Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 81 reviews
on July 19, 2017
Really enjoyed this book. It gives a lot of different perspectives and ideas on homeschooling. Kept me engaged and I read through it pretty quickly.
on February 25, 2016
Easy read. I was a little turned off by the lack of secular voices in this book because the description didn't say anything about the author being christian based. Not knowing the her background, I didn't know that she was not a secular homeschooler. However, this book still shows many different families views of their personal experiences with homeschool and how they implement their schedules to fit their specific family dynamic. Good read. Good used book purchase.
on October 29, 2012
This book is very informative and helpful and maybe there was no other way to write it than the way she did, but it was a little strange how each chapter starts like we're entering someone's home and being introduced to a new homeschooling mom. All the weird chit-chat, about coffee, the mess around the house, stuff like that was just a little off putting. But after a paragraph or two of being "introduced" to these women, it was really interesting learning about all the different styles of homeschooling. Also the appendix at the end is something I know I'll turn to again and again for future use.

So if you can get past the weirdness of the writing style, I think you'll find this book a great one to own, especially if you're unsure what style of homeschooling may be your own.
on November 28, 2016
This is the 4th time I've purchased this book. I loan it out to people who are considering homeschooling. It's an easy read and helps people see how THEY could homeschool. Every family and every situation is different. This is a good look at a variety of styles and philosophies.
on October 4, 2013
This is a great book on homeschooling. Basically tells the stories of 15 families and how they homeschool. Each chapter has a different family with a different perspective on homeschooling and what their day or year looks like. Every family is completely different from the next in regard to style, and it give a great idea what homeschooling can look like. I just started homeschooling a month ago, and this book gave me some great ideas. There is no 'right' way to homeschool, but different ways work better for different families or children. Loved the book. Very easy to read.
on May 7, 2017
This is a great resource as I am looking into homeschooling. It has many different examples of families that had simular questions.
on May 26, 2017
A good book to read as one considers homeschooling. I enjoyed reading about why and how other people homeschool. I'm glad I read this book.
on October 3, 2010
The stories are VERY diverse. with each story I have been able to walk away with something. In one story a mother said she didn't stress herself out about utilizing all of the pointers from the many homeschool books she'd read, b/c those pointers are from each person's best day and it would be like her having so many people's best day, every day...and that's not reasonable. Also, reading these stories offered me no pressure to apply everything I read. So many other things I've taken away from the book to enhance my relationships with my children and to make our days and lives run so much smoother. It's a good and easy read. A days worth of reading for a life full of homeschool enhancements
on October 17, 2011
I'm not quite finished with this book but it did make me more excited about all the possibilities that homeschooling offers. I'm still in the beginning of figuring it all out but this gave a glimpse into what our lives could be like going this route.
on November 23, 2013
I loved reading about each unique perspective on the why to home schooling and how it was working out for each case. I have a very bright 3 year old who can read some books . So my concern is that school may be too boring on waiting her turn. I now see that a one on one learning is much more desirable and that the good socialization can be supplemented with chosen activities geared to her interest.
I do ALS