Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Soft Claws Red Cat Nail Caps
|Price:||$15.85 & FREE Shipping|
- Protect homes against destructive scratching by applying Soft Claws Nail Caps to kittens nails
- This is simple, non-surgical alternative to declawing
- Easy-to-apply caps last 4-6 weeks and will not interfere with pet's normal behavior
- Feline take-home kit includes 40 nail caps, adhesive, 6 applicator tips and instructions
- Measures 6-4/5-inch length by 5-inch width by 1-1/2-inch height, available in medium size with red color
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Feline soft claws nail caps take-home kit helps customers protect their homes against destructive scratching by applying soft claws nail caps to their pets' nails. A great add-on to your routine professional nail care. This is simple, non-surgical alternative to declawing. Easy-to-apply caps last 4-6 weeks and will not interfere with pet's normal behavior. Non-toxic nail caps are safe if swallowed. Feline take-home kit includes 40 nail caps, adhesive, 6 applicator tips and instructions. Steps for application - Trim the tips of cat's nails. Fill nail caps 1/3 full with adhesive. Extend nails by gently pressing on top with the index finger on the bottom of the paw. Observe cat for five minutes before release. Approximately 9-13 pounds. Most adult average size cats wear medium. Measures 6-4/5-inch length by 5-inch width by 1-1/2-inch height. Available in medium size with red color.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
Soft Claws for Cats - CLS (Cleat Lock System), Size Medium, Color Blue
Feline Soft Claw Nail Caps, Medium, Blue Sparkle
Brostown 100Pcs Cat Nail Caps Claws Soft Paws of 5 Colors with Adhesive Glues Applicators Instructions (M)
Soft Claws for Cats, Size Medium, Color Pink Glitter
Soft Claws Feline Soft Claw Nail Caps - Black - Medium
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||$3.49||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Litterboy Products - For Pets and People||ValuePetSupplies||Cellar_Door_Books||Brostown Technology||Cellar_Door_Books||Litterboy Products - For Pets and People|
|Color||Red||Blue||Blue Sparkle||5 Different Color||Pink Glitter||Black|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 2.68 x 1.5 in||5 x 6.8 x 1.8 in||5 x 6.5 x 1.8 in||—||—||5 x 6.8 x 1 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So here's my story:
My sweet kitten just turned one in June and was getting/ tearing up everything! Trimming his nails didn't help, a big scratching post didn't work. Absolutely nothing helped. My fiancé started to push for us to declaw him just because, the cat was getting very out of hand. However, since I'm not big on declawing I went to the Internet! These are what I've found!
I've ordered both a small and a medium of these and have found that medium work best. Id say if the cat is younger than one get small, any older it's best to get medium.
-Basically what these are, are rubber caps that go onto your cats nail. They do not hurt them and for the most part the glue holds strong. It's a special glue that won't hurt the animals nails. Nor will it damage anything. They are still able to use their nails however, they arnt nearly as sharp.
- I've noticed on some of these reviews they complain the nails don't stay long enough or stay on to long. I have had a situation with both. I have learned it truly varies on two things: how much glue you put into the nail and how fast your cat's nails grow. Be sure to trim the cat's nails before putting the nail caps on that way they get the longest life span possible. Sometimes, My cat will lose a nail cap after a week of me putting them on. This has nothing to do with the product. It just means my cat was to fidgety and I didn't put as much glue as I needed too. Some of the nails are different sizes. So make sure that the bigger ones go on the bigger nails (obviously).
- There was one time that I had notice my cat had two nails stuck longer than any of his other nail caps ( about two months). I had already replaced all the other ones at least once. However, those two were stuck like some of the horror stories suggested in previous reviews. To be honest it isn't a huge deal. It just means for some reason they stuck better. I learned that to get those two nails that were "super stuck" off. All you have to do it get a cotton ball with nail remover on it and rub the cats stuck nail cap until it pops off. It took only a matter of minutes. Also, it is notable to mention the glue dries very quickly. I've learned not to put the glue cap back on. Otherwise, you will never be able to open the glue again. I just put it in a sandwhich bag away from everything until my next use.
Also, it does NOT rip out the nail!!! What you see when the nail falls off is dried glue that came up when it fell off the cats nails.
Overall, I highly recommend this product to anyone considering to buy it. I've only had to buy two packages in all the months I've been using this product. Great price for the quantity and quality!
1. trimming the cat's claws awhile before beginning with the Softclaws
2. trimming the back of the Softclaw tip slightly so the cat's nails can still retract a bit
3. using bright color Softclaw to tell when a tip has fallen off
4. not filling the Softclaw tip completely with glue so the glue doesn't overflow into cat's fur
5. setting up all trimmed and glued Softclaw tips all at once then putting them on the cat's nails all at once.
My cat doesn't mind the Softclaws and is still able to knead at everything without damaging my furniture. I use the Softclaws on her her 4 primary nails on each front paw. I replace the ones that have fallen off about every 2 weeks.
The next morning when all 5 were still on I decided to do the other paw, and did it the same way. It's been 3 days and so far she's only gotten one off, but the others are all secure. I am very pleased, and it wasn't nearly as hard to get them on her as I thought it was going to be!