Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,205 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,251 reviews
on June 11, 2014
I will freely admit that I am a popcorn fiend. I consume at least two pounds of popcorn a month, and I am on a perpetual quest to find the perfect popcorn. I have tried many of the brands of popcorn for sale on Amazon.com as well as whatever is on the shelves at my local grocery store. I have even grown my own popcorn--that's how serious I am about my corn habit!

Snappy white popcorn is the best popcorn that I have tried. It pops up bright white and very tender. Although the kernels are small, they are delicious and have lots of nooks and crannies to hold toppings. I pop it in an air popper, and there are only a few unpopped kernels in each batch that I make.

Granted, this popcorn pop up much smaller in size than movie theater corn, so if you are looking for bigger kernels, consider trying another brand. FYI, Great Northern's Gourmet Popping Corn is a good bet for big, yellow movie theater type corn, although it is much tougher than this Snappy corn is. Also, if you are looking for corn to make caramel corn or other heavily topped corn with, Snappy white pop corn may not be the best choice because it is small and doesn't have the tough structure that some of the other brands of corn do.

In any case, if you don't mind small kernels and like a more tender popcorn, it will be hard to go wrong with Snappy White Popcorn. I highly recommend it.
on July 8, 2015
Don't pay any attention to the negative reviews. This popcorn is very good quality. This company was started in 1940 and is one of the biggest popcorn company's still in business. I've read some of the comments of people claiming they found"rocks" or "dirt" in their popcorn which seems a little suspicious to me considering how big the company is and how long they've been in business. Idk, maybe it was a fluke? All I know is that my jar was factory sealed in a clean container and it was all kernels. As far as the people claiming it isn't good tasting? Well, maybe they got a bad batch because mine tastes awesome. What I can tell you is this. It usually comes down to how you make it, and If you follow my directions below, you will be able to make some of the best tasting popcorn you've ever had in your entire life. There is a technique to making great tasting popcorn and unless you do it correctly, you will be disappointed with the results. First off, forget about using an air popper. It will likely turn out chewy. The best way to make it is on the stove the old fashioned way. Now, If you don't already own a Whirley-pop, then go buy one because they're dirt cheap (no pun intended) and the best. Until then, get yourself a decent medium or large sized pot with a lid. Secondly, buy a jar of organic coconut oil as it's by far the best oil you can use for making popcorn. It's not only healthier for you, but also gives the popcorn a much better taste. Thirdly, order from Amazon a box of Gold Medal Flavacol popcorn salt, and if you wish to make movie style popcorn you can also buy "Snappy butter burst oil." And lastly, if you choose not to use the butter burst, you can substitute it with some non-salted real butter ( butter burst is better though). Now, you ready for this? Okay, first take three level tbsp of coconut oil and place it in the pot and set heat to the medium setting. While waiting for your oil to heat up, take the partial stick of butter (or butter burst) and heat it in a mug in the microwave till it's melted or warm and set it aside. By now your oil should be fully heated so go ahead and throw in a couple of kernels and wait till they pop. Once they pop, pour in 1/2 cup of Snappy kernels along with one level 1/2 tsp of the Flavacol. Leave the lid off for now (the less steam the better) and slowly slide the pot back and forth on the stove so the kernels don't sit (very important) and once you see the kernels start popping, quickly place the lid on the pot and hold lid 1" ajar so the majority of the steam can easily vent (also very important). While holding lid, continue shifting the pot slowly from side to side the entire time until you hear the popping slow to about one or two pops every couple seconds and immediately pull it off the stove and pour the popcorn into your bowl, but only pour it to the halfway mark. Now take the melted butter (or butter burst) and drizzle half of it over the first half of your popcorn. After that, pour the rest of the popcorn into the bowl and pour the second half on top of it. If you like, you can always sprinkle a little Flavacol onto your popcorn and toss it, but be careful not to over salt it as it will more easily stick to buttered popcorn. Now sit back relax and enjoy some popcorn that's sure to raise some eyebrows.
on March 21, 2014
I asked if there were many hulls in the question and answer section. A response said there were no hulls. Of course I know there may be a few if it says none. My jar had many hulls with every bite. Hulls get embedded in the gums and teeth. Even with brushing immediately after eating popcorn with lots of hulls, you may not get them all off your gums and teeth which can cause problems.

I love white popcorn. This seemed to have an after taste which I hated. I considered this the worse tasting popcorn I've ever had.
on July 10, 2013
This popcorn is great. In fact, I came back to the page to re-order it and decided to leave a review, although I thought I had before. It pops up light and tender, holds up well to lots of butter and leaves very few unpopped kernels if you use a big enough pot. A few times, I've used too much and my pot was over flowing with popcorn, and naturally, I turned it off. Those times, there were unpopped kernals, but I now know I don't need as much of this as my previous brand because the kernels are bigger.

What I really want to say is this popcorn makes fantastic caramel corn. I've used it four times now and taken the batches of caramel corn to family gatherings. Everyone raves about it. The popcorn is crisp and tender, and the caramel adds a chewy factor, meaning the caramel corn is a unique mixture of chewy and crispy. (at least, using my recipe, it does)

The above mentioned lack of unpopped kernels is important when making caramel corn because you need to get as many of those out as you can before adding the caramel. You don't want someone breaking a tooth on a hard kernel. One batch that I measured exactly right, literally had only 15 unpopped kernels out of four quarts of popped popcorn.
This popcorn has a very good taste, but the kernels are pretty small and they don't pop well in my Cuisinart CPM-100 EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker, Red -- some of the popcorn burns after it pops -- the kernels cannot seem to get past the unpopped kernels.

Of course, I can put much less in the popper -- but that takes away the fun of having a full serving -- about two cups -- all at once. So, if a cup of popped popcorn suits your needs, good on you and you may like this popcorn.

Bigger kernels work much better - I use White Cat Corn for example -- all of it is blown out of the popper.

Purdue University's website gives you a bit of information about kernel size: "No industry standards have been developed for kernel size determinations; but a commonly used measure is based on number of kernels in 10 grams and defines kernel size as follows: 52-67 = large, 68-75 = medium and 76-105 small." I just eyeball the kernels but for the scientifically minded ...

So, my recommendation: try this popcorn because the taste is good if not burned and lots of people like it. But, be aware, bigger kernels will more easily be blown out of air poppers, and you may be happier with them.

I sure am.

Robert C. Ross
September 2014
on February 23, 2017
We have been buying this particular type of popcorn for years now to use in our Whirly Pop. It pops very well and doesn't leave any old maids behind unlike microwave popcorn. The popped corn in fluffy and easy to season and eat. We prefer the white corn over the yellow as it is easier on our digestive system.
on April 19, 2014
This is the problem with not requiring labeling of GMO products. Unless the product itself is labeled non-GMO, how can you rely on a product description? I'm not even sure the label is the truth, but at least the company is making the ascertain in writing on the label. With 90% of US corn GMO, I have my doubts about this popcorn.

All of that aside, the popcorn has good flavor and aroma. I rarely have unpopped kernels. I serve mine with a bit of butter, salt, garlic and pepper. My family eats every last bite. I've been using Trader Joe's rice oil, but After seeing some reviews here, I may try the coconut oil.

Some people mentioned the small size pops. All of the other white corn I have ever tried has smaller pops. The kernels of white corn are smaller than yellow corn, so this should be expected.

If I knew for certain that this corn was non-GMO, I would give it 4 or 5 stars.
VINE VOICEon October 14, 2016
There's not much to say here - it's good popcorn, fluffy white kernels that are crunchy and wonderful. I enjoyed every bite and you have the bonus of that big recyclable plastic jar it comes in. You'll be able to use it soon because you'll go through the popcorn quickly.
on February 16, 2013
I don't have a lot to compare this to in the lines of popcorn other than microwave corn. With that said, I do like the flavor of this corn, even unsalted or without butter.

I use a hot air popper and the corn pops white and fluffy, and the hulls actually don't bother me or seem to get stuck in my teeth as much as microwave popcorn.

For the cost this is a LOT cheaper than microwave. I've made probably 10 batches with my kids and only used maybe 1/4 of the jar. And each batch probably doubled the amount you get in a microwave bag. So, from the standpoint of cost, this is WAY less expensive than microwave. Of course, you need the flavoring and air popper to go with.

I bought this with the air popper because I thought it would be fun for my kids, and even after 10 batches, they still get excited for popcorn and movie night on Friday night.

Overall, it's good stuff and would buy again.
on April 4, 2014
This is terrible popcorn. The kernals are not plump, and no taste at all no matter how much salt I added. So disappointed. I love popcorn and wanted to give this a try after reading the reviews. Gave the popcorn away to a neighbor.UPDATE: I sent email to amazon about this popcorn, they sent out another one next day, we'll guess what! FIRST THERE WAS NO PLASTIC SEAL AROUND TOP, next once opened the cheap piece of cardboard covering was almost all the way off(that means no seal at all), than popped the corn same taste AWFUL! In addition once again no product date on container at all. How is this product getting even sold to the public? I threw it away AGAIN! It also doesn't pop good the kernels are very small and hard