Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins Book 5)
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on November 6, 2012
Carter Wallace has come home to be with his family and deliver a message to a fallen comrade's widow, Savannah. Her reaction to his message is not what he expected. Having been left by the man who claimed to love her, she doesn't know what to make of her estranged husband's last words. She especially doesn't know what to make of the handsome soldier's offer of help. However, with no one else to turn to she accepts his help and so begins Savannah and Carter's journey to find where duty ends and love begins.
I really liked Carter's character. He's loyal and compassionate and takes his duty seriously, whether to his country or to his friends or to his family. He's sort of in an interesting situation among his family. He's the only one among his siblings that isn't a twin and that sort of makes him feel like the odd one out. He tries to keep himself detached from feeling anything but it really doesn't work when it comes to Savannah. Savannah is wary at first, but considering the fact that the person she trusted the most let her down you can understand her reluctance to trust again especially someone as handsome and charming as Carter.
In the background, the "family" plot continues. This is the second to the last book in the texas twins series so if you haven't read the other ones before it you will be a little lost in regards to the family issues.
All in all, I thought it was a very sweet story.
on November 16, 2012
What a great series. It has more twists and turns than a slinky. Can't wait for the final book. As in all of Love Inspired novels, there is no sexual content, no swearing, and the spiritual component is refreshing. If you haven't read a Love Inspired novel, give one a try. They are heartwarming, inspirational and just the right length and content for a light read. Although sometimes you do have to resort to getting a tissue. And as I've said before, having them available on my Kindle is a bonus.
on February 21, 2015
The Soldier found new family in more ways than one as well as renewing his faith in God. A few more questions, a few more surprises. The saga keeps reinforcing the fact that love comes when we least expect it and family is more than flesh and bone.
Can't wait to read Reunited for the Holidays...
on February 20, 2013
I started the series with "The Soldier's Newfound Family" by Kathryn Springer since she's one of my favorite Love Inspired writers. I'm so happy that I did! Her book, though the next to last in the series, led me to getting all of them. They are ALL well-written, well-developed, and made me cheer for the characters even more with each read. The premise is interesting, the characters are enthralling, and the main storyline is laid out with suspense, intrigue, and romance through the books in a way that brings you to very satisfying endings with each one all the way to the last. Each writer brings different aspects that compliment the others, so I suggest you also read the rest of this wonderful series that makes me want to visit a place like Grasslands Texas someday! The series in release order is: "Her Surprise Sister" by Marta Perry, "Mirror Image Bride" by Barbara McMahon, "Carbon Copy Cowboy" by Arlene James, "Look-Alike Lawman" by Glynna Kaye, "The Soldier's Newfound Family" by Kathryn Springer, and "Reunited for the Holidays" by Jillian Hart. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. May our Savior bless you with the kind of love that all these lovely characters come to know! – Tonja Klein at eirinth.com
on November 3, 2014
This one lured me to buy one other book in the series, but that one was lame. I love Kathryn Springer. I like her stories and the characters always have such dimension. You can't go wrong with her books. The other one was so bad that I did not bother to read the other books in the series. This one basically told you what happened in the previous 4, so you can't read it out of order.
on November 5, 2012
The Soldier's Newfound Family by Kathryn Springer
Texas Twins Series Book 5
Carter Wallace, the youngest and only one who isn't Belle's blood, has returned from overseas. He carried a lot more than his US Marines duffel home with him, he had a load-full of guilt. Even though he may have saved three men, he wasn't able to save his best friend, Rob. He had promised him to check on Savanna when he returned to Texas. He would do what he could to help his friend's widow. And face all the changes in his family. A family he never felt very close to.

Savanna Blackmore was in quite a situation. Widowed, being evicted and now told by her doctor that the baby she carried was fine but she needed to be off her feet more. Her only option was to take up the offer from Carter, to go stay at his sister's ranch in Grasslands. She could get use to going from her lonely life to this boisterous family but she couldn't intrude for long with all their own family issues going on. And if she was around Carter much longer she might fall for him. Or was it already too late for that?

This has been such an exciting series. Each of the five authors so far has added so much to each of their characters and the story. I'm sure that Jillian Hart will pull it all together in Reunited for the Holidays. We have a mysterious church secretary, Bibles and apology notes popping up, missing dad, comatose mom and cute kids and critters. I would advise to start with book one in this series so you get the full picture from the beginning. It has really built up a great mystery for this last book to bring out.
on January 4, 2013
I have read all the Texas Twin Series and love the story of faith, family and love for one another. These books have inspired me to change my way of thinking about many things, especially family.

I recommend these books highly.
on March 2, 2013
This one is about the soldier brother who doesn't have a twin, but is really happy to gain more family. The ladies all did a great job on this series and I enjoyed every single book. Texas Twins all the way!!!
on November 11, 2012
The is a series and hoy must read all the books to understand what is going on, but they are really worth the read I've read all so far and there seems to be at least one more, and I'm really anxious to get the next one. I would recommend all the "Texas Twins" series.
on November 16, 2012
A very good book. Can't wait to get the next one! Wish it would have given a little more information as to the puzzle though.