Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 98 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 236 reviews
on November 3, 2013
I bought this for my husband, in part to cut down on the 80 trillion empty cans of La Croix we were putting in the recycling every week. Plus, it seemed fun and gadgety, and it is! It basically does exactly what it promises -- make carbonated water again and again and again. We go through several bottles every week. We bring the empty cartridges to Target and buy refills there for around $15. The Soda Stream came with a bunch of flavors, most of which we found disgusting, but we're not big sweetened soda drinkers. We ordered some of the Monin flavored syrups used for Italian sodas, and those taste much more natural. The seltzer is also great for cocktails. Our dog walker claims to have used his Soda Stream to carbonate milk (note: we are not endorsing this idea). We bought a few extra plastic bottles so we would never run out and be forced to drink non-fizzy water (the horror!). Along with our dog and cat, the Soda Stream is a well-loved member of our household.
on May 5, 2015
I do not drink any sweet sodas but I love carbonated water.
I tossed out the syrups that came with this ( I don't like the sugars or the sugar substitutes, they are not healthy) and have been exprimenting with things like the ULTIMA Replenisher: see: http://www.amazon.com/Ultima-Replenisher-Raspberry-90-Serving-Canister/dp/B000KK5DWA as well as just plain lemon/lime juice/concentrate.

This will "Heavily" carbonate water! Cold Chilled water works best, filtered or non it will all be well carbonated.
If you flavor it with a powder such as ULTIMA I recommend you make a condensed liquid from it before adding it. The powder does not like to dissolve in the carbonated water and you will have chunks floating around.

Rembmer: flavorings go in AFTER you carbonate the water! Don't worry, there will be plenty of fizz!!

I love using the Organic Cherry/Cranberry concentrates with this for a healthy great tasting and satisfying flavored soda without the added sugars!! see: http://www.amazon.com/Only-Natural-Cranberry-Concentrate-32-ounce/dp/B004JHT37Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1430840421&sr=1-1&keywords=Cranberry+concentrate These work GREAT in this machine!!

Using your own concentrates will save you money!
on January 10, 2013
Okay - I bought this as a gadget for myself. I have LOVED it. It far exceeded my expectations. It is super simple and works well. It is quick too! The water is very carbonated (I was afraid it might have just one or 2 bubbles - and not be very good - but I was wrong!!) I have some advice though. I do NOT like the original flavors that were in the sample pack that came with this. They ALL have splenda in them - even the non-diet ones. I hate splenda and other artifical sweetners - I think they leave a funny aftertaste. I found out that SodaStream makes "sparkling naturals" which are made with real sugar. We love those - but they do cost more - you will not save money, but you gain convenience! I also really like the "mywaters" - zero calories, no artifical sweetner and just a hint of fruity taste. A local restaurant near us uses carbonated water 16 oz. with 2 oz of freshly squeezed juice (I like grapefruit juice) and makes a wonderfully refreshing drink - you can do this type of drink with this machine. Again, won't save you money - but it's super simple, convenient and good tasting (except for the splenda stuff).
on July 14, 2013
I love this product and can only ponder "How did I go so long without it"? I know we need water but I get bored with tasteless tap water. So i tend to drink too much soda or juice. This machine infuses regular water with CO2 and gives you seltzer taste without sugar or calories. The problem is that the canister of CO2 has to be refilled after so many bottles of seltzer water are produced (just how many you get from one canister is a matter of some dispute amongst users). I am fortunate --- I have a neighbor who provides me refills at no cost. Bed, Bath and Beyond provides swaps of filled canisters for your empty one at $10-$15 a pop (depending on the coupon you have) but this is costly and requires a trip to the store. Keep the refill issue in mind when you consider whether you want this.
on May 1, 2015
This soda steam works great. The taste is wonderful and it is so much better for the environment. Our number of recycled plastic bottles in now down to zero. We can easily refill the gas at Bevmo or Bed Bath and Beyond for $15-$20 when it is time. We have been using this SodaStream for over a month and are very happy with it.
on April 26, 2012
I've had this for a while now, and I can safely say it is my favorite kitchen appliance...even beating out the Nespresso!

I love that it's very simple in nature, without any unnecessary bells and whistles. It's easy to install new cartridges, and the button press feel is good. It's easy to see how it should be used, and even easier to do so.

There are fancier models for more money, but this one does exactly what it's supposed to--carbonates water. I'm a fan.
on October 22, 2015
I have purchased two of these and on both of them the button broke within a couple months. Purchased on Amazon from CONSUMERSAVVY and neither Soda Stream or CONSUMERSAVVY would back the product. Waist of time and money. I will never buy from either of those companies again.
on April 16, 2012
This is the second SodaStream I've personally owned, and the fourth I've purchased. We have the Penguin at home and have bought two others as gifts. Now it was time to "gift myself" with one at work.
When I caught myself buying sparkling water with lunch each day and then seeing the plastic bottles line up, I knew it was time to make another purchase and that within two and a half months my investment would be paid for. I love SodaStream and think they are missing a major market of those that are not interested in the additive flavorings, yet are still interested in a quality product to create great tasting sparkling water without adding too much to their landfill.
My co-workings do snicker a little when I offer them sparkling water with lime, but it's only because they are jealous that they don't have their own (yet).
on May 13, 2013
We have really been enjoying our Soda Stream! Carbonating water to make chocolate egg creams has been a HUGE hit. This is great for picnics. Just pack a variety of flavors and your soda stream. Prefill the sodastream bottles with water and put them in your cooler. When you are at your picnic.you an quickly make a variety of sodas for everyone. No wasted half consumed cans! Pour a cup, cap the bottle and put it back in the cooler. A real money saver, and the kids love piking their flavors and watching you make their sodas for them!!
I ordered the extra 3 pack of bottles so that I can keep a variety of soda flavors in the fridge. The sodastream is going to save you a lot of money and will eliminate soda waste if you have kids.
on January 2, 2017
It's easy to assemble and to operate but unpleasant to use. The carbonization featured sucks horribly. The soda syrups that accompanied the order left a nasty after taste. After three uses, we packed it up to return it, only to discover that the item was not eligible for return/refund. Very disappointed as this was something my family was really looking forward to.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.