Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sockwell Women's Elevation Firm (20-30mmHg) Graduated Compression Socks
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on August 8, 2013
I work long long long hours on my feet (I'm a nurse)....normal compression socks leave my upper leg hurting (far too tight around the top part of my calf) and my feet STINkING!....
theses are a comfort for the whole 12 hour ++ and b/c they are a combo of wool/bamboo my feet are cool and non stinky when i get home. Added bonus, they are cute :D (well i have them in all different colours etc now)

I bought my first pair to test them out...and promptly came home and ordered MANY MORE! i will update this review if i find a flaw with this product but so far...they are like sex for my legs and feet

ps. shoe size 9-10 women's largest part of my calf is 17.5cm around
on May 20, 2013
I cannot begin to say how much I love these socks. They do not bind ANYwhere, and after wearing the same pair almost every day (literally) for over two months, they are still in great shape! They wash and dry easily. I have pretty bad varicose veins, so I really need to wear at least 20-30 mmHg compression socks. Not only are these comfortable, but when I take them off, I have no swelling in my ankles or feet They are wonderful.

I am short, but wear a large size shoe. I got the medium size, and it's perfect.
on June 22, 2015
this is my favorite pattern of sockwell compression socks. i judge all others by how much i love the feel of this pair. it's my second pair of the same color and i have the same model of socks in two other shades (black multi, oyster) as well. i wear a size 7 shoe, although sometimes shoe salespeople measure me as a 6.5. sometimes i have trouble with regular (non-compression) socks of the standard size fitting me properly. when they don't fit properly the tendency for them is to be too long in the foot. i ordered the size recommended for my shoe size and they fit me great. (from memory i think the size is listed as small/medium.)

i am only 5'4" and my legs are chunky compared to most ppl. these socks do not fit me as shown on the model image. on me, they easily pull up to where my knee creases at the top of my calf. if i get them pulled up quite that high the elastic can be a bit uncomfortable if i've been sitting for a while bc bending my knees puts a bit of pressure on it (and it leaves a top of socks mark on my skin.) i don't notice this if i'm careful to not pull them up quite so high.

i like the colorful design on these. i appreciate that unlike the dots and shadow dots patterned sockwell socks, this design has far less little strands that want to poke thru the front. i wish this particular design was offered in more colors. particularly i'd like to see it done with the main body color (the purple part in this one) in red, blue, green, turquoise, also plum, and tan/taupe. i've considered ordering it in black, but i'd much rather have the lively design.

pay attention - the easiest way to put compression socks on yourself or others is to think of them as fitting over a tall L shape, as if you can't point your toes away from your body. start with the sock right side out as you usually would have your socks. now, even tho it's about knee high, you need to reach into the sock and grab the heel portion from the inside. pull inside out, holding onto the heel section. this means you're looking at and inside out tube that the foot of the sock is concealed inside. not to worry, tho, bc you have the heel of the sock in your fingers. bc you know and can see where the heel goes, you can get your toes in exactly the right place. so pull on the sock so that the heel portion is in the right place at the back of your foot. the heel is the biggest aggravator against pulling tall socks or hose on bc everyone's heel is so bulky compared to the foot or the ankle. but since you have already gotten to the thickest part of the foot, you've done or eliminated the hard work. now all you have to do is reach to the open end of your sock (that's inside out) and pull it right side out as you bring the top all the way up toward your knees. reversing the fabric of the sock as you pull it right side out is very easy since the heel is already in place and this widest bottom part is not dragging against the full length of the leg of the sock. ta-da!
55 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2013
These are very nice socks.
They are tight and thick, but not too tight and not too thick.
I have neuropathy in my feet, and they make my feet feel so much better.
on July 5, 2014
These are the first support socks that really fit my little legs. I have PAD even though I have exercised for over 37 years. However, it has been difficult for me to find a support hose or sock that will not wrinkle up around my ankles. These fit very tightly and look good enough to wear under slacks to church. I really need support when I stand for any length of time, and these really do the job. My doctor had written an prescription for a pair that would have cost over $95. and that is with insurance. So these were a bargain and I will buy some more. They are easy to put on even with longer finger nails. They also keep their shape after washing, which by the way, is very easy. Great product.
on May 30, 2013
I ordered the medium/large size - they seem to be both too tight & too long. I wish there were more sizes to take into account height & weight. I am not that short (5'3") and not that large (women's size 10/12) - I am only leaving this review so other women will have more info about sizing. The socks are nice - but not usable for me.
on April 18, 2016
I wanted to wait until I wore these several times before writing a review. I had them a few weeks, and worn them almost every day. They do fit a little small, with that in mind, I bought the medium size, which barely fit. I do admit these are the most comfortable compression socks I've ever wore. However, I wonder if they are true 20-30 compression. They have a design and they are definitely tighter where the design goes through, leaving marks on my legs when I take them off. My skin is a little sore a the end of the day from this, but it goes away within 10 minutes after taking them off, and I don't notice it while I'm wearing them. They are much cheaper than the compression socks I have been wearing, so I give it 4 stars, because of the price, and how comfortable they are. I just don't think the compression 20-30 is the true compression. But they work well enough, and are comfortable. I've attached a picture of what the socks do .
review image
on October 27, 2013
These are decent - good compression and a fun pattern, but after the first wash they loosened up significantly. I washed them on cold and hung them to dry, but still noticed a big change. I'm a medical student on my surgery rotation, which means upwards of 30 hours standing and running around at a time. These helped me get through those calls without aching feet, but they seem to be 1-2 time use and probably not worth the money. I'll be trying other brands.
on December 15, 2015
I purchased these socks for a long flight to Hawaii while pregnant. They fit snugly but not too tight as to be uncomfortable, which is perfect for compression socks! The design seems to have some elasticity sewn in, which helps with the compression the whole way up the sock without compromising on the support or how cute the socks are. The design is adorable! I found them to be a comfortable thickness, although they may be a bit too hot summer. They were perfect on the plane though, as they tend to keep it somewhat cold on flights. I really think they helped with keeping my feet and ankles from swelling.
My only complaint is that they end right at my knee, and seemed to pinch a bit behind my kneecap. I wish they ended a little lower, as I did get some blood pooling in the area behind my knee on the back of my leg. If I had known that would happen, I probably would have tried to adjust them differently. I do love these socks though for the support they provide and for the fact that they are much cuter than your typical compression socks.
A planned overseas trip necessitated my purchasing compression socks. After I researched various brands and styles, “Sockwell Women’s Elevation Compression Socks, Black Multi, Small/Medium” were better suited to my preferences than other options. These compression socks were woven from a higher percentage of natural fibers than many other brands of socks. As a result, they wicked moisture better and did not cause my feet to sweat profusely. They were firmer (15 - 20 mm Hg) than the majority of compression socks (10 – 20 mmHG). The socks’ graduated compression and well-fitted feet, as well as a whimsical design and multiple colors, made “Sockwell Women’s Elevation Compression Socks” my choice.

Sizing is always a challenge when it comes to purchasing any clothing online. I wear a 7 to 7 ½ narrow in shoes. I purchased the Small/Medium size. That size fits well and is not uncomfortable. At its maximum point, my calf is about 14” in circumference. The socks extend to the crease in the back of my knees – about 15” from the floor; this circumference of area measures about 13”. My foot is 9 ¼” long and the circumference around my arch is about 8 1/8”.

“Sockwell Women’s Elevation Compression Socks, Black Multi, Small/Medium” seem to be constructed with care. One of my socks has a more prominent knot on one side of the toe area. I have been able to position it so that it does not irritate or cause a blister. The top of the sock has a rolled, zigzag-stitched hem that approximately 3/8” wide. It has not rolled during wearing.

Although these socks can be machine washed and dried, I prefer to hand wash and dry them flat. I believe this will increase their useful life.

Amazon’s price for these socks, combined with PRIME shipping and free returns, makes them a much better value than the same item purchased from one of the online travel clothing retailers.