Spectacles - Sunglasses for Snapchat
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Press, Play: Just press the button to start recording a 10-second video from your perspective, hands-free. Press again to extend to 20 or 30 seconds. Spectacles light up to let friends know you’re recording. What you do next is up to you!
- Full Circle: Relive the moment the way you experienced it with our unique circular video format. Rotate your phone to catch every detail. Or, pinch to zoom out and see everything, all at once!
- In Sync: Your videos are backed up and saved to Memories on Snapchat. Just open Snapchat to start importing via Bluetooth, or connect to Spectacles over Wi-Fi to import in HD.
- Share Anywhere: Send your videos to friends, add them to your Story, or save them to your Camera Roll. You can even add captions, stickers, doodles, and other effects on Snapchat!
- Charge on the Go: No need to bring your Charging Cable along — or even your phone! Spectacles can capture and store videos on their own, and recharge up to four times. Charging Case and cable is included.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Make Memories with Spectacles
Spectacles capture the moment — without taking you out of it! Just press the button to start recording your world, the way you see it, in our unique circular format. With on-the-go charging and wireless syncing to Snapchat, you’ll never miss a moment.
Getting Started with Spectacles
Charging your Spectacles
If the LED light near your left eye is flashing red when you press the button, that means the battery’s low! To charge your Spectacles, put them in their Charging Case or connect the included USB cable.
Pairing your Spectacles
Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth and put on your Spectacles.
Install the latest version of Snapchat. Open Snapchat and tap your Profile icon to view your Snapcode.
Look at your Snapcode and press the button on your Spectacles to pair!
Importing video in HD
If you’re on an iOS Device
Swipe up to open Memories.
Tap the title of a Story.
Tap ‘Get HD,’ and Snapchat will walk you through the rest!
If you’re on an Android device
Your HD videos will automatically import alongside your regular videos over Wi-Fi.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, the limitations. The battery got me through a 3 hour hike in Oneonta Falls (Portland) and a handful of recording before telling me it was low on battery. Fortunately, the included case carries about 4 full charges so you just need to put it back in the case to start charging again. I have a wide face, so sunglasses don't usually fit well on me unless I look for one with a flexible frame. The Specs looks and feels narrow, but surprisingly are not uncomfortable even when worn for a couple of hours. I do hope that they provide wider options in the future.
Now, the good stuff. There's that saying that the best camera is the one you have with you. Well, there are times that you don't even want to pull out your phone whether you are afraid of losing it or because it would be missing the moment. That's where I found the Spectacles to really shine. The first moment it really hit me was when I took my 8 year old ice skating and although she could skate on her own, she wanted me to push her on "Bobby the Seal." As I was pushing her, she starting squealing loudly because she was having so much fun. I started recording and the video is something that I couldn't have captured on anything other device while both my hands were in use. This is an image and sound that I will cherish forever. Shortly after, I went to Portland and hiked to a gorgeous waterfall. I used my phone for some shots, but as we were wading through waist high water, I put my phone away and used my Specs to record the immersive moment. Not only was I recording everything I see at a special moment, but I was in the moment. That's what the Specs do for me.
Are the glasses comfortable? Not really, they are sort of heavy. Is part of your field of view obstructed by the camera module? Yes, sort of annoying.
The videos I take with the Spectacles really do have a "memory" quality to them, because of the first person perspective and the fish eye lens. They are especially great when going on trips, and I have some really great memories from a friend's wedding. Overall, serviceable sunglasses that will give you some unforgettable memories.
- Lightweight on face
- The glasses fit people with big heads/faces (as you can see on my picture) still comfortable
- Video quality is good on normal setting and great on HD setting
- Battery indicator on glasses are a good addition
- You can wear for extended time without them feeling uncomfortable
- Sound quality is crisp and battery life is good
Room For Improvement?
- The sync time for HD videos would be a tad bit faster
- Video Filters or the ability to add filters after uploaded would be nice
- Battery life isn't terrible but it also isn't the best (Thanks for the charging case, it's a life saver)
For the price, I would recommend everyone to buy these. Even if you don't use snapchat, these glasses will make you want to become an explorer!
Delivered on time and same as described! Video quality is not the same as the iPhone or Android you may have, but you can enable the HD mode and get better looking videos. Works very easy and nice
I really love the charging case