Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sno Seal - 7 oz
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on April 24, 2012
I've now used this on multiple pairs of shoes - a few Mephisto's and some Dr. Marten's - and the results are wonderful. However, as others have noted, it will darken the color of brown leather, so be careful.

Here's how I use it:

- Prop up the pair of shoes in front of a small space heater
- Turn the space heater on high, and wait about 15 mins to heat up the shoes
- Wearing a disposable latex glove, scoop out a bit of the wax
- Rub the wax onto the warm shoes, it should melt on contact.
- Repeat for the other shoe, and throw the glove away.
on October 8, 2011
I used this on my 2500 dollar Louis Vuitton (talk about a leap of faith) and it's excellent, the leather was a tiny bit dried out afterwards but a bit of apple leather care did the trick for that.
on April 12, 2012
I purchased a pair of LL Bean boots at the beginning of winter and was shopping for a water-proofing agent to ensure they lived up to their reputation. After searching the 'net the general consensus from die-hard hikers was Sno-Seal. It is easy to apply (pre-heated the boots at low temp in the oven) and, best of all, very effective in keeping the interior of the boot dry. One container goes a long way and should last a lifetime of annual applications.

Two thumbs up!
on November 13, 2012
I recently purchased some Danner boots on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Danner-Mens-Shibuya-Boot-Black/dp/B007SPHM1U). One walk in the grass told me what needed to happen: time to "waterproof" my boots.

Sno-Seal is the go-to product for this type thing and after using it I can tell why... it just works well. Beeswax "waterproofing" makes boots water resistant but still breathable and flexible. This 7-oz can is plenty for the lifetime of a boot (I probably will seal these twice during the wet season).

Sno-Seal will not make a boot water impenetrable, but you don't want that with leather. Beeswax keeps water out really well, but still allows the leather to breathe. As long as you aren't standing in a puddle for too long you're gonna stay dry.

As other reviewers note, this will make your boots a shade darker. Spot test it if you are worried.

For a How-To on waterproofing your boots with Sno-Seal, head to their website: [...]
on December 19, 2013
My dad is a mechanic and religiously uses this product on his work boots. I bought a can for my husband's new leather boots, and it is amazing for snowy, wet, Ohio weather. The sprays are easy, but never quite seem to work.

Here are some simple steps for Sno-Seal application:

1. Start by heating your oven to ~120F.
2. Once it reaches temperature, turn the oven off.
3. Wait about 5-10 minutes for the heating elements to cool a little, and then put your boots (no laces) into the oven.
4. Leave the boots in the oven for about 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minute incubation, remove the boots from the oven.
6. Using an old t-shirt or under shirt, apply Sno-Seal to the leather surface of the boots. (I applied quite liberally to 2 pairs of boots, and still have about 95% of the can left).
7. Let your boots sit at room temperature, or put them back in the extinguished oven for ~10 minutes to allow the wax to soak into the leather.
8. Using a clean, dry part of the under shirt, wipe off any excess wax.
9. Let the boots sit overnight before wearing.
10. For best results, repeat this process on clean, dry boots at least once a year.
on January 9, 2014
I work outside everyday and have tried all kinds of water proof boots and applications. This stuff is so simple but amazing. Before I applied sno-seal my feet would be soaked. I even purchased one of those boot dryers. I gave up on these boots because of the leaking. After I applied sno-seal I didn't give it much thought until I took my boots off and realized my pant legs were so soaked I could ring the water out of them. I went to check my boots and they were bone dry. Not even a little damp. This stuff is a game changer. I really don't need to look for a pair of water proof boots. I can make any good pair of boots into the best water proof boots. Today I was working in 2.5 feet of slushy freezing snow (in Chicago). I worked for 7 hours straight and again my pants were soaking wet. My boots were dry inside out. It does darken the color of the leather. Try it on a pair of old work boots you were thinking of throwing out because they don't keep your feet dry. You will be amazed and happy you don't need to go out and buy new boots.
on September 20, 2013
Sno seal has endured the test of time; for many years it has made people smile and for many years it will continue to do so. when i bought it, I wanted to waterproof a pair of Corcoran military combat boots and they turned out perfectly. My first girlfriend, from back in high school, gave me a Nautica lambskin leather jacket which I have nostalgic value for. The jacket was scuffed and dried in a number of places when I went to look at it recently, so I applied some sno-seal and it looks the same it did as the day she bought it for me.

words cannot express how happy I am to have this jacket back to what it used to be - thank you so much sno-seal. you have my business and a nod for letting me keep me memories safe. Carry on!!
on February 11, 2012
The product does exactly as it promises, and certainly exceeded my expectations. I have applied this can of Sno-Seal to a pair of brown knee-high boots and a pair of black ankle-high boots. I am quite happy with the results. Plus, I still have so much of it left! I could probably keep this can for years.

My brown boots barely had a finish on them. I applied once after heating with a hair dryer, and after drying applied another coat to get all the spots and cracks I might have missed. It did darken the leather, but it's made them last much longer than if I hadn't applied Sno-Seal! The black boots had a decent waterproof finish on them when I bought them, but after walking through various Rochester snow puddles and salty roads, it started to wear down at the toe. I applied Sno-Seal on top of the regular finish and they absorbed a surprising amount. These boots will last so much longer in the snow. I'm not worried at all about ruining the leather now, except if the snow gets inside my shoe...
on September 8, 2013
Check out my video review. I demonstrate the Sno-Seal and discuss my experiences with the product!

For more gear reviews find me on YouTube: [...]
on February 25, 2012
I was introduced to sno-seal during my freshman year in college in Vermont. We used to sno-seal our doc martens so when we got them completely covered with snow, our feed didn't get wet, and the leather lasted (looked new) longer. I'm so glad I could find this on amazon. It works just as well as it did 15 years ago!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.