- File Size: 836 KB
- Print Length: 273 pages
- Publisher: Lyrical Shine (October 11, 2016)
- Publication Date: October 11, 2016
- Sold by: Penguin Random House Publisher Services
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01AQNY7G8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,128,108 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #3161 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
- #4494 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- #10422 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
|Print List Price:||$15.00|
Save $11.01 (73%)
Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price set by seller.
A Soldier Finds His Way (A Veteran's Heart) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
However, I did find myself cheering for Edward and amazed at Audra's tolerance and forgiveness....which, of course, ultimately pays out in the end - so much so that Edward is able to leave his own darkness behind.
Ultimately I am VERY happy with the outcome of their story and hope to hear more of them as I continue to read the series. I've already pre-ordered book 2.
The meet-cute for Edward and Audra was unique, filled with danger and harrowing events. From there, their relationship takes a very realistic tone and the timespan of the developing friendship and attraction to something more is well paced and sensible. It had just the right amount of conflict, a matter that came from outside, not something either of them was necessarily responsible for.
Edward's personality isn't very admirable at the beginning. From the conversations with his friends, a clear picture is drawn of his shortcomings, his abrupt temper, and his agitation with people. I felt like his image was drawn with sharp edges to get the full turnaround of his nature, that is the main focus of the tale.
I liked Edward and Audra, their personalities was well described, both of them complex and charismatic characters. There were some other characters that I wasn't very fond of, like Audra's father. He wasn't my favorite even before he made some poor choices.
The military life Edward was living was given ample amount of attention. The camaraderie with his team was admirable, even though not without conflict and clash.
Edward's struggle with his faith, belief in God, and ableness to accept and believe in love, overcome the past hurt, open up, trust, and have faith, hope for the future was agonizing. Before he finds peace in his mind, he manages to put everything he has worked for and gained in life in danger, by his misgivings and unease. The journey he takes has angst and setbacks like we have in real life, more dread and uneasiness than the budding romance between him and Audra.
A compelling and engaging story about faith, love, and hope, with deeply felt Christian beliefs and values, military life, and meddling Italian family. A curious start to a new series
~ Four Spoons
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary