Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on December 19, 2012
When I was writing Hired!, my new book on reemployment, I compiled resources in many different areas. In the social networking/job search area Miriam Salpeter's book rose to the top of my stack. I included it in my book because her approach is holistic. Her thesis goes beyond using the "Big 3" social networks to find a job. She positions social networking as a way of life, and as a way to enhance your current job situation as well as build a platform for future opportunities. Her command of some technical details impressed me, and I am a professional programmer. But I was more impressed that Salpeter conveyed these potentially complex topics in a very accessible manner. A further kudo is on the book's structure: while many authors write only their own ideas and experiences, Salpeter chose to include hundreds (I stopped counting after page 74) of anecdotes from other writers and authors. I felt like I was at a conference listening to experts talk to me about their passion. And this is a passionate book. You cannot read a chapter without feeling Salpeter's complete engagement with her digital world. I learned a lot that I did not know about how to leverage the Big 3. I am sure you will, too. Great book. Buy a copy.
on February 18, 2013
Miriam Salpeter's book, Social Networking for Career Success, is much more than a how-to guide for using social media in your job search. Although she certainly provides the beginning networker with a complete list of online tools along with clear instructions on how to use them, the seasoned social media navigator will not be disappointed. This book is a must-have addition for job-seekers and entrepreneurs alike, and should be required reading for anyone who seeks to promote his or her personal brand in the information age. Ms. Salpeter uses a combination of gentle guidance on etiquette, anecdotes of successful engagement with online networks, and advanced tips for engaging on a variety of sites that are guaranteed to take the reader to a new level of personal marketing!Social Networking for Career Success: Using Online Tools to Create a Personal Brand
on September 26, 2011
This book captures all of the popular and widely used social media platforms in a way that no other book does. It is an easy read with great real life examples from real people who have had success in their career through using social media tools. This book suits individuals on all levels from novice to expert. Everyone will pick up a few nuggets that can be integrated into your social media strategy. Those that are new or fairly new to social media will pick up a wealth of information and a new way to market yourself using these tools. The author does a great job of laying a framework, then covering the details in a way that is simple to understand and comprehend. Thank for writing an awesome book and one that I reference quite frequently although I too am an early adopter in the social media space.

Bottom line: Great book with simple information and tips to build a social media empire that will help start your career and/or take your career to the next level!
on October 21, 2012
While this book is primarily aimed at keeping your social media presence current so that you can build your network of associates and find new jobs quickly and easily, I gained value from this book in another way. I am building a business online and wanted to incorporate social media into my strategy. This book really helped me to recognize the value of social media for business and then showed me specifically how to leverage these tools to build a stronger online presence!

This book is helpful for just about anyone interested in social media. Even if Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIN are more hobby sites for you right now, read this book and see how powerful these tools can be to increase your circle of friends and to build your influence.

Highly recommend!
on July 20, 2011
My expectation when I opened the box from Amazon with Miriam's book was that I would be reading a "Social Media for Dummies"; Well, indeed this book does a great job covering the basics of many social media tools. But it also covers the most popular tools at a level such that I learned several new things about each tool. Miriam provides much more than how-to information, she provides strategic insight about how to use each tool to benefit your career. I really appreciate how Miriam incorporates the knowledge and advice of over 100 social media experts to explain different strategies for success. I refer to my copy on my Kindle at least twice a month and I have bought many copies for people that I coach to help them accelerate their social media effectiveness. Look no further for a great social media reference to accelerate your career!
on June 2, 2011
This is the best social networking resource out there, period. I'm not looking for a job, or a career switch, and I loved this book! Miriam's advice is easy to read, understand and implement. She breaks it down for you into manageable pieces and holds your hand as you go through it. Her voice is engaging and effective and she's oh so knowledgable. I especially loved the chapter on LinkedIn, a site I thought I had figured out... but after reading Social Networking, I had dozens of new ideas on how to leverage my LinkedIn profile and build my brand. If you're going to buy one book on how to leverage social media for your job hunt or career, this is it. I highly recommend it.
on September 7, 2011
This book was recommended to me by one of my friends. I had started with a Linkedin and Facebook profile, but didn't really capture the power of these two networking tools. There are step by step instructions as well as excellent examples on how to set up your profile and maximize your potential. I have already been reviewed by additional people on the network, in addition to being included in search results of potential employers. As a job seeker this is great news. Miriam Salpeter uses an easy to ready writing style, and the book will be beneficial to all professionals looking to increase their online presence and connect with colleagues.
on July 7, 2013
Miriam Salpeter is an expert in using social media for personal branding and career advancement. Her book Social Networking for Career Success is a comprehensive resource that would be helpful to anyone that wants to leverage the power of the major social networking sites. Her advice is practical, easy to understand and can be implemented immediately. This book is my go-to reference at a time when establishing an online presence is essential for professional success.
on June 16, 2011
Miriam's book is a "must-read" for people looking to better manage their careers and those seeking a new career. She presents a compelling case for monitoring, and growing, your "digital footprint" and provides many tools and suggestions for readers to positively affect their social media presence.
"Social Networking For Career Success" is presented in an easy-to-follow format and is complete with tips, quotes from dozens of industry experts and many real-life success stories. Even readers with a comprehensive knowledge of social media will discover new ways to leverage these outlets to achieve career success.
on May 22, 2011
This a great book to gain an understanding of the playing field in today's marketplace. With real life examples, Miriam Salpeter touches professionals at all levels in social networking. Whether you are early in your career or a seasoned veteran I recommend this as a must read to bring your digital footprint to the next level.