Snow Like Ashes Quiz
If your personality was matched to a season, which would you be?
1) You worked on a group project at school, and your team is given an award for exceptional work! How do you respond?
- a. Enthusiastically—I earned this reward!
- b. Suspiciously—not every group member deserves it as much as I do.
- c. With a small smile—I know I did well, and that’s enough for me.
- d. PARTY!
2) What is your favorite color?
- a. Blue.
- b. Green.
- c. Gold.
- d. Red.
3) A great evil has desecrated your kingdom, enslaving most of the population and leaving the rest as homeless refugees. What do you do?
- a. Fight back no matter the cost—that is my home, and no one will take it from me.
- b. Psh. There is no evil greater than me.
- c. Form an alliance with a stronger kingdom, then slowly fight back over years.
- d. Invite the enemy to party.
4) If you could have any magical object, what would it be
- a. A locket.
- b. A staff.
- c. A ring.
- d. A cuff.
5) You would describe your personality as:
- a. Quiet.
- b. Careful and compassionate.
- c. Easygoing. Some days I’m loud and outgoing, other days I need a break to chill out.
- d. Vivacious.
6) You’ve always wanted a pet, but your parents have strictly vetoed that plan. If you could have any animal in the world, what would you choose?
- a. An exotic bird.
- b. A cat.
- c. A lizard.
- d. A dog.
7) It is time to audition for the school play. You’ll be trying out for the part of:
- a. The villain.
- b. Trying out? No thank you. You prefer to be behind-the-scenes.
- c. Supporting actor.
- d. The lead, of course!
8) Your favorite piece of clothing is your:
- a. Fuzzy beanie.
- b. Sundress.
- c. Plaid flannel shirt.
- d. Flip-flops.
Mostly A’s: Winter
Winter is unassuming, gentle, yet can easily turn deadly and wicked if not respected. The most admirable trait of all Winterians is endurance—their conduit gave them the ability to dive deep beneath the earth, and magic makes them capable of surviving in the unrelenting chill of eternal cold. Winterians are, above all, survivors.
Mostly B’s: Spring
When asked what they think of when they hear the word Spring, any other citizens of Primoria would say “control.” Spring’s conduit has been used for centuries to enforce utter domination and demand loyalty of all its citizens. But through this dictatorship-like state, Spring has still retained its natural beauty—it is undeniably vivacious and remains a symbol of life.
Mostly C’s: Autumn
Autumn is by far the mostunderestimated Season—but through that, Autumnians have managed to absorb every blow cast their way and rise not only whole, but stronger. They are the adaptable Season, the Season of change, as well as the Season of silent, steady growth. Humble and infallible, sure and gentle, Autumn may be passed over by most of Primoria, but they let this lack of recognition provide them with time to heal and mature.
Mostly D’s: Summer
Summer has one talent that no other kingdom in Primoria possesses: the ability to have fun. Their conduit has been used to encourage utter bliss in every citizen, blanketing Summer with a reputation of parties, music, laughter, and endless enjoyment. With this unmatched ability to love life, though, comes a lack of responsibility. But no Summerian worries about this—not when there’s wine to drink!
“The plot and writing are superlative...Highly recommended.” (School Library Journal)
“A satisfying read.” (Kirkus Reviews)
“An enjoyable adventure-romance.” (Publishers Weekly)
“A new society, a grand adventure, and a first romance, all rolled into one big fantasy epic.” (Booklist)