Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Social Media Engagement For Dummies Paperback – June 17, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Excel 2016 For Dummies Video Training
Discover what Excel can do for you with self-paced video lessons from For Dummies. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
- Connect with prospects and turn them into customers
- Build trust and credibility
- Use social networks to engage your customers
- Involve customers through video, blogs, and e-mail
Connect with your customers, captivate them, provide value, and watch your business grow
Social media engagement can help you turn prospects into customers and customers into evangelists for your business. This book shows you how to build those relationships, maintain a viable presence on social networks, and give customers a reason to interact with you. See how to enhance your credibility and start conversations that will keep you connected to your customers.
- What it is understand what goes into social media engagement and measure its value
- It's all about trust build trust by listening to your community and providing clear messages, prompt responses, and authentic interactions
- Let's talk learn effective ways to join or start conversations in social media and how to encourage participation
- Nuts and bolts establish a process, identify goals and targets, explore available tools, and create a realistic schedule for social media activity
- Branch out explore ways to communicate on Pinterest, LinkedIn®, Google+, and location-based services
- Look and listen use audio and video creatively to help build a community
- Get noticed create a useful e-newsletter and add apps or widgets to your Facebook page and website
Open the book and find:
- Incentives for people to share your message
- What numbers to measure
- Advice on managing time for social media
- Why being present is so vital
- Tips for handling complaints
- Ways to keep your marketing message consistent
- Help with maximizing Pinterest and Google+
- Ten common mistakes to avoid
About the Author
Aliza Sherman launched the first full-service Internet company, Cybergrrl, Inc., and the first global Internet networking organization for women, Webgrrls International. Danielle Elliott Smith is a digital correspondent, speaker, media trainer, vlogger, and brand spokesperson and is the founder of ExtraordinaryMommy.com.
Top Customer Reviews
I've read previous books by the lovely authors - Danielle Elliott Smith & Aliza Sherman. And while I knew this wouldn't follow their normal format, I also knew what to expect from the "Dummies" franchise. So I was curious as to whether or not it would be something I could get through.
I'm pleased I set myself to the task, because the authors did not disappoint. They broke down Social Media into chunks I could read and digest, without being overwhelming or "idiot speak." I was surprised exactly how current the book was, considering social networks change constantly and are always updating their systems and methodology. I was able to use a few tips in the book immediately, and plan to implement more in coming weeks and months. (I'm a baby steps kind of gal.)
I appreciate the thoroughness with which the book is written, and the clear-cut manner of the guidelines. An excellent read for anyone looking to use Social Media to engage their customer base & move their business forward!
What I liked was the instruction on how to navigate the various engagement sites. There are whole sections on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Lilnkedin and Google+ . Because there are so many social media sites it involves a learning curve to get them all down. The information provided about these commonly used sites was very helpful to me in getting started. There is a chapter on You Tube and a chapter on mistakes to avoid in your quest to attract customers.
Overall, I'd say the book is very comprehensive, useful and extremely helpful. It was worth my time to read it and it helped me in my own marketing efforts. -- Valerie Lull, Author, Ten Healthy Teas
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The book is very informative and a good introduction to the subject. I particularly like that the publisher posts updates for the web version.Published 1 month ago by Noa M
Not quite what I was looking for but a great help nevertheless.Published 17 months ago by Corliss L. Harris
One of the best books on Social Media.... it's one this to be on social sites... it's an altogether different situation to know how to optimize and monetize them!!Published on December 3, 2013 by Tim
Aliza and Danielle both do a wonderful job of identifying the best tools for social media engamgent from little-known apps to the most commonly used networks. Read morePublished on September 26, 2013 by Erica Buteau
Very informative, step-by-step guide to social media engagement.. I would recommend it to anyone who is a beginner to social media.Published on September 21, 2013 by Ansen