Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on February 29, 2012
This book is easy to read and informative. After the first chapter I had a conversation with a friend and was shocked by how much I had learned. I am currently doing research and wanted to and social network analysis and this book has been fantastic for helping my put it together. I got it yesterday and read all but one chapter. Then got to work. It is that good. Everything the first reviewer said is true. Buy the book!!
on October 16, 2013
This is a great book. I have several other books on social network analysis (sna) and this one tops them all by far. Prell covers all the basics and more, and the book is clear and organized well. I particularly appreciated the intro on the history of sna. Great buy.
on August 6, 2015
I loved it!
on April 11, 2015
Very informative
on May 26, 2012
The value of this book is that it provides an easily understood introduction to network analysis along with easy to follow instructions for how to carry out various procedures, mostly using UCINET software. It is a great concept and the book really is very useful. The main problem with the book is that it is chock full of grammatical errors. If it was just a few I could ignore them, but there are enough so that it is a real distraction. I would like to use this book with students, but I worry that those with good language skills will be led to discount the information in the book. I also worry that the book will set a poor example for students who do not have such good language skills. I suppose that I could use the book anyway if I vouch for the content and also directly acknowledge that it was not properly edited before publication. I could even give students credit for being able to find and correct the grammar mistakes in each of the assigned readings in addition to understanding the network concepts that are presented. Regardless of whether or not I am able to use it I am surprised and really disappointed that the editors at Sage would let so many easy to fix errors get into what would otherwise be a great little book.
on December 21, 2012
I'm a beginner looking into SNA and this book is exactly what I needed! You don't need a PhD in Sociology to comprehend the easy explanations.
on April 8, 2013
I read this on the plane from DC to San Francisco. Quick read. It's a super simple and straight forward tutorial on social networks.