Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Solaris 10 System Administration Exam Prep: Exam CX-310-202 Part II
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

83%
17%
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 28, 2010
Well it certainly helped me in studying for my Part 2 certification which i passed first time. It covers in depth workings on topics and related information on Solaris 10 administration. I would certainly recommend it.

However this is not the only thing you need to pass for the exam as Sun change their curriculum on the part 1 and 2 administration exams. The questions are based on scenarios which are not covered in these books.
on March 7, 2011
I bought part 1 and 2 of this book. I've only finished part one, but i will say this is probably the best written computer book that i've ever read. Lets face it, computer books can be drab and an absolute bore to read. Bill Calkins, the author, seems to talk you through everything making it easier to read this book. Its almost as if he's there with you going over the material. I highly recommend this book.
on November 24, 2011
This is a good book for passing the test, however you need to study both books before attempting the test. Some of the information in book one is on test 2 and some information in boot 2 are on test 1.
on January 18, 2013
I've been working with Solaris since version 2.3 came out many years ago. I finally decided to sit for certification testing, but I knew my background had some "blind spots" - there are parts of Solaris that we do not use where I work and I am thus unfamiliar with them. These books really helped fill in those blind spots and added depth to my understanding of other parts of the operating system. includes good review material as well.

Passed the tests on the first try. Eager to see a Solaris 11 version of this book.
on September 18, 2010
This book is well written, and not only able to assist in exam preparation, but written in such a way as to make it a good reference for daily admin work.
on May 11, 2013
The author goes into a lot of needed detail without just putting in filler. The informational content is what you will need and be useful.