Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on June 3, 2015
These laces were replacements for my original laces on Timberland boots. The 60" length is the perfect replacement, and the design of the laces is great. The laces are heavy and sturdy and feel like they will last a long time. The only downside to this whole deal was the price, which was about twice the suggested price shown on the packaging. I highly recommend these if you are looking for good boot laces. The ends are sealed with the plastic as you would expect them to be.
review image
Top Contributor: Cookingon January 12, 2014
I bought these laces to replace the ones that came with my boots several years ago. I was looking for something cheap and basic to replace what I had, but I didn't realize that the laces I had on my previous boots were actually of decent quality. These laces are your basic black lace. They aren't particularly thick, they don't have an inner core (at least not a big one), but they do the job. I bought the 60 inch laces for my short boots (like a high-top shoe with 2 set of hooks above the ankle) and they fit well. I'm only giving 3 stars because they are already starting to fray a little about 2 weeks after purchase. I expect I will have to replace them in a few months, but then again they only cost a few dollars.
on December 12, 2014
Garbage laces, I bought these laces Dec 2 2014, and returned one broken and one near broken on Dec 10 2014. These laces are quite thin and as the other reviews state the ends would be an issue, however the laces didn't hold up long enough for the end to fray. I had these laces in a pair of wolverine low cut boots, that have 5 eyelets on either side and no hooks, these boots are not hiking boots that I would yank on to provide ankle support. They are one step up from a pair of tennis shoes. Laces began fraying and falling apart after first day. Laces would probably be ok in a dress shoe, but not in any boots.
on February 17, 2012
The laces have heat melted ends instead of covered ends. I barely got them through the boot eyelets because the ends were separating into fluff. Also the laces are outer sleeve-over-a-inner tube lace and the two parts slip freely at the ends making a balled plug at the eyelet when you try to pull them out.
I am using them rather than suffering a return.
Finally, I believe Amazon ripped me on shipping as I had over $25 in eligible items and still paid for shipping on these laces. Watch out!
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 27, 2016
This is a shoelace review, not a shoe review. The replacement shoe laces fit my ankle-high hiking boots. The prior laces became frayed and were not easy to tie. The replacement laces are crisp and fit nicely through the boot's eye holes.
on June 10, 2014
First, I have to say, these laces are heavy-duty. Very thick, and very strong. They're a great replacement for worn-out or poor-quality stock laces. They also grip very well and, when the correct size is ordered, only require a single bow to make them short enough. They're very grippy, although they may require a secondary knot on top to ensure they are secure through heavy use, as many boot laces do.

The only bad aspect is that their thickness can create a major problem fitting them to some boots. I had a very difficult time fitting the ends through the eyelets of my Lowa Renegade GTX boots. I got them through, but not without considerable effort. Some people may not be able to get them through at all. They also require a bit more care in lacing up to ensure they are securely in the hooks.

I notice that other reviewers have complained about the ends unraveling. I did not experience this. Mine were solid despite having to be forced through the eyelets. However, I will note that this is a common problem with many laces, particularly as they get older. The solution is simple and works for all laces: cauterize the ends with a lighter.

All in all, they're an excellent lace, and a great replacement for the horrible laces that came with my boots. I should have replaced them long ago.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2013
These look fine, except the tips of the laces were very off-center and jagged. This probably isn't the case for all of them, but I seem to have a bad pair and it's not worth the trouble to return them.
review image
on September 8, 2013
I've been wearing these for a couple months now. The only complaint I have is that the ends/tips retract inside of the lace like a frightened turtle. Durable so far.
on February 6, 2012
My trusty work boots have a habit of eating laces, and after wearing through the factory laces in two places, and a replacement set of laces from a local store, I bought a set of these. So far, so good. Nice and thick, so they should hold up well.

I have to ding them one star because the material is a bit too "slick" to hold a knot well. I find myself re-tying my boots more often than with previous laces unless I remember to get them tied really tight. Much better than having to deal with snapped laces when you need to get on with a project, though, and it's not a very big deal for the price.

Get the right length - my original laces were way too long and were always in the way, so I got a shorter length with the replacement laces and they stay out of the way nicely.
on March 5, 2017
These are not work boot laces. They would work great on a set of dr martens but not on a boot that is exposed to harsh environments
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.