About the Product
- You can download your game or software order an unlimited number of times for personal use.
- Please check the system requirements to verify this game works with your computer and/or operating system before purchase.
- You can also shop for digital games on your mobile device.
From the Manufacturer
In the dark days of the end of World War Two amidst the ruins of Berlin, one bullet can change history...
Sniper Elite V2 is the eagerly-awaited sequel to the highly-acclaimed Sniper Elite, giving gamers the most authentic World War II sniping experience available. You are elite US sniper Karl Fairburne. Parachuted into Berlin amidst the Germans' final stand, your mission is to prevent Nazi V2 rocket program technology from falling into the hands of the besieging Red Army. You must aid key scientists keen to defect to the US, and terminate those who would help the Russians.
Take advantage of authentic weaponry, learn how to stalk your targets, fortify your position, set up the shot and use your skill, patience and cunning to achieve your mission. Stealth gameplay is the key as you find yourself trapped between two desperate armies in a race against time. Watch as the celebrated 'bullet cam' from Sniper Elite returns, bloodier and more gruesome than ever - skilful shots are rewarded with a slow-motion flight of the bullet, then targets are graphically rendered in X-Ray as the bullet enters and destroys your victim. Organs shred, bones splinter, teeth shatter, as the true impact of the sniper's bullet is brought to life.
As World War Two ends and the Cold War begins, every shot counts. Use them wisely.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) I greatly prefer third-person shooters to FPS.
2) I love to snipe regardless of the game (Splinter Cell, Mass Effect, etc.).
3) I'd rather have more gameplay than insanely good graphics (but having both is a plus).
Now that you know a little about me, you will perhaps understand when I say that I really like this game. I was surprised by how much I liked it. To me it was very reminiscent of Splinter Cell Conviction with slightly down-graded graphics and body mechanics. However, this game offers more gameplay than Conviction (by at least a third).
Here are some pluses:
1) The bullet ballistics are great and it can often be fun to try and snipe people using just the scope marks to gauge your aim.
2) There is a great mix of close combat and distance sniping. I thought the game would be a lot more about laying far away from your target and making calculated shots, but you really have to traverse a lot of ground, choosing different weapons to suit your needs.
3) The game offers a great mix of weapons and just enough ammo so that you don't go crazy with the trigger, but you don't run out either.
4) Side items like grenades and trip mines add a nice element to he game. They aren't incredibly useful, but they are still fun to play with and once or twice in the game are almost critical.
If I had complaints about the game they would be this:
1) It's a shame you can't interact with your environment more. It's great that you can shoot at bottles placed throughout the game, but you should be able to shoot out lights, windows, and other breakable objects that appear in the game.
2) Speaking of the inability to shoot out lights, shadows mean nothing in this game and that is unfortunate.Read more ›
Be warned though, if you want fast action such as CoD or BF3 you will be disappointed. It's a sniper game so there is alot of camping and waiting for that perfect shot, but to me that adds to the stress level of not being seen yourself.
The Bad: Dumb AI, poor stealth mechanics, drab level design, frustrating shootouts, boring everything else
Sniper Elite: V2 doesn't stand for version 2 as some people may think. This is about trying to stop the Germans from using V2 rockets in World War II. After seeing those three words you probably left this review already. Another WWII game? V2 has a lot of potential, but is lacking in many areas due to the developers laziness in design. The story is nothing special with the only satisfying thing being sniper shots.
The game is all about stealth, but right away you will notice this is broken. The enemies are laid out in a poor manner in which it is hard to figure out how to take everyone out without raising an alert. If you do so you have to fight it out with limited ammo from your other weapons and you die very quickly. Using the sniper rifles is just fine with an ability to hold your breath to steady your aim. Slowly a red diamond will focus on a part of an enemy and that is where your bullet will land. Once you fire the game uses a bullet camera and some times you will see an X-Ray shot of the bullet penetrating the targets organs (the nut shot is awesome!) You will see the skull shatter, organs burst, and eyes explode. This is the most satisfying use of a sniper rifle in any shooter. The problem is, the fun stops there.
Of course sniper rifles back then really didn't have silencers so once you make the shot everyone knows you're there. Some levels have loud noises you can mask the shot in, but this can be difficult.Read more ›
-Great graphics and Sound
-Kill cam is fun to watch
-Game gets boring after the first few levels, so taking a break for a few days makes it fun again.
-Although the kill cam is cool to see it gets old after the 50th kill but you do have the option to turn it off.
-Game is very linear which isn't always a bad thing but in this case it makes the game a bit boring.
-Enemy AI is a bit off. What I mean is you can be 10 feet from the enemy and they forget where you are but if you are a few hundred feet away they immediately know where you are and can have surprisingly effective suppressive fire against you at far off distances.
Over all I don't regret buying the game because it was a great price. It's fun as long as you take breaks in between the game making a little less repetitive. I would recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Shooting s*** and making blood splatter, what's not to like?Published 7 months ago by Mr.Coprophilia
Don't buy ...sniper elite v2........terrible support via Steam..took 2 weeks before I could playing at all......don't spend money.....short gamePublished 19 months ago by M. Teixeira