- Use promo code GIFTBOOK18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Enter code GIFTBOOK18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
Social PR Secrets: How to Optimize, Socialize, and Publicize Your Brand 2018 Paperback – October 7, 2013
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
"The best approach to generating media attention and to reaching buyers directly is to create content they love to consume and are eager to share. Lisa Buyer shows you how."
David Meerman Scott, bestselling author of The New Rules of Marketing and PR
Rebecca Murtagh, CEO, speaker and author
"Social PR Secrets is an easy-to-consume handbook."
Marty Weintraub, author of The Complete Social Media Community Manager's Guide,
"SEO, influence marketing and PR are allconverging and part the mix now; perfect timing for Social PR Secrets."
Ric Dragon, author of Social Marketology
About the Author
Lisa Buyer is a speaker, journalist, and educator on the trending topic of public relations and how it is influenced by social media and search marketing. She is a graduate of the University of Florida College of Journalism with more than 20 years experience as an agency owner. Follow her @lisabuyer.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 70%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 26 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In this book, I got (on average) 2-3 good, actionable tips PER PAGE.
(I am an Internet marketing professional since 1996 focused mainly on the SEO side of things. I am the author of Drupal 6 SEO which you can find here on Amazon.)
A few highlights:
The vast majority of today's journalists use search engines such as Google and social media networks as a story research tool to either begin, confirm, or fact-check stories. With that in mind it's advantageous to optimize your news stories with keywords, tags, and links so the media can find you when researching on search and social.
Getting Social with the Media
* Identify the social networks for your target media: where are they hanging out and what are they talking about or interested in?
* Follow them spark up an online conversation.
* Interact and even collaborate with the media.
* Share their stories.
* Leave comments on stories and blogs.
* Update all your media lists with the social networks IDs.
Social PR Secret: Create a social media list dashboard using a platform such as Tweetdeck or Hootsuite that enables you to see at a glance the social news stream of what is happening with the media you follow.
Social PR and Media Relation Sources
* Newsle: Newsle tracks friends and alerts you when they're mentioned in news articles and blog posts.
* PitchEngine: combines the best of social, visual, video and mobile worlds to make it easier to get the word out in a social pitch, not just to the media, but also your customers.
* HARO (Help a Reporter Out): Reverse it! Brands can use HARO not just to be in the daily know of journalists looking for story sources, but also to research case studies, produce white papers, and create infographics for them to easily use.
* MuckRack: Find, follow, and send spam-free pitches to journalists you need to know.
* Buzzstream: Social, PR, and SEO management. Helps build authentic relationships with word-of-mouth influencers across the social web.
* Toolsy.com: The best social PR and marketing tools curated for you.
Twitter Chats are interactive conversations that happen on Twitter with a group of people all using the same hashtag and a certain topic. To take a deeper dive into the Social PR industry, follow some of these Twitter chats, discover your own, or start one for your industry or brand.
* Sundays: #BlogChat 9pm ET
* Mondays: #Journchat 8pm ET; #SocialChat 9pm ET
* Tuesdays: #PPCchat 12pm ET; #SocialCafe 9pm ET; #GetRealChat 9pm ET
* Wednesdays: #BrandChat 11am ET; #WJChat 8pm ET; PinChat 9pm ET
* Thursdays: #MyBlogGuest 11am ET; #SEOchat 1pm ET
* Fridays: #BusinessFuel 1pm ET
#Hashtag and Media Relations
* Social Mention
* Rite Tag
Journalists need immediate responses from sources or they have no choice but to move on to the next source or idea.
Social PR Secret: Add social PR live chat to your company newsroom or home page so that a journalist - or anyone for that matter - can get an immediate response while working on a story deadline.
Social PR Secret: Email pitches. If you don't hear back from me, I'm probably not interested. from: @crampell
Those are my highlights from one chapter.
I have just as many more from most chapters. As a digital marketer, I already knew some of that stuff but never expressed in quite the way that Ms. Buyer says it or seen those ideas put together in quite the way that she does.
In short, it's a "Must Buy". Short, easy to read, lot's to apply. Anyone interested can pick up some great tips.
Thank you, Lisa Buyer! I just hope you didn't give away all your secrets!