Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: Board book|Change

on October 17, 2003
This, like all the Boynton books I've seen, is a beautiful little package -- a sweet song and adorable pictures, sure to result in much snuggling and special moments. It is great for little kids, especially (in fact this song has become a bedtime standard for us). However, if you and your kids like this book, be sure to check out Sandra Boynton's full "Philadelphia Chickens" collection -- a Broadway-show type "review" of many fantastic and catchy toons, with great illustrations and a CD (featuring Patti LuPone, Meryl Streep, The Bacon Brothers, etc.). My kids (3 & 8) have loads of fun singing the songs, dancing around like aardvarks in a chorus line, acting snoozy and then rock and rolling. My 8 year old daughter loves "Broadway" type of music, but much of it is pretty grown-up in content, so this is just the ticket. The songs are funny and appeal to both kids and adults. Sorry, I'm not saying more specifically about Snuggle Puppy, but the whole collection is a treasure for kids as they get older.
on April 15, 2005
Ms. Boynton's books are a huge hit in our home. Snuggle Puppy was given as a gift to my now almost three year old for Valentine's day and it quickly became her favorite...we read it each night and she gets so excited to hear the cadence in the book, she moves in rhythm to the words as I sing song the story. I even found her asleep snuggling the book under her arm one night. I will be sad when this is no longer part of our bed time story time.
on August 4, 2003
This is one of my 17-month-old daughter's favourites. It is short but sweet, and the rhythm and words are so catchy they get "stuck" in my head for hours at a time after I've read it to her!
It lets the reader become as animated as they wish when reading. You can just read it normally if you want, but it's more fun to do it up: "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO snuggle puppy of MINE!!!!"
on July 15, 2006
This is a cute book, but a cute song as well. It might be hard to sing it if you haven't heard the melody, but you can look at the Philadelphia Chickens CD online and hear enough to get the idea. It might be more fun.
on May 26, 2007
This little book is wonderful! It's one of the few my baby girl will sit through. One nice touch is that there aren't any gender cues for the parent dog or little puppy. It could be a Mommy and her little boy baking the cookies just as easily as a Daddy and his little girl. Very cute! I haven't been disappointed with a Boynton book yet!
VINE VOICEon March 17, 2005
Guaranteed to make my 2 year old son giggle and smile every time I read it. One of his favorites for the past several months since he first picked it off the shelf for us to read it to him. now he brings it to us often.

Get it for your little snuggle puppy!
on July 16, 2004
I bought this book when my daughter was not yet born. I started to read to her when she was three months old. I sit her on my lap and let her rest against my body while I hold the book infront of her to read.
She is now 5 1/2 months old and this is one of her favorite books. She gets very excited when I pick this one off the shelf. While I read it she grabs for the book and her legs kick and kick while she smiles.
The book is a really sweet story about a mommy dog and her "snuggle puppy". While making cookies she sings him a song about loving him for who he is and what he does. Its short and very very sweet.
The book is based on a song but I dont know the song and I dont think it matters. The words are so important to giving your child good self confidence. I think when they are old enough to understand what you are saying it will be even better for them.
This is a cute book and it doesnt get old. I love to "sing" my daughter the snuggle puppy song where ever we might be and she loves it.
This is a song that you read. In my family, we put it to music that we made up ourselves. Our 2 year old LOVES this book and requests it by name. She love the adorable pictures, too.

The words are so cute. Here's the first part:

"Now I have a thing to tell you and it won't take long. The way I feel about you is kind of a song. It starts with an "Oooooh" and it ends with a kiss. And all along the middle goes something like this. Ooooooh snuggle puppy of mine. Everything about you is especially fine. I love what you are. I love what you do. Fuzzy little snuggle puppy, I love you."

There's more. That's just the first couple of pages (from memory) so please excuse me if some of the words are wrong :)

I just had another baby and I can't wait until she's old enough so that I can share this book with her as well. Get it. You won't regret you did.
on December 21, 2010
This beautiful little package of a book will melt your heart away and present many opportunities for cuddling with your "snuggle puppy." Catchy short rhymes and sing-song quality are especially appealing to infants and toddlers. So carry on, sing a love song to your baby:

OOO, Snuggle Puppy of mine! Everything about you is especially fine.
I love what you are. I love what you do. Fuzzy little Snuggle Puppy, I love you.

You can even get the Philadelphia Chickens book and CD (Snuggle Puppy is sung by Eric Stolz), or see it on YouTube to learn how the tune goes, or just make up a special tune for you and your baby. Once you learn the song, you can sing it anywhere - it will do wonders when your child is feeling uncooperative or grumpy. Don't worry, if you are not much into singing, you could easily chant along, and the book would be just as adorable.

From the heart cut-out on the front cover to colorful illustrations and bold text, this sturdy board book is sure to delight the little ones with its fun-filled pages. It could also make a nice Valentine's Day present from you to your kids, whether you're Mom, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, or a third cousin ( the book is gender-neutral).

After all, what can be better than sweet unconditional love expressed with poetry, song, and a kiss?

Julia Shpak
Author of "Power of Plentiful Wisdom". Available on Amazon.
For more reviews on children's books visit my blog "Julia's Library" at: ForwardQuoteDOTcom
on December 14, 2011
We have been Boynton fans for a couple years and have recently added this to our collection. What a wonderful book that actually makes me tear up a little when I read it. My daughter and I have several other favorites including But Not the Hippopotamus (me), Blue Hat Green Hat (her), and What's Wrong Little Pookie (both of us). These are just a couple of our favorites. I think we have most of her library. You really can't go wrong with this book, especially for a toddler. They really enjoy the "shouting" parts.

Edited 6/12/12
Just wanted to say this is still one of our favorite books, and one of four that I'm currently reordering since we've found out we're pregnant again. I want each girl to have a copy of this. If you're wondering, we're also getting another copy of My Daddy and I by Hallinan, I Love You Because You're You (this time we're getting the keepsake story collection with several other well-known stories included), and The Beginner's Bible, Timeless Bible Stories.