Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 262 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 299 reviews
on January 6, 2011
I am a professional artist and so have been asked countless times to do face painting at various events. Of course, I always say YES, and then have to wonder about what kind of paint they'll have. After using so many different kinds, this is the ONLY brand/type of face paint I would recommend for using with children. It dries nicely and is water-soluble so it doesn't smear like many of the grease based paints. This paint is much easier to use for any amount of detail as one layer can be painted over another. It dries fast and doesn't require a powder coat to 'set' the colors. It is pretty sweat resistant. I use a sponge applicator to put on large areas, and regular cheap paintbrushes for smaller areas. From a hygienic standpoint, I feel that using brushes that you can rinse between kids/colors probably reduces the spread of sweat/crud/questionables over the use of paint sticks. This paint comes off very easily with regular soap and water, or you can use a little baby lotion and a cotton square. I bought this set along with another larger set and I take them with me when asked to paint faces, partly because I really like the paint, and partly because the greasy stuff they usually have makes my painting look crappy :) These are also fun for kids to use to paint each other's faces with minimal mess.
on January 4, 2013
We bought this because it had many different colors to do a dios de los muertos mask for halloween and I just didn't want to travel the 30 miles to the closest store that carried facepaint. We have used, and loved, the Wolfe brand face paints in the past but all the kits on Amazon were more than I wanted to pay. I should have known that my laziness and cheapness would come back to bite me in the butt.

When the kit arrived, two of the colors were missing, the red and the black. Grrr, black was one we needed, but I thought I would use my expensive eyeliner instead. That is, until we started using the colors in the kit. They are not very opaque, had a tendancy to go on streaky,and the colors in the pan became oddly mushy and gel-like from getting damp with the water from the makeup brush I was using. There was no water pooling or sitting on the colors, and you are supposed to use water to apply them, so I am not sure why they got weird. We tried several times to get these to work with no luck. There was no use for it, I was going to have to make a trip. Sigh.

In the end, I drove to the store and bought a Wolfe face paint kit. Which, by the way, was not missing any of the colors that were supposed to be there. Lesson learned.
on January 5, 2015
I am a big fan of these face paints, however when I received this Palette kit I wasn't impressed with the quality. These paints were in smaller units than what I am used to, which made them look a little cheaper than the thick single units I usually order.
I'm sure they will perform the same, and for the price this is a good way to sample many different colors. This would be a good kit for someone to buy who has not used these paints before so they can get a feel for the paints before ordering larger quantities.
on October 5, 2010
I recently used this product for face painting at a carnival. This is a high quality set of face paints (as far as non-professional makeup goes). Many competing kits are too runny, making it difficult to layer paint for more complicated designs. I'm planning to use this brand again for the carnival next year. According to Snazaroo, this kit paints up to 50 faces, but I think this kit can realistically do 25-30 full child faces. This kit includes the following colors: white, black, red, yellow, green, blue, pink and purple.

PROS:
- Lightweight, fast-drying application
- Easy to layer paints to add dimension and details
- Doesn't smudge
- Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- Washes off of skin with water if removed within 2-3 hours; washes off easily with hand soap after that
- Washes out of clothing easily
- Gallery book comes with pictures and step-by-step painting guides
- Comes with sponges and brushes for application variety

CONS:
- Kit has a limited set of colors (buy two complementary sets to have a full range of colors -- the blue party pack makes a good complement)
- Lacks small, fine brushes for "detail" application
on July 13, 2015
I was a professional clown when I was 17-18 and used Snazaroo brand facepaints. Now that I have a 1 and 2 year old, I picked these up for around the house fun. If you take the time to experiment with the mixing of these paints, you can really achieve a broad range of results. They can dry quickly, be dark or thin like watercolors (depending on water added), etc. Add water and work lightly off the top or really mix it in and get a stronger paste like an acrylic paint. The product is dry when not in use. I love that I can use them to very quickly turn my toddler's face into a cat before her 5 second sit-still limit is reached. The results delight her for an entire day. She has taken to bringing me the paints when she wants to be painted. It's cheap, quick, easy fun for us so I give it 5 stars.

Also, both of my kids have severe eczema and this paint has never caused even the slightest bit of a problem.
on April 9, 2013
I have to give this a low rating for the benefit of the people reading this review. DO NOT buy this kit online! I read a review that warned people about missing colors, but I went ahead and bought this product hoping I would be one of the lucky ones. It looks like these kits have missing face-painting colors, even when store bought. Which is why i STRONGLY URGE you to go to the store and pick up one of these kits, you can see if you're getting what you paid for! When I received mine, all the colors were shaken out of the holders and jumbled EVERYWHERE. It look like it's been used (It probably hasn't, it's just the mess that was made while being shipped.) and it's missing white, which is one of the colors I bought it for to make mini multi-colored cakes. So anyway, save your money. I'm sure it's alright if you don't face-paint professionally, but if you are a professional get the 18ml cakes. I've never received any of those broken or falling out. The Snazaroo product ITSELF is great. But I'm telling you.. I trusted that I'd be lucky, and I turned up with missing colors and broken cakes.
on February 7, 2015
I needed good quality non toxic face paint for my daughter for Halloween. She was a witch and we did her face varying depths of green with purple eye shadow(paint), black pointy eyebrows, and dark maroon lips. My neighbors has no clue it was even her when she walked out the door, I take credit for that with my artistic skills,
But really I owe a lot to this face paint. It is so smooth and easy to use. It had just the right amount of colors so that I could blend and create new shades. It stayed put for hours (except around the lips and mouth, which is to be expected with a 5 yr old munching candy). It washed off very easy as well. I felt good knowing I wasn't putting that cheap toxic garbage face paint from the halloween stores on my child's body. I had originally tried to get the brands that the "professional" face painters use, but they were too expensive. This brand I am happy to say was a great alternative at a great price with great quality. I can't wait until next halloween to do it again!
on December 19, 2014
Easy to apply and wash off, but wears long and doesn't smear like other grease or cream paints. I liked the applicator brush for detail work and the sponge it comes with works to apply larger areas of the skin. Keep some water handy to dip your brush and moisten the sponge.
review image
on June 9, 2015
I am an artist but had never face painted before. Our church got some sets that were not Snazaroo. I took one home to experiment with...they were awful. The water wouldn't penetrate the paint, almost like it was plastic. I hurriedly checked on line and after reading the reviews decided on Snazaroo and they are very good.... bright creamy colors. I intend to purchase some more colors for different effects. The brush was good quality and also the sponge. They arrived in 4 days, just in time for our party. A good experience all the way around Another gal came with her own paints and they were Snazaroo. She said they were her favorite and she had a lot more experience with face painting than I did.
on August 22, 2014
These were GREAT quality. the colors are vivid and go on so smooth. They last FOREVER and don't smudge or stain faces. These were exactly what we were hoping for and I would recommend them to anyone looking to face paint. The price on here is over 50% cheaper than I found in Wal-Mart or any other local retailer like Michael's. These were a HUGE hit with the kids and adults. It includes a book of step by step for some basic designs.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.