Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Solar Car - World's Smallest Solar Powered Car - Educational Solar Powered Toy
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on September 6, 2012
A quick video of my kids playing with the car.

They really enjoy it - it goes super fast and needs a smooth surface or it flips.
33 comments| 259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2011
This is from my 6 year old son:
"Car is really cool but the rubber around the wheels comes off easily and stops it from working. That's not a big problem because if it comes off it's easy to put back on. I really like the car. Also it needs the sun to run. A flashlight isn't bright enough to make it go."
99 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2011
We ordered two of these, and one seems to move a little more smoothly than the other, not sure why. You need a VERY strong flashlight to get these moving. But if you have a flashlight with a very strong bulb they move well on flat surfaces. The rubber on the tires can get wonky but so far we've been able to pop it back on easily. They are teeny tiny, smaller than a postage stamp. They are a fun little novelty.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2012
I knew it was small - but it is about the size of a quarter! Never the less these solar cars (bought 2) were a lot of fun for my 4 and 3 year old grandsons. They enjoyed racing them on the sidewalk in bright sun. One would stand blocking the sun to the cars until the cars were lined up and move away for the bright sun to hit them and the cars were off - they were fast little dynamos! You never knew where they would end up. Sometimes a grain of sand or small rock would turn the car slightly when the car hit it and they were off in a slightly different direction instead of straight ahead. The boys couldn't contain their laughter as the cars sped off in different directions and sometimes ended up upside down in a flower garden. Although fairly rugged working with little boys the solar cells eventually unstuck from the car base (you know how much you paid for them!) but pushing them back on the double sided tape they came with put them back in action. They are now on the toy shelf ready to go the next time the boys come over.
on September 9, 2011
I didn't know what to expect paying $3.00 for a little solar powered car, but I was very excited to see it in action. It is surprisingly fast in good sunlight...maybe 3 feet per second. I think kids would love racing them.

If you're deciding between these cars and the solar powered grasshoppers/roaches/spiders, definitely get these. The others are kind of disappointing because they just vibrate, whereas the cars "zoom."
on August 6, 2012
Bought it for my 5 year old. She totally loved it. Read the reviews before buying, a lot of which said the device did not work. Still decided to buy it as it is less than $2. It works just fine in BRIGHT sun light (as mentioned in the package). It does not work if the sun is covered by clouds or the ray is coming through trees or as such. I am glad I made this purchase. My 5 year old now knows what solar power is and how it can be used. The fun she is having with this is priceless. Will strongly recommand it for any pre-school kid.
on October 19, 2012
These things are tiny and really fast! We used them outside on the driveway and they just zipped along. We also had fun letting them race up our arms and on any smooth surface we could find (like the hood of the car).

They definitely need a lot of light to work, but a sunny day is more than sufficient.

I'm planning on giving some to my nephew along with a cheap LED flashlight so he can play with them inside.

THESE ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY. As a matter of fact, I'm going to buy a few more. So much fun!
review image
on June 16, 2012
A technology so valuable demonstrated so simple!! i like this product it is half my thumb size which i never expected :) but yea looks funny and well made product. Needs good sunlight and once it has you can hardly control it :) u need to be careful that u don't loose it(beacuse of its tiny size, might fall into a pit or pipes).
on September 25, 2012
I bought these toys for goodie bag gifts. We took one out to test and at first I was very disappointed, could not get it to run in any type of artificial light. Then we went outside and the car just zipped along. My five year old LOVES it and has fun watching it speed up then stop in the shade. In direct sun it can actually work a little too well and will go so fast it wheelies and then flips over. But I view that as a positive as that means I don't have to chase it too far.

Great gift bag addition or hostess gift for the kids in the family.
on May 24, 2012
This solar car is the smallest car we've ever seen...but don't be fooled by its small size...it can ZOOOOOOMMMM really fast! I am very happy with this purchase and am going to buy more right now...so they can race each other!