Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 386 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 522 reviews
This is a song that you read. In my family, we put it to music that we made up ourselves. Our 2 year old LOVES this book and requests it by name. She love the adorable pictures, too.

The words are so cute. Here's the first part:

"Now I have a thing to tell you and it won't take long. The way I feel about you is kind of a song. It starts with an "Oooooh" and it ends with a kiss. And all along the middle goes something like this. Ooooooh snuggle puppy of mine. Everything about you is especially fine. I love what you are. I love what you do. Fuzzy little snuggle puppy, I love you."

There's more. That's just the first couple of pages (from memory) so please excuse me if some of the words are wrong :)

I just had another baby and I can't wait until she's old enough so that I can share this book with her as well. Get it. You won't regret you did.
on December 18, 2014
Bought this book and 3 other Sandra Boynton books (Are you A Cow?, Hippos Go Berserk, and Doggies) for Christmas gifts for my best friend's 2-year old and my boyfriend's niece who is almost a year old. I think they will be perfect for mom and dad to read to them, and the girls to begin to learn to read as they grow! They are board books-- thick and good quality, that will be easy for tiny hands to hold... or put in their mouth... or whatever... haha. This book is so sweet, and a perfect bedtime read for parents and kids. I almost cried while I was reading through it. I am a dog person, and so are the parents of the girls I got the books for, so I think it will be absolutely wonderful for them, and hopefully create some sweet memories. :)
on May 8, 2017
This is a great book. I received it when my daughter was small. It was one of her favorites. When my niece got pregnant, she wanted to get a copy for her. So it is one that keeps on giving.
on May 1, 2017
My kids love Sandra Boynton books. Great for young kids. My kids are 18months, 3yr, and 6yr. They all love her books.
on November 20, 2016
such a sweet book. also great for language development (as all boynton books seem to be!). talks about having a beginning, middle, and end. my toddlers love it.
on April 25, 2017
Sandra Boynton is one of my absolutely favorites! Loving children's book with precious drawings.
on March 17, 2017
I hate when books make you try to sing words without knowing a melody, but the kids love this book.
on July 12, 2017
An essential book for your little munchkins. We made up a song only to realize later there is actually a song written from the author, LOL. I like ours better! Our daughter loves this book.
on May 31, 2016
My little one doesn't love all Boyton books, but this one is a real winner! All I have to do is start singing this song and I get a huge smile! I enjoy reading this one as much as he loves to hear it. I bought it for Valentine's Day and it has been a huge hit ever since. We read this one all the time and I would highly recommend it. It has cute pictures and the song totally gets stuck in my head (for better or worse, at least it's a cute song). I checked out the song on youtube before buying the book and you may want to do the same, just to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into :)
on March 11, 2012
I gave this to my 2 year old son for St. Valentine's Day and Mommy and I read it to him before bed that night. Mommy snuggled with him and kissed him a lot so it was a hit on day 1. After that, my son has chosen it for story time maybe once per week (1 out of ~20 nap/night time stories).

It is not my son's favorite but it was not instantly rejected like some other books. Mommy enjoys it too so it was a win/win for me.

5/5 stars because my son and my wife both enjoy it.