Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Far Cry 3 - Playstation 3 forum

So who's excited for the game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-35 of 35 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 10, 2012, 8:29:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2012, 8:29:49 AM PST
Soluafin says:
I don't know if I'm excited for this, but I am definitely interested. Far Cry 2 was just so horrible and senseless with miserable audio problems, a setting where everyone shoots you on sight but there isn't really a lot of reason why, etc etc. I just don't want to get my hopes up for this one, too. Looks like it has a lot of potential, though!

Posted on Mar 30, 2012, 6:30:30 AM PDT
DMS,MD says:
Didn't play either of the first two but this one has my interest. Looks like they distilled the best of the first 2 and made the game they should have all along. I hear the fire mechanic is back - you can start fires and watch the spread / destroy.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012, 12:42:43 PM PDT
Tom Wolf says:
Farcry 2 was VERY repetitive. same thing around every corner.. get's pretty boring. but I did like it still..

Posted on Apr 28, 2012, 9:51:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2012, 9:53:32 PM PDT
W. Newberry says:
That's why I immediately located all the gold AK47's upon putting the disc in the tray. Using YT guides of course.

Then after that I was laboriously getting new weapons at the weapon shacks just to be safe I didn't jam.

Once you unlocked that stealth buff suit thing-a-ma-jiggy the detection wasn't so bad, they still could detect you , but I got really good at using stealth in FarCry2 often sneaking into camps and sneaking back out undetected .

You had to be extremely methodical to achieve this though, which turned off most gamers.

Posted on May 2, 2012, 6:44:44 PM PDT
ThAdEa says:
Farcry 2 had good graphics and a large map and map editor...with that being said...it was a horrible game with horrible controls. People jumped ship from multiplayer quicker than an italian cruise captain.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012, 2:03:48 AM PDT
Bart says:
yup very much

Posted on Jun 9, 2012, 5:52:45 AM PDT
I liked Far Cry 2 quite a bit. Far Cry 3 is going to rock!

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 11:55:02 AM PST
C. Cusick says:
Gamespot had a feature where they addressed the problems with FarCry 2 and what would be fixed. I found it helpful.

http://www.gamespot.com/far-cry-3/videos/ask-gamespot-will-far-cry-3-fix-all-the-problems-of-far-cry-2-6399368/

Posted on Nov 20, 2012, 4:16:30 PM PST
You can tell from the trailers and gameplay videos that this is going to improve on Far Cry 1 and 2 in pretty much every possible way (massive improvement). This looks like it could end up being the most atmospheric and immersive fps yet (and feature the most awesome multiplayer action seen on the ps3, and I'm not usually all that crazy about shooting at random people online).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012, 1:00:37 AM PST
Azhrei says:
maybe you should clean your guns more often...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Jul 6, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

This discussion is about
Far Cry 3 - Playstation 3
Far Cry 3 - Playstation 3 by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (971)