Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Portable infrared grill with electronic push-button ignition; uses 1 pound propane cylnders (larger tank with optional adapter)
- 155 square inches of grilling space (fits eight 4-inch hamburgers); 14,000 BTU/hour; 61.1 Infrared Intensity Index
- Stainless steel (commercial grade) welded construction; bottom rails accept a variety of Solaire accessory mounts
- V-shape stainless steel grilling grids increase flavor while reducing flare-ups; includes carrying bag
- With lid down, grill measures 21 wide by 13 deep by 12 inches high; shipping weight 27 pounds; one year limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
- Real infrared ceramic and stainless steel burner with electronic push-button ignition
- 140 sq inches of grilling area
- 14,000 BTUs of infrared power
- Made from 20 gauge type-304 stainless steel
- Made in the USA
- 20 pounds
- Overall dimensions: 21” W x 12” H x 13” D
Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
The Solaire Anywhere lets you enjoy succulent, flavorful food anywhere you go.
Each Solaire grill has a "rocket under the hood" - the Solaire Infrared Burner. This superior burner gives you the high heat to lock in the juices for more tasty, flavorful food than you can ever get from a conventional barbecue grill.
Professional chefs demand high heat to create great taste - and now you can too with a Solaire Anywhere Infrared Grill. The Solaire Anywhere is perfect for tailgaters, picnics, RVs, camping, boating and balconies at only 20 pounds in the included carrying bag, which has pockets for three 1-pound propane bottles.
It is made from commercial quality stainless steel, has a stainless steel with honeycomb ceramic infrared burner beneath 155 square inches of grilling area and lights with a push-button rapid-spark electronic igniter.
Spring-loaded latches keep the lid closed during transportation. It operates out of the box on 1-pound propane bottles (not included), and can be used with larger BBQ propane tanks with our adapter hose accessory (item #SOL-SAHOSE6) or on natural gas with the natural gas conversion kit (item #SOL-SANGC).
The firebox is fully welded - no mechanical fasteners are used. Assembly of handles and regulator are all that is needed. Solaire is a grilling machine that gives you the great flavor of an intensely hot charcoal fire with the control, convenience, and consistency of gas.
Become the undisputed wizard of the campsite, the envy of your parking lot, and the hero of your family when you serve them juicier, more flavorful food then they've ever tasted from an ordinary grill.
Featuring the Solaire infrared burner
Quickly heats up in just three minutes to searing hot temperatures that gives you the great flavor of an intensely hot charcoal fire with the control, convenience & consistency of gas.
The secret to great grilling is high heat.
Professional chefs know that high heat is needed for superior results. The Solaire infrared grill burners deliver that high heat and have been featured on numerous TV shows for it's proven ability to produce the most succulent, natural-tasting, and delicious food.
Infrared is far superior to traditional gas or charcoal grilling, providing more even grilling for better-tasting food. Compared to traditional gas or charcoal grills, your food will cook 30% faster and will retain up to 35% more of its own natural juices, which produces incredibly tender and juicy results.
The infrared burners provide very even heat distribution across the grill, reducing the hot and cold spots often found on traditional gas or charcoal grills.
Cooking your food at a higher temperature on an infrared grill will instantly upgrade any burger or steak. Create restaurant-quality food with the Solaire Anywhere Portable Grill.
V-Grate Grilling Grids
The innovative shape designed to enhance flavor. Drippings from the food instantly incinerate when it hits the burner and returns to the food as flavor-enhancing smoke. The V-Shaped Grates also reduce flare ups.
Made in the USA. Fully welded all-type 304 stainless steel grill. Built to last.
Push-button rapid spark ignition. Uses 1 - AAA battery (included).
Uses 1 pound propane cylinders (not included). Larger propane tanks can be used with optional adapter, item #SOL-SAHOSE6.
Heats up fast. Ready to use in just 3 minutes.
Compare with similar items
Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef's Style Stainless Tabletop Grill
SUPERSPACE 2 Burner Stainless Steel BBQ Tabletop Propane Gas Grills, 20,000 BTU
Magma Products, A10-918-2GS Newport 2 Infra Red Gourmet Series Gas Grill, Polished Stainless Steel
Solaire Anywhere Portable Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Marine Grade Stainless Steel
Giantex Propane Gas Grill 2 Burner Stainless Steel BBQ TableTop Perfect For Camping, Picnics or any Outdoor Use
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||24Hrs ship (Top Seller)||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Giantex|
|Color||—||Stainless||Stainless||Polished Stainless Steel||—||Stainless|
|Item Dimensions||21 x 13 x 12 in||17 x 21.5 x 13.5 in||18.11 x 26 x 14.57 in||11.62 x 22.5 x 11.62 in||21 x 13 x 12 in||18 x 22 x 15 in|
|Material Type||stainless-steel||Stainless Steel||430 Stainless Steel||—||stainless-steel||430 Stainless Steel|
|Power Source||Propane||Propane||Propane||propane, natural_gas||Propane||Propane|
The Solaire Anywhere let's you enjoy succulent, flavorful food anywhere you go. Each Solaire grill has a "rocket under the hood" - the Solaire Infrared Burner. This superior burner gives you the high heat to lock in the juices for more tasty, flavorful food than you can ever get from a conventional barbecue grill. Professional chefs demand high heat to create great taste - and now you can too with a Solaire Infrared. The Solaire Anywhere is perfect for tailgaters, picnics, RVs, camping, boating and balconies at only 20 pounds in the included carrying bag, which has pockets for three 1-pound propane bottles. It is made from commercial quality stainless steel, has a stainless steel with honeycomb ceramic infrared burner beneath 155 square inches of grilling area and lights with a push-button rapid-spark electronic igniter. Spring-loaded latches keep the lid closed during transportation. It operates out of the box on 1-pound propane bottles (not included), and can be used with larger BBQ propane tanks with our adapter hose accessory (item #SOL-SAHOSE5) or on natural gas with the natural gas conversion kit (item #SOL-SANGC). The firebox is fully welded - no mechanical fasteners are used. Assembly of handles and regulator are all that is needed � five minutes tops. Solaire is a grilling machine that gives you the great flavor of an intensely hot charcoal fire with the control, convenience and consistency of gas. Become the undisputed wizard of the campsite, the envy of your parking lot, and the hero of your family when you serve them juicier, more flavorful food then they've ever tasted from an ordinary grill.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Packaging: Excellent: but for those people who complain about the difficulty of unpacking this Grill there is an alternative: Damaged In Transit. It is wrapped securely in cellophane and other parts are protected by thick cardboard cushioning that also keeps it secure while being tossed about when shipped. The parts do not rattle around in the box and everything was secure and placed in easy to find locations.
Setup and Assembly: Very simple under 10 minutes. Excellent instructions. Used one phillips screwdriver to assemble. It really is simple.
Quality: As soon as I unpacked it the grill say's "Quality" and I am pretty picky. As a I have invented and developed my own products for market, I immediately appreciated the effort put into the design of this simple, straight forward, highly functional grill. Simplicity and function is what all engineers and product developers try to achieve and the Solaire Anywhere design team certainly accomplished that. Even the carry bag that comes with it is well made and looks to be highly functional for those that will take this grill out on camping trips or tailgating. The grill is heavy for it's size due to the quality/quantity of stainless steel used in it's construction. The burner is identical in design to ones used in restaurants I have managed in the past. It is a reliable efficient design and puts out a tremendous amount heat for it's size.
Lighting: The electric ignition is smooth and functions well. Has started every-time without fail. Have not had any issues with burner losing flame in moderate winds in my backyard located in Northern California where the fog rushes up the valleys in the evenings.
Grilling: This is NOT a BBQ. It is a grill and functions excellent as one. Heat control is simple. High/Med/Low. I'm not sure of the level of expertise of those that have a hard time controlling the grills heat. I had no problems cooking a variety of food and will add more information on grilling techniques at the end of my review. I will say that it gets HOT fast! I really enjoy firing it up and can start grilling in 5 minutes or less! That is another reason I chose this grill. I was tired of the hassle of using coal. Not an easy switch for someone who used coal and wood smokers for the past 40 + years. Yes it does produce some smoke from the drippings that fall into the "V" shaped grate but that adds flavor and I had no problems with flare ups even while cooking Italian Sausage and Prime Grade (nicely marbled high fat content) Rib Eye Steaks. Do you get flare ups? Sure, but they burn off quickly and I have had none that left soot on my food, or that created unsightly discoloration or unwanted charring. One other note: When you cook with fire, you'll likely see smoke,
Cooking Area: I have a family of four and so grill capacity is fine for my purpose. There is enough room for 3 large rib eyes or easily 8 large chunk chicken kabobs or 8 large Italian Sausages. It is not designed for large groups, however the grill works fast enough to cook for larger groups, all you have to do is toss the the nicely grilled stakes in a warm oven.
Durability: I've only had this grill for 10 days and have used it 7 times. I suspect the quality of the product will stand the test of time and will update my review after more time passes.
Cleaning: Turn it on high and in 5 minutes it burns off any leftover stuff if you did not clean off after it's last use. A simple brass brush works great on the cooking grate. I bought the cleaning tool that Solaire makes to help clean the "V" shaped grate but it really is not needed. It is true that it does not have a removable drip pan and for me it's not a big deal. I simply lined the bottom with heavy duty tin foil and the burner holds it in place. Do be careful when doing this so you do not cover the venturi gas port. That is where the gas is mixed with air and goes into the burner. The surface of the grill is easy to clean with any common household cleaner. Stainless steel will stain, so get over it. If you expect grease or sauce not to discolor the SS when grilling in high heat then maybe your better off with sticking to the kettle type, black enamel BBQ's.
Grilling Revisited: As I mentioned above I want to pass along some of my grilling experience and techniques for using this grill (Yes, I know I have only used the grill 7 times). I mentioned before that I have used BBQ's and Slow Smokers for many years. I have also used open fire pits with oak for grilling. So I do have some experience, but am no Grill Master by any measurement. I'm not going to give you exact times for grilling because it is almost impossible to account for all variables like thickness, temperature of meat when starting, type of meat, fat content etc. etc. I can give you some tips though.
The number one important thing you should never do when grilling is walk away. Grilling is an art and a hands on endeavor. It is not BBQ or baking with an oven. Have your libation close at hand and invite your family and friends visit you while you grill. They will soon appreciate the care and interest you have in grilling them a wonderful tasty meal. Plus they come in handy when you need a refill!
1. Start the grill and let it sit on HIGH for 5 minutes and scrub the grate. Before I spout off, I do recommend spending some time reading the book that comes with the grill. It has great tips and will help you get started. And as with my tips below, these recommendations are only a start. Good grill masters didn't become grill masters over night. Please give the grill and you a break, don't get discouraged by some minor mistake, and you will truly enjoy this grill. I will start with grilling chicken, as this seems to be the food that causes the most issues for people.
2. If you are cooking boneless/skinless chicken breasts reduce heat to low (after initial warm up and cleaning) and wait a few minutes before you start. You can use canola or other oil to lightly coat the meat. I have found that with marinade I had no problems with sticking either (no oil). Flip every minute or two until done. Mine took 5-6 minutes.
3. For Chicken kabobs make sure you soak your skewers well (at least 30 min.) as they will want to burn. Other than that technique for breasts and kabobs are the same. I place the skewered chicken lengthwise so the meat is between the "V" grates. Gets them browning nicely then after the second turn I place them cross wise.
4. Satay chicken or thin chicken breast strips on skewers. This goes fast. 3-4 min. is what I've experienced. Turn and burn 1 min a side on low then check.
5. Italian Sausage. I start with medium heat and reduce it to low after the first turn. This gives them nice grill marks then lets them cook slowly enough so you don't end up with raw meat inside. Not good eats. Yes I do like Alton's sense of humor.
6. Frozen Burgers. You know the Mega Mart kind. I like to start at medium and move to the low setting for this also. Still gives nice grill marks and allows time for them to fully cook.
7. Prime Rib Eye Steaks. Start on high and form a partial crust with nice grill marks before turning the first time. Repeat for second side but before the crust is fully established on this side reduce heat to medium to allow the burner to start cooling. My steaks were 1 1/4" thick and they took about 8-9 minutes turning every 1-2. Excellent!
8. The key to sticking meat seems to be that people try and turn the food too soon. Allow a little crust to develop, which separates the meat from the grill surface, and the meat will easily come unstuck.
9. The coup de gras to anyone grilling! Boca Burgers. Now here I must admit I was intimated... a little. But I figured what the heck my daughter wanted one grilled so I gave it a try. I asked my wife to lightly brush both sides with canola oil. I cooked them on low. Kept checking for crust development and voila! Perfect. Low heat is key. 4 min max is what mine took. Had nice grill marks and my daughter gave me two thumbs up.
10. I have not cooked fish but I think Halibut or Salmon steaks etc. will be just as simple as the rest. Wouldn't bother with thin cuts. Don't like thin fish anyway, ha!
11. If you do not overload the grill the edges are far enough away from the burner to create "Safe Zones". I used them and they saved the day. If you feel the grilling is happening a little to fast you do have options and this one worked well for me. I do not recommend turning the burner off and on (as others have suggested) and I found that totally unnecessary. It is also a good way for you to create a minor blow out and ruin the burner if the gas hits a hot surface on the burner and rapidly ignites. Boom!
I recommend a hose and adapter that hooks to a 20 lb propane tank. They can be found at the local mega mart depot stores for under $20. Have not tried the 1 lb canisters so I don't know how long they'll last. I do know that the grill seems very efficient. Will update when I can say more.
Remember: Grilling is not only an art, but a hands on endeavor. Never leave a grill other than reaching down to the cooler for your favorite beverage. Have everything ready before you begin. And have fun with your friends and family. If you make a mistake they WILL forgive you and you WILL learn, as we all do, from our mistakes.
Sorry for the length of this review. I hope it is helpful to those who take the time to read it. The Solaire Anywhere Grill is not a cheap knock off made in China. It is the real deal. American Made, and priced within a targeted market range. I believe it is worth the money, it is well built, and it cooks awesome food. I am an Amazon Prime nut that goes here first for all my online shopping. I am not a representative of anyone but me and my loving family. I rarely do reviews but my wife was so impressed she encouraged me to make an exception and write this one. And remember the "Safe Zones" !
Heats up to full temperature in 2 minutes. Each camping size propane will last about 10 - 20 grilling sessions.
Perfect for searing and grilling steaks. New York Strip Steaks are done in 7 - 10 minutes. Don't forget to let the steak "rest" while covered in foil for 8 minutes after you take it off the grill.
I does take quite a bit of work to keep the the grill rack clean but cabinet and lid are pretty easy. Be sure to follow the instructions to do an after burn for 5 minutes to remove any built up grease on the infrared pad or you will void the warranty. A small price to pay.
After grilling leave it on high for around 5-8 min with cover closed and wipe off the grill grate later when cooled. The ceramic burner element will collect burned up dripping dust, so, just take it out and gently tap it while it's upside down to clean the burner (only while it's cool) and as needed.
Update: Still going strong after 5 years of cleaning as per the manufactures recommendations. The only grill that has ever survived Hawaii for 5 years of normal use. All others disintegrate after one year in salt air.
Most recent customer reviews
This grill was received as a Christmas present, after seeing the same model perform...Read more
For most of my life, I was a big Weber fan, from coals to gas, portable and kettle, and 3-burner.Read more