Sojing 020A-U Silent Electric Classical Guitar
|Sale:||$165.00 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$134.00 (45%)|
- Patented silent acoustic electric classical guitar with nylon strings
- Allowing player to practice in a noisy or noise restricted environment using earphones
- Volume and tone switch controls for adjusting to your comfort sound level
- Covered truss rod, detachable frames easy traveling
- Can be connected to an amplifier or P.A. system for live performance
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The more I play it, the more I like it. And friends who hear it are impressed with the sound quality.
One also must consider: is there a competitive product that does a good job at this price level? Not that I've seen.
The choice is basically this unit at a low cost, or far more expensive units (such as the Yamaha at around $600), or build your own; there aren't a lot of "silent nylon" guitars on the market. That factor figures in heavily to rating this guitar.
I'll cover the major things first, then get into details:
* RESONANCE. The body is amazingly resonant. I don't know what kind of wood it's made of, but you can barely tap the front of the guitar below the bridge and feel it all the way up the neck. I would love to know what wood they used to achieve that.
* GOOD AMP SOUND. The sound through a quality amp is very good... but since it is totally electric the sound of the guitar will be no better than the amp. Cheap amp = cheap sound. Good amp = good sound. The guitar is capable of producing very good sound.
* SHARP UPPER FIN. The upper fin of the guitar is sharpish and tends to dig into the chest; it's most uncomfortable. I'm going to have to pad the back of it.
* USE QUALITY HEADPHONES. One will need a quality pair of headphones to use with this system. The included headphones (or most low-cost headphones) will sound too "crisp" and poweful. To properly use headphones one can either use quality headphones, a headphone preamp jack such as the Joyo, or run headphones from the AMP. Any of these methods will work.
* I've never purchased a guitar that didn't need "modding", no matter what the price.Read more ›
Got my joyo acoustic preamp in - much, much better tone. I'd actually compare it favorably to the $600 Yamaha silent guitar. Also to get rid of background noise, a volume control cable is a MUST. I'm finally happy with this guitar with the $13 joyo preamp and the 97 cent inline volume control cable I got from Radioshack (one time deal I got locally). I feel that these upgrades are necessary if you want to enjoy this guitar, but with them I can give this guitar a 4 star instead of the 3 I gave initially.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Is a perfect guitar to rehearse alone without noise for others, especially at night. Good product for this use and affordable price.Published 18 months ago by Peter McClelland
Arrived set up and ready to play, maybe some bridge filling later..but perfectly playable. Frets are not rusted as someone commented.. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Jeff Wulf