Snap Kayaks USA Modular Sit on Top Kayak
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Mid section only
- Snap-tap locking system keeps all sections securely latched together
- Four-step footrests accommodate Paddlers of all sizes
- Built-in carry handles, Paddle park, bottle holders and gear storage with Drainage
- Made of strong, impact- and up-resistant Polyethylene that's also maintenance-free and recyclable
- New modular sit on top kayak
- Splits apart for easy storage and transport
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Form Factor||folding and modular;sit-on-top|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 27 x 55 inches|
|Material Type||blow-molded polyethylene|
|Seat Material Type||plastic|
|Shipping Weight||31.3 pounds|
|Weight Supported||265 pounds|
Top Customer Reviews
I'm giving this kayak 2/5 stars. The only good things about it are: A) It is sectional and thus easier to transport inside of my car and B) It didn't sink when I used it.
But there are several things about this kayak that I didn't like, which promted me to return the item.
- The sections of the kayak are snapped together using a ratchet locking system, but the ratchet itself is secured into the kayak by only ONE tiny little screw less than 1/4" long. This does not feel safe at all. If this tiny, short screw were to become undone, the sections of the kayak would come apart. Major design flaw, IMO. Such an important component that holds the kayak together should be secured by a much larger screw.
- There are no handles to carry the kayak. Even though the kayak comes apart into sections, there are no handles. Carrying each section is very awkward for lack of a proper handle.
- Water gets into the kayak. Even when everything is assembled and snapped together and tightened, water still seeps into the kayak at the seam lines where the sections are snapped together. The water doesn't seep in continuously, but it gets high enough to where a cup holder - located on the floor of the kayak - was completely filled with water.
- The above mentioned ratchet locking system is poorly placed, so that when you paddle, you are constantly having to make sure your hands don't bump into it.Read more ›
All three pieces fit in the back seat of my Camry! (just barely) Yes, a two person kayak fits in my back seat without folding the seat down. The clear advantage to this type of kayak is it will fit in some full sized cars and hatchbacks so you don't need a truck or a trailer to move it. Check the dimension of the pieces to make sure it will work for you.
It is fairly sturdy in single configuration and even better with all three pieces but I would not try to stand on it.
The yellow color of the kayak makes it more visible to other boaters and safer than darker colors. If you are concerned about the yellow color and fishing, in most water conditions after a few feet down colors are hardly visible to the fish.
These kayaks are made in the United States.
Kayak is ideal for fishing lakes and bays and calm water conditions only. It is not ideal for rougher water conditions.
Despite the description, it does not have any rod holders. This was easy to overcome, I purchased two Scotty flush mount rod holders. The top section of the rod holder is detachable and fits into the bottom flush mounted section.
If using the kayak with only the front and back (single person configuration), the seam for the two pieces sits below your butt and your butt will be a little wet so it is best suited for warm weather conditions.
Each piece of the kayak is made to fit together with a tongue and groove system at the bottom.Read more ›
It has excellent initial stability, but the apparent trade off is that has a more barge-like feel to it when under paddle compared to my touring yak (go figure). It still allows a comfortable, leisurely pace, though. Yes, as noted in another review, the attachment strap buckles will tear up your third knuckles and severely punish you if you get sloppy with your paddling form. I almost took a star away for that (wish they would have made the configuration more rounded or attached a soft cover to snap over them), but when I caught my knuckles it was poor form/hand placement on the paddle and after all, I still "love" this kayak (hence the 5 stars).
You will eventually get "wet butt" on this yak if there is any wave action (wakes), but the same is true of most other sit on tops. When I/we get back from the day's trip, I bring the pieces back into my apartment and all three fit right under my queen-sized bed.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I also bought these at another store since a had a gift certificate. I didn't see any reviews prior to my purchase either. I'm in agreement with the previous reviewer. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Crazygirl
We enjoy this kayak because is disassembles and we can take it on our sailboat. It is very easy to put together and not too heavy although not light weight. Paddles pretty fast. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Amazon Customer
I purchased a new kayak from Amazon, but the one I got seems used. The box for the front and back sections weren't even resealed when I got it. Read morePublished 12 months ago by 123
I have used the kayak 3-4 times. Easy to carry and fits in my storage since the pieces come apart. My only drawback is you can hit your hand to the hooks on the sides when you are... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Ali
I was initially concerned reading reviews about poor tracking, water on seat, flimsy construction.
Let's start with construction: the strength of something is not based on the... Read more
I was waiting to write my review until we had more experience with our two kayaks. We have now owned these for a whole year and couldnt be happier! Read morePublished 13 months ago by Ruth
I got this 3 years ago. I use it on the canyon lakes in Arizona. I take cameras with me on the water so I wanted something really stable - this is. Read morePublished 18 months ago by M. Jorgensen
We have two Cadillac DTS cars. Unfortunately, that car model is not designed for roof racks or trailer hitches. Read morePublished 18 months ago by maxlucmax
In four tries, including today I have only been delivered back pieces. I need a front piece. I can not use a back piece alone.Published 21 months ago by Jane Nelson