CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $13.99 shipping
Snap Circuits SC-300 Electronics Discovery Kit
|Price:||$45.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Projects involve AM radio, burglar alarm and more
- Educational toy contains over 60 parts
- Requires 4 "AA" batteries (not included)
- AWARDS: The National Parenting Center-Seal of Approval, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products, Dr Toy Best Educational Products
- Contains over 60 Snap-Together parts. Build over 300 exciting projects.
- Clear and concise Illustrated Manual Included and Available Online.
- Build a Radio, Doorbell, burglar alarm and more
- No tools required
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Build 305 different electronic projects. View larger.
AM Radio View larger.
Snap Circuits comes with over 60 pieces to create 305 different electronic projects. The pieces, which include snap wires, a slide switch, a resistor, a microphone, and capacitors, snap together easily onto the included plastic grid--no soldering required. Each piece is numbered and color-coded to make identifying them easy. These components combine to create working circuit boards just like the ones found inside televisions, radios, and other electronic devices.
Simple, Fun Projects Let Kids Learn While They Play
With its easy-to-follow instructions, Snap Circuits gives your child a hands-on education in how electrical circuits run the everyday devices that they're familiar with. They'll also gain valuable lessons in building and in following instructions. The project manuals include large color illustrations and simple directions for each project.
The project list includes all of the projects included in the SC-100 set and 204 additional projects, including a photosensitive electronic organ, a lie detector, an AM radio, and a two-finger touch lamp. With these projects, children will experiment with electric switches, integrated circuits, digital circuits, fuses, and the transformation of circuit sounds into other sounds.
Grow as You Go
Because the projects are arranged in order of complexity, kids can build on their skills as they progress through the manual. The lessons start out with a simple electric light and switch project that demonstrates how electricity is turned on and off with a switch. Further along, kids can put together a fire fan symphony, a water-detection alarm, a delayed-action fan, and more.
Design Your Own Circuits and Upgrade Your Kit
Once children have mastered several of the techniques introduced in this kit, they can use the components to experiment and create their own customized circuits and electronic devices. The Snap Circuits SC-300 can also be upgraded to the Snap Circuits Pro, Snap Circuits Extreme, or SCM-400 with the purchase of a UC-50, UC-70, or UC-100 upgrade kit, respectively. Kids will enjoy additional parts, manuals, and projects that'll take their kit--and their fun--to the next level.
Snap Circuits SC-300 requires four AA batteries, which are not included.
What's in the Box
Plastic snap-grid, 32 electrical components, and 2 project manuals.
|Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100||Snap Circuits SC-300||Snap Circuits Pro SC-500||Snap Circuits Extreme SC-750|
| || || || |
Top Customer Reviews
As a parent of a six-year old, I have been trying to introduce him to all facets of science and this is a wonderful tool. He immediately created a circuit - a combination light/fan circuit - in parallel and in serial - and he understood the difference between them. It was just amazing. He always appreciates what we get him, but he fell in love with this toy instantly. He was engrossed for the next hour experimenting with the various components.
There are about 60 components which create a total of 300 projects. Count on there being about 125-150 basic projects (I have not conducted a detail count!) with the remaining coming from tweaks in these 125-150 basic projects. However, I do not want to discount the value of these tweaks...they are designed to teach the value of electronic components and instigate independent thinking. This is definitely a "Learning" Toy. With the limited emphasis on science in our schools, the approx. [item price] is worth the investment.
For people who cannot envision how these snap into place (I couldn't!), the "snap" is from "snap-button". The component is soldered onto a large piece of plastic which have snap-buttons on it. These snap-buttons snap onto a large plastic grid or onto other components. Simple concept - Snap-On and Snap-Off!!
All the components have their respective symbols stamped on them which aids in early familiarization.Read more ›
Not Snap Circuits!
I ordered this for my six-year-old son and we've loved every second of playing with this educational toy.
What makes it stand out?
1. Exceptionally good building instruction manuals. With clear directions in full-color, the two large manuals included with the SC-300 kit are perhaps the best manuals I've seen for anything I've ever purchased. They lay out all the projects possible with the kit and also the principles that govern how the projects work.
2. Rugged construction pieces. The electronics of the kit come attached to thick slabs of plastic which have spring-loaded button-snap connectors (as found on clothing) on the backside. Each piece is clearly marked, especially so for those electronics that attach in one specific current direction. The kit should last for a long time.
3. Clever construction system. The button-snap connectors are pure genius. Most of us parents know the electronic kits with spring terminals, but the snap system here outshines the kind we grew up with.
4. Three hundred projects in the SC-300 kit. Plenty of projects to keep the kids occupied on rainy summer days. I wish I'd had a kit this nice as a kid!
5. Good mix of electronics. A nice range of resistors, capacitors, ICs, and special function electronics, including photo sensors, speakers, sound sensors, motors, microphones, etc.
6. Superb value. Rarely can you buy a children's toy and get the feeling you truly received what you paid for. This kit's worth every dime--and then some.Read more ›
The projects range from fast simple ones (can get a light bulb and a switch going in a minute or so) to more elaborate more interesting ones (we actually built a working AM radio).
There are endless projects in the book with easy to follow directions on how to put them together.
The "snap" mechanism for connecting components is extremely clever -- it eliminates the challenges of bad connections on wiring boards I grew up with. The snaps are a little hard for a 5 year old to push close, so I find myself helping on them -- although the kit is aimed for somewhat older kids anyway.
Only "complaint" I have is that they could have put a couple educational points about how the circuit is working in the book near each circuit -- to spell out the "learnings" of each project.
Overall though, this is definitely one of the best science kits of any type that I've seen, and absolutely worth the investment.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
son is interested in electronic/computers - this is an excellent way to move up from legos and continue the drive to build and learnPublished 5 hours ago by K Back
My grandson loves this toy. He uses it everyday to discover something new about electricity.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Kids loved it.
Great way to introduce them to electronic circuits; fun projects to build; very safe to use; great design that wear and tear would not be impacting the setup as... Read more
My 4 yo twins love these snap circuits. They have learned to follow the pictures of each project and snap the circuits together themselves with little to no assistance. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Dana M Holmstrom
I love gifts that children can learn from, my grandson enjoyed this very much.Published 12 days ago by Julie