120V||Four 120V, One 120/240V||Four 120V, One 120/240V|
|DC voltage||No||No||One 12V, 8 AMP outlet|
|Fuel tank capacity||4 gallons||6-1/2 gallons||6-5/8 gallons|
|Runtime (1/2 load)||13 hours||12 hours||12 hours|
|Noise output level||65 dB||n/a||72 dB|
|Approval||CARB or non-CARB||EPA||CARB or non-CARB|
|Weight||103 pounds||182 pounds||174 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|