Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
• Our mission is to empower people, like you, to change the world through everyday, quality purchases. We believe that you should be able to give back without giving up quality. That’s why our soaps do two jobs: pamper your hair/skin and serve communities in need. Every SoapBox purchase you make donates a bar of soap to someone in need either state-side or abroad. So give your hair and skin the TLC it deserves with our shea enriched products that lock-in moisture and include key ingredients such as argan and coconut oil to showcase your lush locks and hydrated skin in the best way possible. Give yourself the ultimate glow, both inside and out, with SoapBox Soaps.
• Lock-in moisture with our shea butter and olive oil rich bar soaps. These bars will leave your skin feeling hydrated and revived after a relaxing soak in the tub or a quick rinse in the shower. Replenish your skin with coconut, soothe with sea minerals, rejuvenate with pomegranate or pamper with bataua. These soaps are free from SLES, SLS, and parabens; so enjoy a scrub with soap that is packed with high-quality ingredients and free from harsh chemicals.
• Not only do our suds perform well in water, but also in the community. Each of your purchases donates a bar of soap to someone in need. That means for your 3-pack of suds you’re donating 3 bars of soap either state-side or abroad. We also practice sustainable giving with our donations. When possible, we work with local soap makers within the communities we serve so we do not hinder the local economy. All of this is made possible by your purchases and our amazing partners. These partners provide jobs to those within the areas they serve making the soap, distributing it and educating their community about proper hygiene practice. So together lets spread hope with a bar of soap.
• Giving should be made easy! That’s why we make giving back to communities in need as easy as buying soap that you use every day. For each SoapBox product you purchase you donate a bar of soap to someone in need. These bar donations are also accompanied with hand hygiene education initiatives and supports jobs in those communities when possible. As a certified B-corp we’re here to make a positive impact in all we do.
• At SoapBox we believe that doing good isn’t just for people, but also animals. All of our soaps are vegan, to PETA standards, and cruelty-free. We do not test, nor do we use animal bi-product ingredients in our suds.
• Quality ingredients are important for taking great care of you skin and hair. All SoapBox products are made with naturally-derived ingredients and free from parabens and EDTA. Our range of soaps also includes products that are free from SLS, SLES and palm oil. Our bottles are recyclable and every product is made here in the U.S.
• Connect with the communities that you’re serving with your donations by tracking your Hope Code. Enter your Hope Code, found on the back of your products, on our website so you can see where your donation went. You will see which aid partner received your donation and more specifics about our partner's current project work around the globe. Your purchases are truly making a huge impact on the lives of many here at home and across the globe. So share your giving story with friends, family and colleagues that your simple purchase proves that a bar of soap really can make a world of difference. Thank you for joining our movement of Soap=Hope.
Describe your product in 3 words.
Soap Equals Hope
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
Founder David Simnick was working full-time for a USAID contractor and felt that there was a more sustainable way to help spread hygiene items and education to those who needed it. While at American University, he came up with the idea of using a for-profit business to fund a non-profit function. The business plan was developed in class where co-founder Dan Doll and David met and the rest is in the suds!
What makes your product special?
Not only do our products have a buy-one give-one mission behind each of them, they also do good for your body! We never include harsh chemicals or test on animals, so you can rest assured these producst are good AND do good.
What has been the best part of your startup experience?
Being able to build a team of young, hungry, humble and smart people to bring this vision to life has been an incredible experience to be a part of. Our SoapBox family thanks you for your support as we grow and work hard to provide great products for you and your family, and pour a little hope into the world while we're at it!
Scent Name: Coconut
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?