Amazon Business World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 23 reviews
on October 29, 2011
I would like to start this review by saying that i rarely write them. I only write them when I feel strongly about a product. When my daughter started sitting up by herself I searched high and low for a mat that would be safe for her to play on without me having to be on top of her to make sure that she doesn't fall over. The foam mats are safe but they don't really break the fall of new sitter and they can get startled and upset even if they don't really hurt themselves. Well I've have this mat for a few months now and my daughter rarely falls now, but back when she did I am so glad that she had the soft spot to fall on. It's also super portable to I bring it to her grandparents house and they always remark about how cool it is. I just put her in the middle of the mat and bring out toys and sit right next to her, not in back of her, which is nice. I'm a pediatric occupational therapy and I think that falling is a way for babies and children to learn about their bodies, so I wanted my daughter to fall and be safe rather then me catching her everytime she fell. I know this product is expensive but it is well worth it. If you are the type of parent who likes to get down on the floor and play with their child this is perfect too bc it's basically a comfortable mat. Sometimes after work I'm exhausted and shell just sit next to me while I lie down next to her and read her a book or push a button on her toy and everyone is comfortable and safe. I can keep going, but I won't bc this is the longest review I have ever written! But seriously, I couldn't recommend a product more.
on August 26, 2013
I ordered the Wozzy because of the positive reviews but i was so disappointed i sent it back!
There are 4 main reasons:
Firstly the size is too small for a baby that moves around. My son isnt crawling yet but he is rolling and moving and learning to sit up. So i thought this mat would be good as its padded etc... But no, my baby rolls off in 2 mins as it too small. It takes 2 rolls and boom he is on the floor. I suppose if your baby is 3-6 months, not active and you just want a padded area to lay them down then this is for you.

Secondly the material is horrid, it is padded but its NOT soft at all. Its not breathable so my baby sweated on the padding if he was on it for more than 10 mins. I laid down on the mat with him and when i got up i was sweating on my back! I even bought the giraffe cover to see if that helped but it did not.

Thirdly it is supposed to be good for travel, to take to a friends house etc.. Well i tried to fold it up as directed but it doesn't fold flat with a cover on it. I had it folded for about an hour then when i opened it up again it was bent, wouldn't lay flat to the ground. It was bending up at the sides. Also it weighs to much to carry around.

And lastly, as you fold it out flat on the floor there is one section you velcro to make it into a circle, it is a line that goes from the center of the circle to the edge, this part is hard. So when your on the mat there is a hard ridge sticking through. My son would roll on it and not be happy so when i would pick him up it was because his head rolled on the hard bit.

So all in all not a good product for a 6 month old and totally not worth the money!
on March 10, 2014
The SoftSpot is great! We have used our SoftSpot daily since our baby was one month old. They are great for laying, tummy time and sitting. The padding is thick and durable. It cleans easily with a wet wipe or washcloth. We did not purchase a cover, but simply place a sheet over the SoftSpot when in use.
on January 22, 2011
We have been using the play mat since my son first began sitting up unassisted. If he falls over on this, he never cries because it's just enough padding to prevent the "owie" that he would get on the carpet. I can imagine that we will use this for years to come.
on October 31, 2013
This mat is wonderful. Our 3 month old loves to have a soft spot to do tummy time in our house. We have hardwood floors so its great to open up anywhere without worry. Also it is great for travel.
on August 2, 2013
Hands-down the BEST playmat available!! Don't settle for those goofy-looking, uncomfortable mats for your pride-and-joy, spend the dough and get them something they'll BEG to spend time on!!
on March 3, 2016
For the cost, you would think this was made better, after less than a year, it began bursting at the seams. Now, these is a huge hole where the seam used to be in various places, and the foam under is exposed. Not worth the money if it can't last even a year
on August 24, 2011
Love love love the SoftSpot! My little one is just learning to sit up by herself and she's pretty good for a while but eventually falls over. Last week, I had her on a blanket next to me on the hardwood floor while I was working. She'd sit for a while but then would fall to the side or tip over, hit her head, and of course start crying. This happened twice in about one hour and that's when I went on amazon and found the SoftSpot. I got it with the giraffe print cover which is super soft and cozy. She's been playing on the SoftSpot all week and loves it! I plop her right in the middle, she falls over, and she's totally fine. No bonks, no crying. The mat is really thick so it cushions any fall. It's also portable which is super convenient. Fold it into fourths and you're ready to travel. I've taken it to my office and friend's houses and it's great. This is a must-have for anyone with a baby who's starting to be active!
on February 19, 2014
Very pricey and not that impressed. We have a 5 month old that has begun rolling everywhere and since our entire home is tile we needed a soft place for him to play. I was excited for this item to arrive and when it did I was less then impressed. Yes it is cushioned but the seam that it velcros together with is hard and when my child's face rolled over onto it he cried when he hit it. (We also purchased a velour cover for it) Another thing is it is not that big so if your baby is rolling back and forth he can easily roll off the mat. It is a few inches off the ground so if he were to roll off the mat he could really hurt his head. I purchased a different mat and now this one is folded up in the closet. Probably better for a dog then a baby.
on January 13, 2015
Loved it!!! We have concrete floors so this is the perfect spot to keep toys and to lay down the baby when we need too. We travel with it everywhere - just nice to always have a comfortable spot for our baby to play

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.