- File Size: 134 KB
- Print Length: 47 pages
- Publisher: Ethereal Publications (August 6, 2011)
- Publication Date: August 6, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005GAMMMI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#713,787 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #317 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Transformational
- #565 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Spiritual Healing
- #1779 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
Solace: Readings for Transforming Childhood Trauma Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
In my early thirties, having acknowledged the consequences of my own childhood trauma, I spent the next twenty years recovering from the effects of sexual, physical and emotional abuse that had permeated every aspect of my life. The quest to heal my broken spirit caused me to explore many different methods for healing which, ultimately, demonstrated to me that the more subtle and gentle approaches were by far the most successful in helping to traverse the frightening terrain.
In “Solace, Readings for Transforming Childhood Trauma,” the author gently takes the hand of the reader and, without confrontation or expectation, assists them in moving through the various stages of awareness, grief and recovery. Unlike their childhood when victims have rarely been allowed personal choice or control, Dr. Oaks demonstrates respect for the reader’s boundaries, allowing them the choice to explore their inner world and the healing possibilities at their own individual pace. Reading her heartfelt and beautiful poetry, the reader begins to commiserate with the invisible writer causing the door to their own inner voice to open. Words and feelings that may have gone unspoken or even acknowledged for years come to the surface in a cathartic release. This connection breaks the wall of silent isolation; someone has acknowledged their pain and heard their cry. Throughout the process, Dr. Oaks never abandons the reader in a stagnant quagmire, but instead carefully guides the experience forward from awareness, through release and into inspiration for a better future.
Unlike many recovery books, as I read “Solace” I was not forced to endure grueling personal scrutiny, therapeutic analysis and labeling, nor did I need to relive every inch of my painful past. Instead, I felt as though I was taking a quiet stroll with a good friend into a field of truth and awakening. I was not alone and I was safe. Over the horizon, looking toward the future, any good thing was possible.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age & Spirituality > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Spiritual Healing
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Transformational