Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "SodaStream Source Sparkling Water Maker Starter Ki...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 32% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
SodaStream Source Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit, Black
|Price:||$75.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$24.00 (24%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Starter Kit Includes: Source Sparkling Water Maker, 1 Liter BPA-free Reusable Carbonating Bottle, Mini CO2 Carbonator, Free 60-liter carbonator mail in rebate that can be redeemed at over 10,000 locations
- Choose from over 40 better-for-you regular, diet, and naturally flavored SodaStream mix varieties with no high-fructose corn syrup and no aspartame
- Requires no electricity or batteries
- 2 year warranty
- For troubleshooting and warranty information please call 800-763-2258
|Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Love Your Water
SodaStream allows you to turn plain water into sparkling water in an instant. With SodaStream, you have the flexibility to create your own sparkling drinks by adjusting the fizziness and flavor level to your personal taste.
Drink 43% More Water
SodaStream users consume 43% more water and water-based drinks than average Americans. That's about 3 more glasses of water per day per person!*
*US Water study 2014: Toluna, A leading market research firm. conducted the survey online with 3,680 nationally representative U.S. adults ages 18+ between November 2 - November 8, 2014.
Use Fewer Bottles
SodaStream owners save an average of 550 plastic bottles a year. In the US alone, the recycling rate of plastic beverage bottles is only 37%, meaning that 52 billion plastic bottles end up in landfills, parks or oceans every year. Each refillable SodaStream carbonating cylinder makes up to 60 liters of delicious sparkling water, replacing 120 single-use plastic bottles. Actively reduce your environmental footprint by making sparkling water at home. Eliminate single-use plastic bottles and cans from your home and from the planet!
Sparkling Drink Mixes
Create your own flavored fizzy drinks at home with our Sparkling Drink Mixes and Soda Mixes.
Compare to similar items
This item SodaStream Source Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||White||Black/Silver||Black||Black and Silver||White|
The Source Sparkling Water Maker makes carbonating water easy with the quick snap-lock bottle insertion and LED fizz indicator. The sophisticated and sleek design fits nicely into any home décor. This kit includes everything you need to make fresh sparkling water in your own home.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Easy to use. Since it was used, it didn't include any direction booklet, but the directions were written on top of the machine, and I had no difficulty getting it to work.
2. Air tight! During carbonation I couldn't hear or see any signs of leaking between the bottle and the machine. I didn't see any water leaking or hear any hissing, so it looks like all the CO2 is going directly in the bottle. The next step would be a soap bubble test to verify this.
3. You control the amount of carbonation based on how long you push down on the machine. If you let go at the first LED, it's low carbonation, 2nd LED gives you medium carbonation, and the 3rd LED gives you high carbonation. I tried at all 3 LEDs and got the expected level of carbonation all 3 times.
1. New ones are expensive and you can read up on the cost/benefit analysis in some of the other reviews. If you want to make soda cheaper, then you may not want to invest in this product. If you want to have carbonated water available at your convenience, then this is perfect. I fall in the latter category, so it's worth it for me. I like to make my own fruity flavorings :).
To mitigate some of the cost of the proprietary CO2 canisters, I took advantage of my homebrewing equipment. Standard kegging equipment includes a 5lb CO2 canister, which is A LOT bigger than the tiny proprietary canisters that SodaStream wants you to buy. I can't quanitfy how much larger because my CO2 is measured in weight, and SodaStream measures in volume. Anyway, these are expensive up front (around $80), but refills are about $15-20 at the local welding shop (yes, this is food safe. It's meant for beer kegs). Then, I went on eBay and found someone selling a hose with the right connectors on it (this was about $60). This set up also worked like a champ! Pictures are attached. You could probably put the hose and connectors together for a cheaper price (the proprietary side is about $20-50 depending on where you buy), but I wanted to go with something I knew would work.
Buying a used Soda Stream and the connectors put me out about $100. It'll take me about a year to get my money back, but considering how frequently I use it, and the convenience, I'm extremely happy with my purchase.
The only negatives i have found so far are as follows:
-When the cartridge is near the end I find that i have to carb longer to achieve the desired carbonation (i think this makes sense)
-The manual says to use cold water but when i use water that is too cold, say from a water cooler, you can see water freeze at the nozzle that is submersed in the bottle and prevent air from going in. Here again you need to carb longer. I have started using water not as cold and it seems to help.
All in all works great.