Sodastream Penguin Starter Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Simple, sleek and easy to use; No batteries, no electricity and no clean-up
- The stylish Penguin combines form and functionality to prepare and serve your sparkling beverages in elegant, dishwasher-safe glass carafes
- Its eye catching design will stand out in any kitchen, dining room or bar
- Turns tap water into sparkling water in seconds
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 2:33 Mins|
1. The caps do not seal well. The fizz is gone quickly and when you tighten them they break easily. They are impossible to replace as apparently everyone breaks theirs and they have been backordered. There is absolutely no admonition in the packaging to beware and not over-tighten and the natural impulse is to do that when the fizz disappears so much more rapidly than other models.
2. The internal mechanism is unwieldy and wiggly and hard to manage. It sounds to all out ears as if a lot of gas leaks in there and that the internal seal is not tight. The plastic JET bottles screw on and it is clear they are much more efficient. There is a much higher cannister turnover and that means you are spending more money. It ends up being expensive, honestly.
3. The glass bottle is smaller than the plastic bottle and it is frustrating.Read more ›
That said, I would only recommend this if you have a William Sonoma store near you. They sell the canisters and if you bring in your old one they sell them for about $14. They also sell flavor syrups as well (although may not carry the Soda Stream brand, but that's okay).
If you have to mailorder the canisters from the Soda Stream website, don't bother with this product. They have horrible service and are very slow. I tried placing and order from them and after 13 days, I called to inquire about my order and it had still not shipped out! Very lame.
The minute William Sonoma stops carrying the replacement canisters is the minute I sell my Penguin soda maker and buy something else like the iSi Soda Siphon, Brushed Aluminum. The Penguin is better though in that you can control how much fizz you want.
One of my favorite things is italian sodas and you can make that with this product and the right syrup that you buy anywhere. I buy the Torani brand syrups which have pure cane sugar and no high fructose corn syrup. I also buy a natural brand called Sonoma Syrup Company or other natural syrups that i find. I don't like over sweet sodas and really enjoy that I can control how much syrup I use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm not giving this item one star because I liked it UNTIL it stopped working properly. I've had it for 3+ years, which I guess is a good run for a modern gadget, but I don't like... Read morePublished 28 days ago by Vinyl Queen
Glass bottles! Easy sparkle. Infinite joy. Sparkles Water. AMAZING!Published 4 months ago by Love2Earth: I mean IT
I keep cleaning and cleaning it, but I can't get the taste of dead Palestinian children out of it. When I tried to return it, the manufacturer shelled my house. Read morePublished 24 months ago by El3ctricFuneral
We have a three-year old Penguin, never had a problem with it until this week. I contacted Sodastream by email. Read morePublished on March 18, 2014 by P. Blackheart
All we use this for is bubbly water - and for that it serves its purpose beautifully. Also like the glass carafes.Published on October 29, 2013 by Sara R.
Threw it away after a week. The lever broke immediately and the water was barely sparkling. Would never recommend anyone buy it.Published on February 2, 2013 by jgefaell
I drink a lot of seltzer so I thought it would be nice to have a Sodastream. I picked the Penguin because I also thought it would be nice to have glass bottles to serve at the... Read morePublished on January 12, 2013 by M in NY
I've used a Penguin SodaStream daily for more than two years. It's a sleak machine and I get a lot of admiring comments as it sits on my counter. Read morePublished on November 27, 2012 by kellyc
We've owned a a Sodastream Penguin for about five years now. Prior to buying it, we were using a disturbing amount of plastic bottles from soda and seltzer water. Read morePublished on August 7, 2012 by Kate McMurry