Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Platform: PC|Change

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on April 17, 2013
First, it is rare to find an only-sniper FPS video game. There is, however, one game that take place during World War II. But not one during the modern times. I have not finished it yet. But from what I have played thus far is very good. It is more strategy and calculating than just shooting-as-many-enemies-as-possible scenarios. At times you will get frustrated because the further you are away from the enemy, the more you have to calculate wind speed, wind direction, humidity, and lead time. That is probably where the fun is is the calculating and executiion. Most gamers may not like games where you have to figure out where your enemy will end up before taking the shot. If you like shooting killing your opponent from a distance, then this game is for you. The environment is good where the trees, water, and environments have a realistic effect.
on June 16, 2013
I will state up front that I did not bother with the multiplayer since I read that it was a glitch mess. I did play the single player campaign so I will talk about that.

As the name implies: the game revolves around sniping. You line up shots, account for wind and drop, and try to remain hidden while picking off groups of enemies.

The campaign lasts a respectable 10-12 hours and has a decent narrative to it.

Ghost Warrior 2 has good production values for a budge game. The graphics are nice with detailed villages, and lush jungles. Guns sounds have some heft to them. Controls are smooth. Bullet physics are believable.

The campaign is pretty enjoyable while it lasts.
on April 8, 2013
I read some early reviews of this game that were not terribly favorable. I think some folks have lost sight of what to expect from a computer game.

Like most games I've played, you learn as you go that stepping across some unseen line will activate the antagonists in the storyline in each scenario. Sometimes firing your fist round is that step. I played the game on "beginner," and managed to get through the entire storyline in a couple days of playing without too much restarting of levels.

That is one of the things I want in a game - on the easy setting, I want to be able to get through it without too much difficulty just to see how I like the game. The controls are decent, the on-screen information is decent, the bullet ballistics and shooting are all decent. It actually does make a difference, in terms of being seen, if you walk, crouch, or crawl; if you stick to shadows or crawl into the light; if you go fast or slow. I thought they did a good job of making it a "sniper" game.

The multiplayer kicks me from the sessions a lot (don't know why), and the multi-player gameplay can be a little boring, but it is awesome when you scope and snipe an unsuspecting player. Bearing in mind this did not cost $60 like COD Black Ops, etc., I think it's worth trying out.
on April 22, 2017
Would not work on windows 10.
on May 9, 2013
I have given this product five stars but I should be giving it only one star. Why you ask??? Because since I have received the game it has not worked properly from day one. I have tried to find out through the customer service route but of the three times I have tried I still have no answer from them.....either their is a 'bug' in the program or some crazy 'loop' causing the crash. Maybe, just maybe this will get back to the right people who could fix this....what ever it is. JOHN I still enjoy 'Sniper, Ghost Warrior'
If some one finds the problem please let me know. tks.
on April 7, 2013
just yet anyways because it's really buggy. The HUD disappears right off the bat and the avatar gets stuck and can't move. A large number of people are experiencing this and worse problems according to the Steam community board.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 is fun though. I've no complaints about it for the price and especially since I received SGW1 with it for free from Amazon.I might even give it 4.5 stars, I like it. BTW, PC version with Windows 8.

May 2, 2013 update. The DLC is fixed. Great sniper game. 4.5 stars on expert level for sure.
on May 26, 2013
I liked Sniper 1 and was anticipating Sniper 2 - It has great sniper feel and the missions are fun. But even on easy level if you don't do everythng precisely the way the designer specifies you DIE - it is almost impossible to deviate from their game path and not get killed. Some missions this is not a problem but sometimes it can be very frustrating and time consuming doing the same thing over and over. I agree with another review that if your going to have different levels then on the easy level let's make it EASIER? I do love Sniper games and this is worth the money even though it has this major design flaw.
on May 23, 2013
The graphics and new maps are the only this things good about it. The game play is dumb down for this version. Gone are grenades. The target map is reduced to only when an opponent fires. That's acceptable. What is uneaceptable is the number of hackers with no reporting options by players or kicking by host. Obviouse hacking by persons not even attempting hide the fact they've hacked have told us they see everyone all the time. Game play is ruined. Low partisapation. Hackers paradice.
on March 19, 2013
I received the game for PC, note: it is a GPU intensive game. If you do not have proper cooling it will overheat in 5 mins. Also, it says 512mb video card......no. i recommend at least a 2gb card. even on low settings my ASUS HD7770 cannot handle it alone. Kinda getting mad at that. Now i have to buy a better graphics card or crossfire. In my opinion cryengine 3 needs to be able to run on smaller graphics cards. I'll edit the review after i am actually able to play more then 5 mins of it
on July 3, 2013
If you are into FPS sniper games, this will suffice. I feel that it has some small errors which could be corrected, especially concerning the available sniper weapons currently available to military personnel. The missions were well planned but sometimes the game dragged on, meaning slowed down, computer-like. The bad guys looked and acted like bad guys and some enemy movements were done too quickly to even give you time to strike. More realistic movement for yourself as well as the enemy would certainly improve the game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.