YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon $50 off select BOB single strollers

Color: White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,191 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,237 reviews
on December 4, 2011
We only like WHITE popcorn, and the only grocery store option where we live is Jolly Time, which is not bad. For fun, we started ordering various white popcorns online, and THIS is BY FAR the VERY BEST white popcorn!! Wish it were a little less expensive, but we've decided that it really is THAT much better than others. We are now Snappy white popcorn snobs! :)
33 comments| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2014
I will freely admit that I am a popcorn fiend. I consume at least two pounds of popcorn a month, and I am on a perpetual quest to find the perfect popcorn. I have tried many of the brands of popcorn for sale on Amazon.com as well as whatever is on the shelves at my local grocery store. I have even grown my own popcorn--that's how serious I am about my corn habit!

Snappy white popcorn is the best popcorn that I have tried. It pops up bright white and very tender. Although the kernels are small, they are delicious and have lots of nooks and crannies to hold toppings. I pop it in an air popper, and there are only a few unpopped kernels in each batch that I make.

Granted, this popcorn pop up much smaller in size than movie theater corn, so if you are looking for bigger kernels, consider trying another brand. FYI, Great Northern's Gourmet Popping Corn is a good bet for big, yellow movie theater type corn, although it is much tougher than this Snappy corn is. Also, if you are looking for corn to make caramel corn or other heavily topped corn with, Snappy white pop corn may not be the best choice because it is small and doesn't have the tough structure that some of the other brands of corn do.

In any case, if you don't mind small kernels and like a more tender popcorn, it will be hard to go wrong with Snappy White Popcorn. I highly recommend it.
on December 17, 2011
Snappy White Popcorn is excellent. It pops up nicely, and has a great texture. It is extremely fresh. As for taste it is 100 times better than the store brands. (IMO) Give it a try.
on July 13, 2012
Snappy's White Popcorn is perfect. It's hulless, tiny, tender and crunchy when popped, and it always pops. We keep it in the freezer so it's always fresh, and more importantly, ALWAYS HERE when we want some. As midwesterners, we know corn, okay? And this is the best!
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
Quality control is bad... as in pieces of garbage in with corn. Ugh! Do not like this at all. We tried Bob's Red Mill white popcorn and that is SO much better and cleaner, plus it pops up fluffier and has a fresher taste. It may be a little more than Snappy, but you get what you pay for.
review image review image
on August 11, 2014
The flavor of this popcorn did not impress me. Going back to Jiffy Time popcorn, which seems to me to pop up bigger and taste a LOT better.

EDIT, I've gone back through these reviews and feel that most of them are faked reviews. Too many products here on Amazon have false reviews, and this is one of them. For every negative review that shows up, it's followed quickly by identically posted positive reviews with short statements that really don't do much for the product. In other words, manufactured fake reviews.
on September 26, 2012
I purchased a hot air popcorn popper because my kids love popcorn, and it's a healthy snack.

I 'accidentally' ordered the white popcorn, having no idea what I was doing, and I have to say that no other popcorn compares. We went through the entire container. When I re-ordered, I decided to try the regular yellow popcorn, and it just wasn't the same. If I could describe the difference, I would say that yellow popcorn tastes 'stale' in comparison. The white popcorn tastes crisper and more fresh.

As for the flavor, well, we use Kernel Seasons seasoning generously, so we don't taste much more than the cheddar cheese :)

I'm considering giving the rest of this yellow popcorn tub away so I have an excuse to buy another tub of the white popcorn.

For how we eat it, this popcorn is absolutely the best!

NOTE: I also recommend the Misto oil spray. We use this and Kernel seasons as a healthy alternative to butter.
44 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2011
Although the kernels may not be as large and fluffy when popped, we really enjoyed our first pop. Has a great flavor and consistency.
We recommend using a hot air popper over a microwave. We had very few no-pops.
on March 21, 2014
I asked if there were many hulls in the question and answer section. A response said there were no hulls. Of course I know there may be a few if it says none. My jar had many hulls with every bite. Hulls get embedded in the gums and teeth. Even with brushing immediately after eating popcorn with lots of hulls, you may not get them all off your gums and teeth which can cause problems.

I love white popcorn. This seemed to have an after taste which I hated. I considered this the worse tasting popcorn I've ever had.
on February 21, 2014
When the box arrived there were several kernels on the floor due to a small opening in the box. When I opened the box I found that the lid was busted in half and the paper seal wasn't sealed to the container so over 50% of the kernels were just floating around in the box.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.