Snap Circuits SC-300 Electronics Discovery Kit
|Price:||$45.34 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- AWARDS: The National Parenting Center-Seal of Approval, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products, Dr Toy Best Educational Products
- Contains over 60 Snap-Together parts. Build over 300 exciting projects.
- Clear and concise Illustrated Manual Included and Available Online.
- Build a Radio, Doorbell, burglar alarm and more
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- No tools required
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
Specialized Snap Modules
Elenco Electronics has been supplying schools, universities and businesses with quality education tools, components and kits for over 40 years.
- ALL SNAP CIRCUITS MODULES ARE FULLY COMPATIBLE
Learn While Doing
Snap Circuits Electronic Discovery Kits
Give your child an exciting, hands-on introduction to electronics with Elenco Electronics Snap Circuits SC-300. This kit contains over 60 color-coded, real circuit components that snap together to create working electronic circuits and devices. Recommended for children 8 and older, this set offers 305 do-it-yourself projects that will give your child an entertaining, concrete education on how electronics work.
- No Soldering
- No Tools
- It's a Snap
Create Working Electronic Circuits
Snap Circuits comes with over 60 pieces to create 305 different electronic projects. The pieces, which include snap wires, a slide switch, a resistor, a microphone, and capacitors, snap together easily onto the included plastic grid--no soldering required. Each piece is numbered and color-coded to make identifying them easy. These components combine to create working circuit boards just like the ones found inside televisions, radios, and other electronic devices.
Grow as You Go
Because the projects are arranged in order of complexity, kids can build on their skills as they progress through the manual. The lessons start out with a simple electric light and switch project that demonstrates how electricity is turned on and off with a switch. Further along, kids can put together a fire fan symphony, a water-detection alarm, a delayed-action fan, and more.
- Age: 8 and UP
- 60+ Snap Modules
- 300+ Projects 300+ Projects
- Upgrade Kits: UC-50, UC:70, SCM-400
Design Your Own Circuits and Upgrade Your Kit
Once children have mastered several of the techniques introduced in this kit, they can use the components to experiment and create their own customized circuits and electronic devices. The Snap Circuits SC-300 can also be upgraded to the Snap Circuits Pro, Snap Circuits Extreme, or SCM-400 with the purchase of a UC-50, UC-70, or UC-100 upgrade kit, respectively. Kids will enjoy additional parts, manuals, and projects that'll take their kit--and their fun--to the next level.
Top Customer Reviews
As a parent of a six-year old, I have been trying to introduce him to all facets of science and this is a wonderful tool. He immediately created a circuit - a combination light/fan circuit - in parallel and in serial - and he understood the difference between them. It was just amazing. He always appreciates what we get him, but he fell in love with this toy instantly. He was engrossed for the next hour experimenting with the various components.
There are about 60 components which create a total of 300 projects. Count on there being about 125-150 basic projects (I have not conducted a detail count!) with the remaining coming from tweaks in these 125-150 basic projects. However, I do not want to discount the value of these tweaks...they are designed to teach the value of electronic components and instigate independent thinking. This is definitely a "Learning" Toy. With the limited emphasis on science in our schools, the approx. [item price] is worth the investment.
For people who cannot envision how these snap into place (I couldn't!), the "snap" is from "snap-button". The component is soldered onto a large piece of plastic which have snap-buttons on it. These snap-buttons snap onto a large plastic grid or onto other components. Simple concept - Snap-On and Snap-Off!!
All the components have their respective symbols stamped on them which aids in early familiarization.Read more ›
Not Snap Circuits!
I ordered this for my six-year-old son and we've loved every second of playing with this educational toy.
What makes it stand out?
1. Exceptionally good building instruction manuals. With clear directions in full-color, the two large manuals included with the SC-300 kit are perhaps the best manuals I've seen for anything I've ever purchased. They lay out all the projects possible with the kit and also the principles that govern how the projects work.
2. Rugged construction pieces. The electronics of the kit come attached to thick slabs of plastic which have spring-loaded button-snap connectors (as found on clothing) on the backside. Each piece is clearly marked, especially so for those electronics that attach in one specific current direction. The kit should last for a long time.
3. Clever construction system. The button-snap connectors are pure genius. Most of us parents know the electronic kits with spring terminals, but the snap system here outshines the kind we grew up with.
4. Three hundred projects in the SC-300 kit. Plenty of projects to keep the kids occupied on rainy summer days. I wish I'd had a kit this nice as a kid!
5. Good mix of electronics. A nice range of resistors, capacitors, ICs, and special function electronics, including photo sensors, speakers, sound sensors, motors, microphones, etc.
6. Superb value. Rarely can you buy a children's toy and get the feeling you truly received what you paid for. This kit's worth every dime--and then some.Read more ›
The projects range from fast simple ones (can get a light bulb and a switch going in a minute or so) to more elaborate more interesting ones (we actually built a working AM radio).
There are endless projects in the book with easy to follow directions on how to put them together.
The "snap" mechanism for connecting components is extremely clever -- it eliminates the challenges of bad connections on wiring boards I grew up with. The snaps are a little hard for a 5 year old to push close, so I find myself helping on them -- although the kit is aimed for somewhat older kids anyway.
Only "complaint" I have is that they could have put a couple educational points about how the circuit is working in the book near each circuit -- to spell out the "learnings" of each project.
Overall though, this is definitely one of the best science kits of any type that I've seen, and absolutely worth the investment.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Its good for curious children. Kids will feel like Jr.Scientist after doing this projects.Published 4 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Got this for a science teacher and she was in heaven! She LOVES how this works and her kids learn the hands on information so much faster!Published 11 days ago by Megan Ikerd
My 4 year old loves it. He's too young to understand the concepts but we talk about them. The instructions are simple like Lego's so he's able to build the easier projects by... Read morePublished 13 days ago by Uncle Grumpy
Love love love Snap Circuits. We play with this all the time. We are actually looking to add to our collection. This is such a wonderful learning tool for kids. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Amazon Customer
We love it, even my two girls enjoy building the projects and making up their own!Published 15 days ago by Alyssa Anderson
My 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter love this set! They spend hours playing with it and creating new projects. And I have to admit.... Read morePublished 15 days ago by USC90