Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 11, 2014
I will freely admit that I am a popcorn fiend. I consume at least two pounds of popcorn a month, and I am on a perpetual quest to find the perfect popcorn. I have tried many of the brands of popcorn for sale on Amazon.com as well as whatever is on the shelves at my local grocery store. I have even grown my own popcorn--that's how serious I am about my corn habit!

Snappy white popcorn is the best popcorn that I have tried. It pops up bright white and very tender. Although the kernels are small, they are delicious and have lots of nooks and crannies to hold toppings. I pop it in an air popper, and there are only a few unpopped kernels in each batch that I make.

Granted, this popcorn pop up much smaller in size than movie theater corn, so if you are looking for bigger kernels, consider trying another brand. FYI, Great Northern's Gourmet Popping Corn is a good bet for big, yellow movie theater type corn, although it is much tougher than this Snappy corn is. Also, if you are looking for corn to make caramel corn or other heavily topped corn with, Snappy white pop corn may not be the best choice because it is small and doesn't have the tough structure that some of the other brands of corn do.

In any case, if you don't mind small kernels and like a more tender popcorn, it will be hard to go wrong with Snappy White Popcorn. I highly recommend it.
69 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 28, 2018
I use a whirrley-pop stovetop popcorn maker and with this popcorn I get the most tender, moist popcorn you'll ever have. No more dry, lifeless air popper corn. Consider these two items the "secret weapon" that gets comments on my popcorn from guests.

I add 1/2 cup of these kernels into a whirrley-pop, with just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. For oil, I find peanut oil and grapeseed oil give the best taste. To that add a level teaspoon of Flavocol artificial butter flavor (more or less, to taste). Stove heat to 8/10. Crank slowly and continuously, at least once the kernels stop to pop. Remove when the pop rate drops to one or two per second.

The result is theater popcorn but better.. and once you get the timing down there's almost 100% pop rate and no burning.

Definitely a winner.
5 people found this helpful
on September 5, 2017
I bought this after researching all the comments from various different types of popcorn I did not realize there are so many different types of popcorn kernels.

I use this in my microwaveable popcorn bowl. The popcorn turns out great, there are not many kernels or hulls that are left. This is important to me as I for some reason easily choke on popcorn.

I have had this for a couple of months now and barely made a dent in it, and I use this at least 2 times a week. You get so many kernels in this container!

This is one of my 3 & 5yr old's favorite snack. Of course I pair this with popcorn salt since I love the movie theater flavor.
5 people found this helpful
on February 23, 2017
We have been buying this particular type of popcorn for years now to use in our Whirly Pop. It pops very well and doesn't leave any old maids behind unlike microwave popcorn. The popped corn in fluffy and easy to season and eat. We prefer the white corn over the yellow as it is easier on our digestive system.
7 people found this helpful
on March 7, 2018
when Redenbacher failed to have quality from jar to jar, I searched for a replacement. I've only bought 1 container of SNAPPY, but it was a winner. I recently also tried Bob's Mill, but found SNAPPY better for my tastes. I use no oil or flavorings. only plain popcorn. Snappy has smaller kernels, and now prefer them as well as their flavor. This 4 lb jar lasts about 2 weeks for me, so I am anxious to see how consistent the quality will be. 2 new jars are arriving for me tomorrow as this jar is now empty. We shall see.
3 people found this helpful
on February 25, 2018
I use Snappy white popcorn kernels in my HOTPOT silicone air popper (available on Amazon), and it produces light and fluffy popcorn with no unpopped kernels and no burnt popcorn. Adding a little of Gold Medal's Flavacol seasoning (also available on Amazon) turns regular popcorn into movie theater tasting popcorn.
4 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2015
Don't pay any attention to the negative reviews. This popcorn is very good quality. This company was started in 1940 and is one of the biggest popcorn company's still in business. I've read some of the comments of people claiming they found"rocks" or "dirt" in their popcorn which seems a little suspicious to me considering how big the company is and how long they've been in business. Idk, maybe it was a fluke? All I know is that my jar was factory sealed in a clean container and it was all kernels. As far as the people claiming it isn't good tasting? Well, maybe they got a bad batch because mine tastes awesome. What I can tell you is this. It usually comes down to how you make it, and If you follow my directions below, you will be able to make some of the best tasting popcorn you've ever had in your entire life. There is a technique to making great tasting popcorn and unless you do it correctly, you will be disappointed with the results. First off, forget about using an air popper. It will likely turn out chewy. The best way to make it is on the stove the old fashioned way. Now, If you don't already own a Whirley-pop, then go buy one because they're dirt cheap (no pun intended) and the best. Until then, get yourself a decent medium or large sized pot with a lid. Secondly, buy a jar of organic coconut oil as it's by far the best oil you can use for making popcorn. It's not only healthier for you, but also gives the popcorn a much better taste. Thirdly, order from Amazon a box of Gold Medal Flavacol popcorn salt, and if you wish to make movie style popcorn you can also buy "Snappy butter burst oil." And lastly, if you choose not to use the butter burst, you can substitute it with some non-salted real butter ( butter burst is better though). Now, you ready for this? Okay, first take three level tbsp of coconut oil and place it in the pot and set heat to the medium setting. While waiting for your oil to heat up, take the partial stick of butter (or butter burst) and heat it in a mug in the microwave till it's melted or warm and set it aside. By now your oil should be fully heated so go ahead and throw in a couple of kernels and wait till they pop. Once they pop, pour in 1/2 cup of Snappy kernels along with one level 1/2 tsp of the Flavacol. Leave the lid off for now (the less steam the better) and slowly slide the pot back and forth on the stove so the kernels don't sit (very important) and once you see the kernels start popping, quickly place the lid on the pot and hold lid 1" ajar so the majority of the steam can easily vent (also very important). While holding lid, continue shifting the pot slowly from side to side the entire time until you hear the popping slow to about one or two pops every couple seconds and immediately pull it off the stove and pour the popcorn into your bowl, but only pour it to the halfway mark. Now take the melted butter (or butter burst) and drizzle half of it over the first half of your popcorn. After that, pour the rest of the popcorn into the bowl and pour the second half on top of it. If you like, you can always sprinkle a little Flavacol onto your popcorn and toss it, but be careful not to over salt it as it will more easily stick to buttered popcorn. Now sit back relax and enjoy some popcorn that's sure to raise some eyebrows.
14 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2015
We've popped the Snappy White Popcorn Kernels several times now and we LOVE it. We usually use the two most popular brands of prepackaged microwave popcorn and my family & I are constantly digging hulls of our teeth. It tastes GREAT to us!! I pop it in Coconut Oil which enhances the flavor quite a bit! There are some kernels left after popping but we don't care ONE BIT!!! LOL! Again, we usually pop the prepackaged brands so we can hardly believe how wonderful the Snappy brand is.

I also purchased an AWESOME Nordic-Ware Microwave Popcorn Popper (EASY TO USE / great instructions on You Tube), Coconut Oil (a MUST!!), Flavacol Popcorn Seasoning & the Great Northern - Movie Theater Buttery Topping (taste & smells like our theater's topping) to bundle together for a Christmas gift for my entire family and WE ARE IN HEAVEN (:

FYI: You can also pop the kernels in a brown paper lunch bag. Instructions can be found on You Tube.
4 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon September 21, 2014
This popcorn has a very good taste, but the kernels are pretty small and they don't pop well in my Cuisinart CPM-100 EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker, Red -- some of the popcorn burns after it pops -- the kernels cannot seem to get past the unpopped kernels.

Of course, I can put much less in the popper -- but that takes away the fun of having a full serving -- about two cups -- all at once. So, if a cup of popped popcorn suits your needs, good on you and you may like this popcorn.

Bigger kernels work much better - I use White Cat Corn for example -- all of it is blown out of the popper.

Purdue University's website gives you a bit of information about kernel size: "No industry standards have been developed for kernel size determinations; but a commonly used measure is based on number of kernels in 10 grams and defines kernel size as follows: 52-67 = large, 68-75 = medium and 76-105 small." I just eyeball the kernels but for the scientifically minded ...

So, my recommendation: try this popcorn because the taste is good if not burned and lots of people like it. But, be aware, bigger kernels will more easily be blown out of air poppers, and you may be happier with them.

I sure am.

Robert C. Ross
September 2014
2 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 7, 2015
Most delicious popcorn we ever had- very fresh. I highly recommend it , but note this: Despite the fact the Presto Air popper and this corn was tied together by Amazon sales, once I used the popper, I learned these particular kernels are smaller than the popper instructions recommend. Therefore they fly out of the chute u-npopped. We did try them in the popper and they did "come out exceptionally superb" and fabulously fresh and delicious. The problem appeared to be that, the kernels were so small that at the first 1/3 of the popping process, the kernels were being spewed out un popped of the air popper shoot. In fact the Presto popper directions warned against using small pop kernels. That all said, what we ended up with , after the initial spewing all over the kitchen of too small un-popped kernels, was a great batch of popped kernels which were very, very perfectly fresh and delicious. I highly recommend this product, but it may be better used in a popper other than the Presto air popper.LOVED THIS POPCORN. FESH AND DELICIOUS!
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.