Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,448 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,560 reviews
on July 16, 2015
Would give 10 dtars if possible. Removed batteries it came with and replaced with the following after reading reviews:

Moonrays
3.8 out of 5 stars 84 Reviews
Moonrays 97143 AA NiMh Pre-charged 1500mAh Rechargeable Batteries for Solar Lights, 4-Pack
review image
11 comment| 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2011
i purchased one of these to see if they worked as advertised. I have an area of sidewalk leading up to my front door which is dark and the only way to keep it lit is to keep my exterior lights on. So i thought i would try these to keep it illuminated and save on the electric bill.

First they have slots for two batteries but only comes with one so unless you add another battery it is not going to last all night.

They are not super bright but you get enough light off them to see your key hole on the door and so its not to dark if you get some one coming to your door after dark.

I wish they were a little brighter but not bad.. installation was a breeze..
0Comment| 326 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2015
Junk, I ordered 2 and they arrived with no batteries, no instructions and a broke switch on one unit. I cannot tell you how they look because they don't work without batteries, duh!
review image
55 comments| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2015
I so wished these were good. But, they are not.

Please look at the photo I posted. This is wear and tear from less than a 1 year!
I live near the ocean, so that has to be taken into account.

Each was placed on different side of my house.

- Note smoke like whiteness.
- The one that looks clean is actually pocked with little bubbles.

A sort of funny idea for these is to spray them with Scotch Guard and see how long that lasts.

I own hundreds of different LED lights. All said, the one I by from Lowe's are really expensive, but they outlast everything.
review image
44 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2015
Not a security light. It does not produce enough light. My iPhone makes more light on flashlight mode. I hung it center above my two car garage. It looks tiny and a little ridiculous. The guy that bought 10 of them to line his fence looks cute though, but I am not interested in spending $50 for these.
review image
I am VERY pleased with these lights, so much so I have bought 5 of these lights! They are PERFECT for a bit of extra light over the driveway (we use 3 for this) and a walkway to the porch (where I've affixed it to the lattice work, the supplied clip works perfectly on the white plastic lattice work!) We also have one placed on the gutter over a rear door. We no longer need to flip on a light to check on the dogs or when coming in at night after the driveway lights have shut off for the evening. IF these lights are in full sun on an east side (early shade turn-on) they will obviously shut off a bit earlier than one located in direct sun on the west side. However, they are staying lit at least 5 hours after dusk. This solar light uses an easy to replace rechargeable AA battery.

Tip: Since we have so many I initially mounted them all on the lattice work then once we determined which ones were brightest we used those where we had the most critical need. I would definitely purchase again. Great value for a great product.

NOTE: The extra battery bay is NOT electrically connected, you do not need to put a battery in the spare compartment. There is an On/Off switch near the LEDs. If yours fails to light, check this switch and make sure the battery is located in the proper compartment (silver tabs to make the electrical connection.)

The packaging indicates:
0.3 watt LED
1.2v 1200 mAh AA NI-MH battery (supplied)
on October 13, 2015
First off, this is a small little light. It is not going to be something that you can use as a security light. Having said that, it works great if there is somewhere you just need a small source of light. I use it to illuminate my trash cans. They are around the corner from my garage light, so they were previously in total darkness. This provides a small amount of light so I can see the cans and throw away trash when it is dark. This is solar powered, so it doesn't need any batteries. It automatically switches on when it gets dark and switches off when it is light. There is no motion sensor, so the only options are on or off. Since it hooks to the gutter, I didn't have to worry about positioning the solar panel so that it would get sun. It points straight up - problem solved. It was extremely easy to hook onto the gutter and just attach the screw to secure it. It's a cheap little light, but performs its function wonderfully.
on September 4, 2016
they work as promised, my gutter is approx 8 or 9' high and the foot print of the beam is impressively bright. Granted my house is in a dark end of the street so these shine pretty bright. I have two aimed at my spiral potted plant at my garage and it looks incredible. Sorry about the poor pic, it's from my security cam (far right against my garage highlighting the potted plants only) my cell phone dosen't fair well in low light. Pros: relatively inexpensive, quick install, light weight, good sturdy plastic, although not recommended, I can bend mine a wee bit to aim the beam. Cons: mine fit loosely on my gutter although my gutter has a lip the runs along the top, although invisible at night, they look rather conspicuous during the day, in fact they stick out like sore thumbs.
on November 30, 2015
I can't say I don't like the LED solar gutter light, even with the issues, just the experience as a whole, hence the two stars. It works well enough above my garage/side door and it was cheap enough to not warrant a return, at least not yet.

The issues I found: 1) No batteries included. The description doesn't say "batteries not included," just simply they are "required," and I've never had a solar light that didn't come with batteries. I put in one of my rechargeable batteries and will see how long it lasts. 2) There are two battery compartments, but only one has contacts for a battery, so I can't add a second one if I wanted to. Again, not clear in the ad, but seems to be a defect. It works well enough with one battery, for now... 3) The thumb screw wouldn't fit into the holes in the mounting bracket, but I drilled them out with a bit that was close enough and I got it to thread. 4) According to the seller, the purchase was fulfilled by Amazon, so contacting the seller didn't do any good - I'd have to initiate a return through Amazon, which doesn't really help me out at this point. It's too bad that they won't stand behind their product... If it stops working soon, I'll have to return it, but right now it works well enough for $5.
on May 8, 2015
I love shopping on Amazon because you never know what kind of great deals you can find. This being one of them. Right now these awesome solar powered gutter lights are 77% off! I got four of them to put along the back gutter so they light up the back yard. Perfect now that the weather has finally warmed up. They were simple to assemble and to attach to the gutter and each light takes 2 AA batteries. We used rechargeable batteries.

They give off the perfect amount of light right along the back of the house, into the back yard. They are weather resistant and charge during the day when it's nice and sunny. Then at night we have light if we want to sit outside and star gaze or even have a small fire. It gives off that LED White too which I love! I am very happy with this purchase. I highly recommend them and get them while they are 77% off, they really are an awesome deal!