Amazon Business World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 364 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 493 reviews
This is a song that you read. In my family, we put it to music that we made up ourselves. Our 2 year old LOVES this book and requests it by name. She love the adorable pictures, too.

The words are so cute. Here's the first part:

"Now I have a thing to tell you and it won't take long. The way I feel about you is kind of a song. It starts with an "Oooooh" and it ends with a kiss. And all along the middle goes something like this. Ooooooh snuggle puppy of mine. Everything about you is especially fine. I love what you are. I love what you do. Fuzzy little snuggle puppy, I love you."

There's more. That's just the first couple of pages (from memory) so please excuse me if some of the words are wrong :)

I just had another baby and I can't wait until she's old enough so that I can share this book with her as well. Get it. You won't regret you did.
on December 18, 2014
Bought this book and 3 other Sandra Boynton books (Are you A Cow?, Hippos Go Berserk, and Doggies) for Christmas gifts for my best friend's 2-year old and my boyfriend's niece who is almost a year old. I think they will be perfect for mom and dad to read to them, and the girls to begin to learn to read as they grow! They are board books-- thick and good quality, that will be easy for tiny hands to hold... or put in their mouth... or whatever... haha. This book is so sweet, and a perfect bedtime read for parents and kids. I almost cried while I was reading through it. I am a dog person, and so are the parents of the girls I got the books for, so I think it will be absolutely wonderful for them, and hopefully create some sweet memories. :)
on December 21, 2015
Hands-down my personal favorite of all the books I've read to my son - and we have read a lot of books!

All the Sandra Boynton books are fun to read, but this one builds in some smooches and snuggles which you just can't beat. At a really young age my son figured out the rhythm and I could pause to watch him lean in expecting a kiss. You just can't get any better than that!

I give this and the Belly Button Book at every single baby shower, they're the best!
on March 11, 2012
I gave this to my 2 year old son for St. Valentine's Day and Mommy and I read it to him before bed that night. Mommy snuggled with him and kissed him a lot so it was a hit on day 1. After that, my son has chosen it for story time maybe once per week (1 out of ~20 nap/night time stories).

It is not my son's favorite but it was not instantly rejected like some other books. Mommy enjoys it too so it was a win/win for me.

5/5 stars because my son and my wife both enjoy it.
on April 12, 2017
We love Sandra Boynton books! I got this for my two year old for Valentine's Day and she loves it! We've been reading it at bedtime every night for awhile now. It's short and sweet but soo cute! You even get to sing a little when reading it to your little one! ;)
on August 15, 2016
One of my favorite books that I read to my son when he was little. He loved to snuggle at night, so this was the best bed time book.
on March 17, 2017
I hate when books make you try to sing words without knowing a melody, but the kids love this book.
on March 2, 2017
We love this book. It's a lovely bedtime song in a book. Very fun and sweet.
on March 26, 2017
Kind of silly, but it's fun to read to little ones and steal a kiss.
on March 9, 2017