Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 654 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 711 reviews
on December 19, 2015
Worked great on my leather boots. See the before/after picture I have posted.

I did not notice any smell, good or bad.

Be careful not to put too much on your leather; a little bit goes a long way. You have to wipe off the excess after you apply it, so if you apply too much, it's just more to wipe off later.
review image
on January 29, 2014
I've never used Mink Oil for leather shoes or boots before so I can't say how this compares to big name brands like Kiwi, but this sure did everything Mink Oil should do as far as I know. It went on to my boots nicely, and dried in a little less than a day. The result is a boot that repels water and resists salt stains. The oil itself even has a pleasant smell.
on February 18, 2014
The oil meets my expectation. It helps keep water out. The leather on my boot seemed to stay dried, no longer soaked wet.
on November 16, 2016
Excellent product! Goes on and wipes off very easy. It is exactly the same type of product that other expensive brands use, but this one is greatly priced. It does darken the leather a little at first, but my shoes when back to the original color once it dried...Definitely would buy this product again.
on January 4, 2016
If you follow the directions on the can, you will not be disappointed.

I just bought a pair of Hi-Tec Men's Altitude V I Hiking Boots, so I promptly bought this Mink Oil to help ease the break in period and also to prevent cracks.
I will also be using this product on my leather work gloves so they will not get stiff and fail.

As the other reviews and the directions on the can states, test a hidden area on your leather products to make sure this product does not stain yor leather severely. A little darkening should be expected, but it shouldn't be to dramatic on darker shades.

What I see as being funny while making this review is that the seller or Amazon listed this product as footwear instead of leather accessories, so I was also asked how this Mink Oil fits. :D
on June 8, 2017
For those of us in the workforce who wear leather boots in all weather, and have done so for years, we know how nice, and important it is to 1, take care of our boots, and 2, keep your feet dry.

To those just entering that workforce, first, welcome! Second, now that you have your boots, the secret to keeping them for years, nice, supple, and looking good, is oil and clean them.

This will take care of your oiling needs, and help with break in time. Your feet will thank you.

To keep them dry, sure, you can try other sealers, or preservers, but they won't last long. This stuff is a true blue water proofer for leather, and the only one I buy, or recommend.

As a bonus, boot stink? Ha! Not for me! My misses doesn't complain one bit with this good stuff!

To each their own though, and good luck!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 8, 2017
I purchased this to bring some color back into a pair of hiking shoes that washing had faded out. If only I'd applied this when they were new it likely would have preserved the color when I washed them. The product smooth's onto the leather easily and after five minutes I wiped off what little excess there was.

The mink oil left the color darker than the original color of the shoes, but they look like new so I'm satisfied. After a day or so they lightened up slightly.

The can is a little hard to open but other then that I'm happy with the purchase.
review image
on April 3, 2017
this oil is great for leather boots and shoes. I used it on my leather boots I bought recently and put on 3 coats. you can use a stream from a hose and it doesn't leak. it takes a while to do but the effort is worth the results. after oiling, the boots become softer and easier to break in. you also get the classic wrinkles/crease within a day, but that makes it easier to walk.
on July 21, 2015
This doesn't even smell like the mini oil I'm used too, but it does do its job! I substrates one star because I'm not sure it's the same product I've been using for years.

I want to thank all those wonderful people who write reviews, I always read your reviews and rely on them heavily before making a purchase! Thank you so very much!
on December 17, 2015
Last winter, I learned that Idaho winters are very capable of ruining perfectly good leather shoes. This winter, I've decided to try Mink Oil.

So far, the results are spectacular. After a wet fall and two-snowfalls, the chukka's I wear just about every day are looking great. I've been applying mink oil about every 2-3 weeks, and it absolutely works. No salt-stains, no water-stains, and my feet stay much, much drier.

The initial application probably took maybe 5-minutes per shoe. Now when I do a refresh, the whole process takes just 2-3 minutes.

If you wear leather shoes, and you live someplace where it rains or snows, you need Mink Oil in your life.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.