Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Snuggle Puppy! (Boynton on Board)
Format: Board book|Change

If you don't have Snuggle Puppy in your home library, you and your little one are really missing out. The tune is simple, it will be memorized in no time and what a sweet little song to sing to your little one, and for them to sing with you! If I had to pick a favorite Boynton on Board, Snuggle Puppy would win, no doubt about it. Just a bit of it :

It starts with an OOO and it ends with a KISS ❤️ and all along the middle it goes something like this- It goes: OOO! Snuggle Puppy Of Mine Everything About You Is Especially Fine!

Throughout the puppy is being snuggled, danced and kissed! This book can be read by anyone who is in a loving relationship with your little one. I only wish I'd gotten this when my little granddaughter was even younger. It would be a wonderful first book that is read/sung from the time your baby is weeks or a few months old. This book would be a wonderful shower gift to either the new parents or the grandparents. Don't think you have to be able to sing to share this book either, I've never been able to carry a tune in a bucket and that hasn't changed! My own children, as young babies would cover my mouth when I tried to sing lullabies! It's just the way the words in this book flow that make it sound like a song. My granddaughter really responds to Snuggle Puppy, it can even calm her when she is crying because she's two.
Top Contributor: Babyon August 18, 2017
Truthfully, I bought this book because I thought it was adorable with parent dog hugging its puppy. Unfortunately, my son wasn't all that into it at first... despite him loving dogs. He is more jnterested in Sandra Boynton's other books like Barn Yard Dance or The Going to Bed Book. I finally got him to show more interest in it once I pulled up a YouTube video where they sing this as a song instead. Then, he had me repeat the song over and over again while reading along on the book.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2016
My little one doesn't love all Boyton books, but this one is a real winner! All I have to do is start singing this song and I get a huge smile! I enjoy reading this one as much as he loves to hear it. I bought it for Valentine's Day and it has been a huge hit ever since. We read this one all the time and I would highly recommend it. It has cute pictures and the song totally gets stuck in my head (for better or worse, at least it's a cute song). I checked out the song on youtube before buying the book and you may want to do the same, just to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into :)
4 people found this helpful
on March 6, 2018
We are a family that loves the Boynton books. Snuggle Puppy is another great addition to our collection! It's cute, a very easy read, quick, and rhymes. All the things that keep my toddler engaged and make him want to read it over and over. And mommy doesn't mind because it's a cute book! Who wouldn't want to tell your little one how much they love them over and over?

And for those of you worried that you have to "sing" this book, not the case. It's written as a speaking verse, but hey, if you want to sing a tune, you should (I do!) Overall great message of love and a very uplifting book for toddlers.
on December 21, 2015
I work in an early literacy program and we have multiple books of her's that the kids just adore. So, of course when Christmas came around I knew what my 1 1/2 year old nephew would be getting from Aunt Maya. This song book is so precious. I love that you're able to either make up your own song, learn the actual song, or play the YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cht5g_Uw0_Q)! I have yet to meet a child who was not absolutely in love with this bright book! One of my favorite parts of this book is that the words are bright and colorful so children are drawn to them as much as any other picture! I cannot recommend this book enough!
on May 14, 2015
Great book - my daughter is almost 2, and this was in our bedtime book cycle for a while.

I like that it can be read as a song, but each person that reads it can chose their own cadence/tone for the song. That is what makes book songs so unique, it is open to the reader how they want to interpret.

My daughter enjoyed us reading and singing this to her. Many nights I didn't even use the book, I just rocked her and sang it. As a daddy, I loved this.

Highly recommend!
on May 1, 2017
My kids love Sandra Boynton books. Great for young kids. My kids are 18months, 3yr, and 6yr. They all love her books.
2 people found this helpful
on June 21, 2010
We have many Boynton books, but the only other one that has been quite a hit with my daughter is Moo Baa La La La. That one has been her favorite since she was 5 months old (she is 17 months). The other Boynton books we got she never really attached to. After reading the reviews on here I decided to try Snuggly Puppy and I am SO glad I did. It is our new go-to for bedtime. he poem is like a song and it's easy to sing the words. The pictures are very simple, but the words are colorful and fun. When there is the part where the book encourages you to shout/be loud, I snuggle up to my daughter and we sort of dance in the chair to that part and she giggles. When it says kiss, she now makes a kissing song. It's great to have a fun book that is great to read, great to look at, interactive and encourages you and your child to be affectionate. Best of all, it's the perfect length for a young toddler - short enough for her attention span, long enough to be entertaining. Well done Sandra Boynton!
2 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2017
An essential book for your little munchkins. We made up a song only to realize later there is actually a song written from the author, LOL. I like ours better! Our daughter loves this book.
One person found this helpful
on February 8, 2018
Love this little board book about puppies, and so does my granddaughter! And I especially love the song that goes with it! Another favorite Sandra Boynton board book!
One person found this helpful