Salon Beauty Summer Reading Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(1 star). See all 587 reviews
on February 17, 2017
Works periodically. I can not recommend this to anyone.
on February 7, 2016
OK I didn't expect to like the syrups, I didn't really get it for that. I got it to carbonate water. I got the more expensive version because I was hoping it would be a superior product but everything about this is cheaply made. The syrups are of course awful which again is not really surprising because they are intentional knockoffs of popular soda. I intended to use this to make carbonated juice etc. I never got that far because this failed to even properly carbonate water. I mean I tried repeatedly carbonating the same bottle. Different cartridges etc, just flat barely carbonated water that goes flat (even flatter) fast. I would probably be better off just shaking a bottle of plain water vigorously hoping for the best and come out with better results.
2 people found this helpful
on July 11, 2015
I have owned similar Sodastream products in the past that have been fine; so I know how they are supposed to perform. This one, however, takes too many pumps to get good carbonation, so the gas cylinders don't last as long as they should and per liter cost goes way up. Called Sodastream and they said their products sold by Empire are not covered under warranty (gray market?). I contacted Empire and got no reply.
on July 5, 2015
I have had a sodastream for years and have really enjoyed it. I bought three of this particular model as gifts for different family members. This past weekend I was at my mother's house and attempted to carbonate a bottle of water, the way I have for years and hundreds of times, and the bottle exploded. Luckily I was not hurt but if there were someone around me they could have been because the bottle parts flew in different directions. I am contacting the company directly, but I would not by this particular model if I were you.
One person found this helpful
on June 19, 2015
I am not satisfied with this sodastream product. It is a waste of money. Not only did it not include any sample flavorings but the machine doesn't produce many bubbles. No matter how many times I infuse the water with CO2, the water doesn't get bubbly. I've used other sodastreams and have never had an issue with the water not bubbling. This machine is CRAP!! I do not recommend this machine or brand to anyone.
on June 14, 2015
My kit did NOT include the sample pack as listed.
on May 9, 2015
I am not sure what all the buzz (pun intended) about this product comes from.

There have been perfectly good soda maching machines on the market since the 70s- you put in a little cartridge and pull a little metal lever and the water in a large bottle is filled with bubbles. All metal parts, little cheap disposable or recycleable cartridges, and a glass bottle.

This machine replaces that hardy simplicity with a bunch of easy to break plastic parts, a plastic bottle and a giant carbon dioxide tank that costs $20 each time you need a new one instead of little $1 cartridges.

In theory, it is cheaper to buy one big $20 tank than a bunch of $1 cartridges. In practice, your $20 tank leaks out before you ever make more than a few bottles of bubbly water. So you end up spending $20 for a few bottles of bubbly water, which sit in plastic bottles collecting god knows what plastic byproducts from the bottle plastic.

Save your money and buy a good old fashioned SODA SIPHON like normal people have been using for decades made out of simple metal and glass that wont have parts break off or leak expensive giant CO2 into the air.
on February 7, 2015
Too big, takes up too much counter space. Don't know how it works and can't return it.
on January 15, 2015
The machine broke after a month of use.
on December 8, 2014